off topic thread

Comments

• Steve KSteve K Posts: 3,227

Okay, time for a little humor:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?app=desktop&v=Z2Px06KihhM

Here on the Texas Gulf coast, we don't get much ice.  But when we do, mostly on freeway overpasses, the local TV stations set up cameras to watch the cars slide down into the pileup.  Wheels turned full, brakes locked.  For hours.

• Bunyip02Bunyip02 Posts: 8,420
    edited December 2020

SileneUK said:

Diomede, thanks for asking about me. Eyes have just been tired.  Been a terrible three weeks for other reasons, though. I don't know if I shared it here, but we had a family friend, young (40 something) man who is a friend especially of the boys', who had covid. But now has died because of it last week.  He was here locally in a regional hospital in late October, first on 02 therapy, then ventilated, but he developed a hole in his lung and was sent up to London and put on ECMO. They turned the machines off last weekend. 

They thought to do a lung op but the MRI revealed the other lung had become brittle.  He never smoked and was strong as an ox.  But he was a builder and like to meet his mates in the pub after work, and that is where he got it. Thankfully our boys [men also 40s] were more sensible and did not go to any pub where they could not be outside when the rules permitted. Once Chris went into hospital, they stopped going to pubs period. It's too sad for words... he married his childhood sweetheart young, so he was already a granddad of a baby girl. What a terrible thing for a family to have to go through, especially at this time of year. It's been reallly hard on our younger one as he often subcontracted to him, but he was in the older one's wedding party. He and his brothers did the building conversion of a big victorian townhouse into flats and we live in one of them. Chris was a craftsman, his work is all around us.

It's a strange and lonely Christmas for so many, so we are just thankful our family is OK. And hope all of you and yours are as well.  heart  Silene

This is Chris

Condolences to his family & friends. Just had an uncle pass away (heart attack), spent a couple of hours the other day organising flowers for his wife, she said they were beautiful when they arrived.

Post edited by Bunyip02 on
  • Sci Fi FunkSci Fi Funk Posts: 1,198

Happy Christmas everyone - here's to a much better 2021 than 2020 in world events, plus (of course) MORE GREAT ART!

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675

Merry Christmas!

tho i guess in australia is boxer day by now.  i forget yous all prolly still sleeping.  summer?

• mindsongmindsong Posts: 1,701

best of health and good folks to share it with through this season and in the new year.

y'all are gems in a world of rough.

best,

--ms

• Carrara has been trying for well over an hour now to load this DAZ studio scene with instances as objects surprise
    https://www.deviantart.com/sfman/art/Free-for-DAZ-Urban-Streets-Of-Tomorrow-by-sfman-723533720

longest load i ever waited for was that detailed sakura tree.  after it loaded moving camera angle took for evah

• this took 2 hours now I am duplicating stuff and deleting the intances to objects

• 3drendero3drendero Posts: 2,024
    I think that I managed to load Urban Streets into Carrara a long time ago. The save worked, but not sure if eveeything was included. Any chance of sharing the Carrara file Wendy?
    edited December 2020
    Did not try the PBR plugin with the Iray textures either. /Edit, there is a V2 version of the plugin from 2019, missing from the old news article: https://carraracafe.com/new-carrara-plug-in-pbrlightingmodel/
    Post edited by 3drendero on
  • 3drendero said:

I think that I managed to load Urban Streets into Carrara a long time ago. The save worked, but not sure if eveeything was included. Any chance of sharing the Carrara file Wendy?

this is not a Stonemason set, it is a freebie from DeviantArt and no I cannot but you can download the DAZ studio scene from my link

once saved to car format it loads in a reasonable time anyway 

Sorry, re-read the license and a new download probaly needs sfman's approval. Awesome freebie.
  • WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 38,064
    edited December 2020

this is the DAZ studio iray render

10 hours render!!!

10 hours DAINapp 8X interpolation!!!

then an hour Waifu2xCaffe upscale!!!

Carrara while saved I am still redoing shaders and lights, will be a while before I can even start rendering

Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on
  • Carrara Native, only took a couple hours to render but my cones are all floating!

