Show us your 3Delight renders

Comments

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,930

..yeah for some reason fell out of the loop (stopped getting reminders).  Some really good stuff here that shows off the versatility of 3DL. Everything from  comic book to realism.. 

• Sven DullahSven Dullah Posts: 7,621
    kyoto kid said:

..yeah for some reason fell out of the loop (stopped getting reminders).  Some really good stuff here that shows off the versatility of 3DL. Everything from  comic book to realism.. 

I guess that's why I love to work with 3DL...capable of so many things;)

• JOdelJOdel Posts: 6,280
    edited October 2020

So. On to Volume 2 of 'The Best Revenge' this one is subtitled; 'Harry at Hogwarts'.

I see that there are some reposts going on, since I uploaded a few things from the original versions some pages earlier, and now am reposting both the 2011 versions as well as the redos for comparison. Sorry about that.

This is the inset panel for the 2nd volume. I posted the full original version several pages back, but the cover itself hasn't been redesigned. I've just replaced the inset panel.

The cover inset from 2011 was a nightmare of postwork. The foreground was actually a commercial scene for Bryce. Like the frontspiece which was done from one of Howie Farkes's Cararra scenes, I just opened it up and pointed a camera at it. Then patched in the rest which had been rendered in Studio.

I am so glad tht I will never have to deal with DS3 again in this lifetime. It no only was 32-bit on the Mac, but it was a hassle and a half to deal with.

Book-2-Compare.jpg
    800 x 885 - 186K
    Post edited by JOdel on
    JOdel said:

So. On to Volume 2 of 'The Best Revenge' this one is subtitled; 'Harry at Hogwarts'.

I see that there are some reposts going on, since I uploaded a few things from the original versions some pages earlier, and now am reposting both the 2011 versions as well as the redos for comparison. Sorry about that.

This is the inset panel for the 2nd volume. I posted the full original version several pages back, but the cover itself hasn't been redesigned. I've just replaced the inset panel.

The cover inset from 2011 was a nightmare of postwork. The foreground was actually a commercial scene for Bryce. Like the frontspiece which was done from one of Howie Farkes's Cararra scenes, I just opened it up and pointed a camera at it. Then patched in the rest which had been rendered in Studio.

I am so glad tht I will never have to deal with DS3 again in this lifetime. It no only was 32-bit on the Mac, but it was a hassle and a half to deal with.

Hmm...for what it's worth, I like the old one better. Nice dramatic sky and camera angle.

edited October 2020

Yeah, the original cover inset isn't an embarassment at all. I can't say that for may of the original graphics.

Of course, the skies in both cases are not actual scenery. The re-do uses a backdrop which I converted to 3DL, and rendered with the rest of the scene. The sky of the old one is from one of didi_mc's packages over on Rendo. Those are great stuff for postworking backgrounds and things outside windows. I think she generates them in Vue.

But I needed to redo the inset so it would be obvious that this is a new edition, and since I'm doing the new illos in a semi-'Toon style the brighter colors seemed appropriate. The page borders of this particular project are fairly loud as well.

Post edited by JOdel on
    edited October 2020

...that's really nice, could almost be a scene from my story

Post edited by kyoto kid on
    kyoto kid said:

...that's really nice, could almost be a scene from my story

Tks:)

• mmalbertmmalbert Posts: 412

Forgot about this. While I now have a computer that can finally handle iray renders (and dForce yay!) I still render lots of 3DL scenes. A fewer newer ones, mostly Halloween-ish related.

And some toonier ones!

:)

edited October 2020
    mmalbert said:

Forgot about this. While I now have a computer that can finally handle iray renders (and dForce yay!) I still render lots of 3DL scenes. A fewer newer ones, mostly Halloween-ish related.

Nice ones! I like this one in particular;)

mmalbert said:

And some toonier ones!

:)

Cute:))

Post edited by Sven Dullah on

The Dullah Center is closed due to the Pandemic

..good one.  smiley

mmalbert said:

..really love these. 

Next up is the Frontspiece. This one is another repost, since I posted the 2011 version some pages back. This is another one which I am not at all embarassed by, and another which was rather a nightmare of postwork. 

