off topic thread

Comments

• DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,133

Logging in will be a problem for a little while. Just intermittent like today.

will still be able to lurk occasionally.

Went to Little Rock, Arkansas, and then will quarantine a while before getting back to my current home base. 

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 38,064

instead of saving the damed scene or exporting selected I dragged it to my browser.

Always a bad idea, 90% of the time will save with a preview, the other 10% Carrara stops responding and now I will likely lose all my work.crying

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675

reloads with the boxes?

Mystiarra said:

reloads with the boxes?

not even saved yet, hour later think I have lost it and will need to kill Carrara in taskmanager  

• Steve KSteve K Posts: 3,227

Diomede said:

Went to Little Rock, Arkansas, and then will quarantine a while before getting back to my current home base. 

As a teen, a good (wealthy) school friend invited me to his family's large ranch near Little Rock.  Amazing place, with the biggest freezer I ever saw filled with meat.  Due to "enthusiastic" riding technique, I fell off a horse and limped for several days.  Good times.

OK could easily drag my set to the Carrara browser

Once DAZ Studio iray finished rendering

Apparently it was sucking the life out of Carrara laugh

i loaded a ds hair, orsson.  carrara totally frozen  gahhh

that gallery is dead thread locked.  another dread thread

Diomede said:

your quarantine made a scene in an awful dream i had last night.  was a deadly virus going around. and quarantine camps. 

gahh  rebooted, reloaded scene, now the carrara hair is pure white. went into shader rooms to set it blue.  still white

• Diomede said:

Dang, you get around.  smiley

Thanks again for the GC.  yes

• DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,331

Misty, are you set to Gama Correction 2.2?

If so, multiply your blue color by a copy of itself turned almost black.

1. Color > Operators > Multiply
    2. Ctrl/Drag Blue from Source 1 to Source 2 to copy in over.
    3. Open color chip from source 2 > set L to something really low, like 4 or 5 or even less.

Try that, see if it helps.

• Sci Fi FunkSci Fi Funk Posts: 1,198

Embarassing question time. 

Is there any way i can change my username on here?

I really need to drop the youtube bit in my name, since I left them in 2017 as they treated thier creators so badly. I can't see how to do it.

Thanks.

• Sci Fi Funk on Youtube said:

Embarassing question time. 

Is there any way i can change my username on here?

I really need to drop the youtube bit in my name, since I left them in 2017 as they treated thier creators so badly. I can't see how to do it.

Thanks.

https://www.daz3d.com/customer/account/edit/changepass/1/

edited February 2021

WendyLuvsCatz said:

OK could easily drag my set to the Carrara browser

Once DAZ Studio iray finished rendering

Apparently it was sucking the life out of Carrara laugh

Ah yes - I've been there before - it will load both daz and carrara materials into your (one?) graphics card, then if the scenes are big enough it will page out of the graphic cards memory and into ram which is a huge slow down. If it pages out of RAM into your Hard Drive then good night Vienna.

Post edited by Sci Fi Funk on
  • I see you haven't figured out how to change your username yet, if the link doesn't work

(or go to the page password change is also possible)

then maybe ask a mod to fix it

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited February 2021

Actually   forum members should change their own user names.   The Account dashboard is set up to specifically do it that way. 

https://www.daz3d.com/customer/account/edit/

Post edited by Chohole on

there no way to filter my prodlib for howie stuff.  only hapsburg has the word carrara in title.

• Chohole said:

Actually   forum members should change their own user names.   The Account dashboard is set up to specifically do it that way. 

https://www.daz3d.com/customer/account/edit/

maybe he decided to stick with the name after all cheeky 

• DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,133

UnifiedBrain said:

Diomede said:

Now I am in Corpus Christie, Texas for the month of February.  After being told it was recommended that I stay away from my elderly folks in Dallas for two weeks after visiting Arkansas, I was checking out where I could stay for two weeks.  Well....  ...I could stay in a rundown Dallas motel for two weeks, or.... stay in a Corpus Christi extended stay for a whole month for about the same price.  

Beach pics to follow.  HW isn't the only person who can surf in February!

(except I can't surf in any month because I can't surf at all, and even if I could, the Gulf of Mexico rarely has waves.)

Diomede said:

UnifiedBrain said:

Diomede said:

Now I am in Corpus Christie, Texas for the month of February.  After being told it was recommended that I stay away from my elderly folks in Dallas for two weeks after visiting Arkansas, I was checking out where I could stay for two weeks.  Well....  ...I could stay in a rundown Dallas motel for two weeks, or.... stay in a Corpus Christi extended stay for a whole month for about the same price.  

Beach pics to follow.  HW isn't the only person who can surf in February!

(except I can't surf in any month because I can't surf at all, and even if I could, the Gulf of Mexico rarely has waves.)

I bet you could in a Render!!! :)

did the lovely export procedural as a jpg, works brilliantyes

any way to get the grout out as a bump map?

@WendyLuvsCatz @Chohole Thanks very much for your help! 

I don't know how I missed how to do it. Anyway we are the other side of youtube finally - I feel clean again. 

CHEERS! 

• I wish I could do this sort of stuff

their whole channel is these awesome particles

edited February 2021

When I made this, it was only my second attempt to do custom particles in Particle Illusion - the first was making the fog, smoke and explosions in my Introducing Rosie 5 video. 

After watch just a few of the tutorials (I know... you don't do that) from BorisFX, I was able to find my way around tweaking the particles effects a little - but I'm still not even a newbie at it. Need experience and practice. 

But I can't help but notice that that video has a lot of the preset particles in Particle Illusion - and they've put them to great effect! Anyway... you really could do that. Particle Illusion Rocks, and is pretty easy to learn. Just requires practice.

Post edited by Dartanbeck on
  • Love that Dart !

Thanks! The gif is playing at half the speed the animation plays at. It was a fun experiment - I learned a lot!

Changing her from translucent blue-green to full-on opaque was also a learning experience in Fusion!

• I have fois gras and a big gallstone surprise

**ouch**  feel better soon!

Oh no!!! Sorry to hear that. Please take good care of you heart

This discussion has been closed.