Show us your 3Delight renders

Comments

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,578
    Ah I'd need that one but not sure if it works with DS4.9...yeah I use dFormers all the time but they have their limitations:) Still, I think they are underrated...

It does, I use it in 4.8

• Pretty happy with this one.

Untditled-1.jpg
    2326 x 1395 - 3M
  • JOdelJOdel Posts: 6,280

The one that I used in the previous illo (both for 2011 and 2020) is an old Sixus1 Poser model Cerberus that used to be on Rendo (might still be). It's not great, but it seems to be the only Cerberrus I've come across. It might have been better if I could get hair on it. But I wasn't about to lose the time attempting to do that myself. I posted a query about whether anyone might be interested in a commission, but got no takers. So I stuck a fur shader on the 2020 iteration. It didn't do the best job in the world. But I was able to keep most of it off-camera.

• Sven DullahSven Dullah Posts: 7,621
    Ah I'd need that one but not sure if it works with DS4.9...yeah I use dFormers all the time but they have their limitations:) Still, I think they are underrated...

It does, I use it in 4.8

Excellent, tks!!

Pretty happy with this one.

yes

• khorneV2khorneV2 Posts: 146
    JOdel said:

Later that week Harry was invited to tea at Hagrid's. Hermione, wondered aloud whether Hagrid might know something about 3-headed dogs.

So Harry and his fellow Explorers club officers *all* went off to tea at Hagrid's. 

In 2011, and again in 2020.

nices ones !

Meanwhile, Albus called a meeting with the staff members who had contributed to the defenses in the labyrinth, to show them what they were protecting.

This is another illustration which is nerw for the 2020 edition. It has no equivalent in the 2011 version.

2020.jpg
    799 x 1295 - 279K
  • A piece of mine

Intro19.jpg
    1600 x 900 - 241K

A piece of mine

Looking delicious:) Nicely done!

• A piece of mine

A piece of mine

Thanks. Mostly it is PWToon shaders. The fastest 3Delight shaders, I found. 

Can I ask you a question?. How fast AWE shaders are? Can I have same NPR look with them?

edited November 2020

A piece of mine

A piece of mine

Thanks. Mostly it is PWToon shaders. The fastest 3Delight shaders, I found. 

Can I ask you a question?. How fast AWE shaders are? Can I have same NPR look with them?

That's a good question. Not sure I can give you an accurate answer...I don't have pwToon so can't compare, and with awe I always go for some kind of realism so haven't really tested yet. Could be interesting to give it a try though:) I guess you could cut rendertimes by reducing diffuse- and specular bounce depth and turning off global illumination and so on, but I doubt it will be faster than a dedicated toon shader.

Edit to add: So I understand you have aweSurface. You could try setting diffuse roughness to 100% for a more "flat" shading effect. Also note that you can remove limits and push it even higher if you are going for a toonish look;) And turning off specular/reflections, or setting it to a low number with a high roughness combined with fresnel with a high roughness could help.

Post edited by Sven Dullah on

Hagrid did indeed know about 3-headed dogs, but that wasn't the only information they got at Hagrid's hut. There was an old newspaper lying about which had an article about a Gringotts break-in. Harry realized that the date was the day that he had met Hagrid, and later seen Hagrid on his way to Gringotts, being followed by Professor Quirrell.

The four Firsties were quick to put 2+2 together. Hermione insisted that they tell a teacher.

So they did.

This is another new illustration with no 2011 counterpart.

2020.jpg
    799 x 1295 - 257K

Given that it didn't take three weeks into the term for four First years to figure out not only what was being hidden in the school, but who was after it, Professors Snape and McGonagall were extremely concerned about the protections in the labyrinth. Particularly since Quirrell had provided one of them.

Albus was inclined to dismiss their concerns, but was willing to let them test the defenses.

In 2011, and again in 2020.

2011.jpg
    799 x 1273 - 309K
    2020.jpg
    799 x 1295 - 207K

Well this continuing saga has been derailed by the inability to attach a file. I click on the choose file button, and nothing whatever happens. 

Anybody know of a work-around?

JOdel said:

Well this continuing saga has been derailed by the inability to attach a file. I click on the choose file button, and nothing whatever happens. 

Anybody know of a work-around?

Temporary glitch, maybe? Or did you use special characters like & in the image name? Wrong file format?

Nope, the files are named 2011 and 2020 just like all the rest in the series. I tried a half a dozen times yesterday and the choose file button continued to be inactive.

I also installed a new security update and updated Safari yesterday. But there hasn't been any problem trying to upload images over on Hivewire. I haven't tried to upload anything anywhere else here in the DAZ forums though.

I'll try again now and add the description if it works.

Nope, I get a beachball for about a second, but no directory box comes up so I can choose anything.

JOdel said:

Nope, the files are named 2011 and 2020 just like all the rest in the series. I tried a half a dozen times yesterday and the choose file button continued to be inactive.

I also installed a new security update and updated Safari yesterday. But there hasn't been any problem trying to upload images over on Hivewire. I haven't tried to upload anything anywhere else here in the DAZ forums though.