Like I said back then, The main background is one of Howie Farkes's Cararra sets (Maple Meadows, I think). I just opend it and pointed a camera at it and rendered it in its defaults. The train is a Western Train set from a site caled poseAtier, rendered in Studio. Everything patched and spliced together in Photoshop.

For the redo I opend up the texture files for the engine in Photoshop, and changed the green to red. But basically the only postwork was the usual general adjustments and sharpening. Done entirely in Studio, this time.

The original is probably a bit more attractive, overall, but again, if I'm redoing things, I need to redo all the things. And also, when I actually was in Britain, I never saw a train line which went through a forest like the first one. There were a few which were not *too* dissimilar to to the redo, however.

2011.jpg
    799 x 1183 - 419K
    2020.jpg
    799 x 1295 - 349K
  • mmalbertmmalbert Posts: 412
    edited October 2020

Thanks! With the couple I was trying for a negative space kind of thing with the colors. It was a challenge to light, given her pale skin and his much darker one.

And speaking of color, I broke out V4 for this one. 

Used maddelerium's Blair for V4 texture on one of my V4 morphs and the old -- as in Generation 3 old! -- Paradise Hair. I've always like that rainbow texture.

I have utitilities to use the texture on later versions of Genesis but didn't feel like messing with any of that and I don't mind using V4 from time to time.

(Ugh; forgot to resize the image. Sorry for that!)

Post edited by Chohole on
  • SaphirewildSaphirewild Posts: 6,667
    kyoto kid said:

I guess that's why I love to work with 3DL...capable of so many things;)

That is why I just love 3Delight as well there is so much you can still do with it even realism!!!

The first "adventure" takes place on the train. Draco has high-handedly introduced Harry to his father's retainers' sons, Crabbe and Goyle, and hauled him off to a comartment. A very upset Nevill turns up some way into the trip, looking for his toad. Harry recalls that a book of his father's had a spell for summoning a familiar. So they haul his trunk down from the baggage rack, find the book, and encourage Neville to try summoning Trevor.

Which he does without any signifiant difficulty. Neville is amazed that it worked, Draco is reluctantly impressed, and they all decide it's time for lunch. 

In 2011, and 2020.

Incidentally, the 2011 version is one of the only times that I was ever able to get 5 gen4 figures into a scene and actually have it render.

2011.jpg
    798 x 997 - 212K
    2020.jpg
    799 x 1295 - 223K

...I love the storybook illustration style.

Thank you. That is *exactly* what I'm after. Something that looks like it might be printed in a book.

I've not made my mind up yet whether I should run them through an analog art filter or not. It would give them a more painterly look, but it loses detail.

Converted the HD Grandpiano by Protozoon...

edited October 2020

...I did the same but it was lost when my library drive crashed over a year and a half ago.

BTW beautiful.

kyoto kid said:

...I did the same but it was lost when my library drive crashed over a year and a half ago.

BTW beautiful.

Tks! It's a beautiful modelsmiley

edited October 2020

The next challenge was the Sorting ceremony. There was an unhealthy amount of interest when "Potter, Harry" was called to be Sorted.

Harry was aware that Professor McGonagall would like for him to be in her House. Also that Professor Snape might like for him to be in his. Harry doesn't want to offend either one by choosing one House over the other. He tells the Hat that he wants to go to where he would have the most friends.

The Hat, obligingly Sorts him into Hufflepuff.

2011, and 2020.

2011.jpg
    797 x 1266 - 282K
    2020.jpg
    799 x 1295 - 363K
    Post edited by JOdel on
  • ProtozoonProtozoon Posts: 552

Hey, that's great!

-P-

Protozoon said:

Hey, that's great!

-P-

Tks:) I just wish I had the budget to buy your entire store, so many great models in theresmiley!

...another day in the woods...

..oy, that has a very good sense of realism.

edited October 2020
    kyoto kid said:

..oy, that has a very good sense of realism.

Tks kk, well I mean Genesis 1, V4 hair, M4 clothes and K4 armor...what could possibly go wrong? laugh

Post edited by Sven Dullah on
    edited October 2020

..should have recognised the lady's hair.  Bolina Hair which I used for my version of the character Merida from the film Brave

kyoto kid said:

..should have recognised the lady's hair.  Bolina Hair whic I used for my version of the character Merida from the film Brave

Yup! It was living in my wishlist for ages, picked it up the other day, love it:)

This discussion has been closed.