Is this the free upscaler that you are using? Have missed out on these so far: https://github.com/AaronFeng753/Waifu2x-Extension-GUI/
  • 3drendero said:

Is this the free upscaler that you are using? Have missed out on these so far: https://github.com/AaronFeng753/Waifu2x-Extension-GUI/

that looks like a prettier more colourful version but yeah same UI yes

I have mentioned both in the free software that makes life easier thread cheeky

• HeadwaxHeadwax Posts: 9,969
    edited December 2020

thanks for the kind thought, hope everyone and loved ones are safe ...

surf's been so crowdede in oz I bought an inflatable paddle board and have been fishing on it 600 bucks worth of lures etc and all I have caught is my thumb (trebble hooks sink deep...argh)

amd some high powere lines crossing over a creek....

living life in the fast lane

this is board half deflated one evening last week

oh, and the fishermen in tinnies love to tell me that lake is infested with bull sharks...

20201217_200010.jpg
    4128 x 3096 - 6M
    Post edited by Headwax on
  • DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,133

HW - looks wonderful, except the bull sharks part.  Glad to hear you are all right.  2020 has been too crazy.

• SileneUKSileneUK Posts: 1,971

Wishing you all a happier, healthier and peaceful New Year.  Was watchihg a re-broadcast of The Royal Variety Show (done without live audience, using virtuals).  There's about 30 secs of the finale with Michael Ball, The NHS Care Choir and a cameo appearance by Sir Capt Tom Moore who raised all that money... worth a look/listen.

heart  Silene

edited December 2020

RIP Windows 10 Video Editor

it was cool and lots of fun

updates made it unuseable as it no longer loads any of my mp4 formats at all

used to just be Twinmotion but now it won't recognise any mp4 files

Happy new year!
    Wendy, do you have this Windows Store addon installed? https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/p/mpeg-2-video-extension/9n95q1zzpmh4?activetab=pivot:overviewtab Since it says: If you have MP4 or MKV video files that don’t play, this extension should help.
    edited January 2021

3drendero said:

Wendy, do you have this Windows Store addon installed? https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/p/mpeg-2-video-extension/9n95q1zzpmh4?activetab=pivot:overviewtab Since it says: If you have MP4 or MKV video files that don’t play, this extension should help.

yes it is installed and photos which is the same app plays my videos just fine

and it did work before the big Windows updates, Google suggests this is common, using Hitfilm Express now as cannot be bothered

I compiled these in Blender video editor as that is my fastest option and usually works in everything because the image sequences were massive and Hitfilm wwould have taken hours and hours!

I could have just done the lot in Blender to be honest at this point

edited January 2021

next time I will render to mp4 in Twinmotion to start with instead of image series, just that Hitfim won't read those either blush then use use Blender for the lot

it works on both my computers yes

this was the video

has some DAZ studio and even a Carrara scene as well as Twinmotion

edited January 2021

I was reminded of the Carrara turkey

did a quick rig just using IK and rearranging hierarchy but can do better so not sharing this one blush

https://www.facebook.com/1653360584/videos/10222685749566399/

• SileneUKSileneUK Posts: 1,971

Love The Tree video!  yesheart  Silene

SileneUK said:

Love The Tree video!  yesheart  Silene

thanks 

• DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,133

SileneUK said:

Wishing you all a happier, healthier and peaceful New Year.  Was watchihg a re-broadcast of The Royal Variety Show (done without live audience, using virtuals).  There's about 30 secs of the finale with Michael Ball, The NHS Care Choir and a cameo appearance by Sir Capt Tom Moore who raised all that money... worth a look/listen.

heart  Silene

And a happy New Year from me as well.  May 2021 be many times better than 2020.

There is light at the end of the tunnel.  My sister works for SouthWestern Medical Center here in Dallas and just got the vaccine.  My cousin is a nurse in Pennsylvania and was vaccinated recently.  My elderly parents will be able to set a reservation for a time soon (better than Daz soon).  The rest of the family (including me) are waiting dutifully for our slot, which may not be for quite some time.  

Go forth and render, everyone!

edited January 2021

Carrara Procedural won't work, wanted mossy rocks in Octane

used grass and flower shader

they look fuzzy

I cannot edit the displacement map as it has no path and copying it to another shader it won't save

is an Octane live database shader so prob not even on my computer

tg0000.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 1M
This discussion has been closed.