I'll try again now and add the description if it works.

Nope, I get a beachball for about a second, but no directory box comes up so I can choose anything.

Hmm working for me (Mac/Firefox)...and you tried another browser?

I don't actually use any other browser, but I think I have an old version of Chrome. I'll try that.

Okay this is with an *old* version of Chrome. I don't recall how old. I think it got ported over when I got this computer in 2018. Recent updates ought not to affect it.

Meanwhile, back to the story: Harry has had an idea. The stairs to the forbidden corridor are opposite the door to their clubroom. During the summer, Professor McGonagall had introduced him to the sort of things one can do with runes. One of the spells was to make a peephole which was invisible from the other side. He could make a peephole, and monitor the staircase and see when Quirrell went up them to steal the Stone!

It was only after he had made the peephole that he realized that he would not be able to monitor it at all times. He had classes, and there was a curfew in the evening.

He calls Muffy, the elf who had taken care of him suring the summer and explains what heeds to be done.

In 2011, and 2020. (I can upload images in Chrome.)

2011.jpg
    798 x 1267 - 227K
    2020.jpg
    799 x 1295 - 171K
    JOdel said:

Okay this is with an *old* version of Chrome. I don't recall how old. I think it got ported over when I got this computer in 2018. Recent updates ought not to affect it.

Meanwhile, back to the story: Harry has had an idea. The stairs to the forbidden corridor are opposite the door to their clubroom. During the summer, Professor McGonagall had introduced him to the sort of things one can do with runes. One of the spells was to make a peephole which was invisible from the other side. He could make a peephole, and monitor the staircase and see when Quirrell went up them to steal the Stone!

It was only after he had made the peephole that he realized that he would not be able to monitor it at all times. He had classes, and there was a curfew in the evening.

He calls Muffy, the elf who had taken care of him suring the summer and explains what heeds to be done.

In 2011, and 2020. (I can upload images in Chrome.)

Cool story:) Poor elf needs a stool or a box...hmm maybe a periscopesmiley

It will turn out that the height of the peephole is a non-issue.But Harry doesn't find that out until Halloween.

edited November 2020

Hufflepuff House has a number of traditions which most of the rest of the school never hears about. Many of them are House activities. Such as their Talent Night.

Sally, of course, is going to dance. Seeing the enthusiasm for the various performances throughout the House, the other Firsties are feeling left out. Harry suggests that they act out one of the stories in Beedle the Bard. There are three First year boys, why not do the story of the Three Brothers? Susan cries dibs on reading the story, and Hannah will play Death and the dead sweetheart.

Well, that doesn't go particularly well. Susan points out that Sally's dance (which is The Dying Swan) is about dying, so why shouldn't she do the dead sweetheart, and Hannah will just play Death. 

They incorporate Sally's dance into the skit, and the whole thing is *very* well recieved. 

Professor Sprout cannot understand what about it made the Headmaster (who joined them for the evening) so uncomfortable.

In 2011, and 2020.

2011.jpg
    800 x 1277 - 286K
    2020.jpg
    799 x 1295 - 135K
    Post edited by JOdel on

And we come to Halloween, and the Halloween Troll surprise. As in canon, Professor Quirrell bursts into the Great Hall with reports of a Troll in the dungeon, and faints.

As in canon, Albus attempts to send all the students to their dorms -- completely overlooking the fact that the Slytherin and Hufflepuff common rooms entrances are *in the dungeons*. 

This time he gets called on it, contermands that order and tells the students to stay in the Great Hall. He and some of the staff will go and deal with the Troll.

Harry, seeing that Quirrel has disappeared, is sure that he has gone to steal the Philosopher's Stone. He heads off to the clubroom to watch the peephole. Draco catches up with him and they both go.

They get to the clubroom, and there is no sign of Muffy. When called, Muffy tells Harry that the Elves have their own ways of tracking where the Professors are. Then she pops away before either of them think to ask her where Quirrell is.

So they hang around for a while, taking turns at the peephole until they get bored, then head back to the Great Hall. 

And, of course immediately run into the Troll.

Meanwhile, Hermione has noticed their absence and told Professor Burbage. Charity heads of to collect them and encounters them trying to fight off the monster. She joins in (although, really, she isn't much better at defense than they are). Which is where the situation has got to when Snape, who had gone up to check on the entrance of the labyrinth, finds them and deals with the Troll, quite permanently.

In 2011, and 2020.

2011.jpg
    798 x 1271 - 319K
    2020.jpg
    799 x 1295 - 267K
    edited December 2020
    Greetings Earthling! I come in peace!

Greetings Earthling!.png
    1600 x 900 - 2M
    Post edited by Sven Dullah on

And then there was the memorable DADA class when Quirrell was NOT stuttering. Instead he terrorized the whole class with information about muggle serial killers and questions of how they would react if they were ever cornered by one.

And then he dragged Harry up to the front of the room to demonstrade stuck a knive in his hand and started encouraging the other students to hex him.

It was an accident waiting to happen, and didn't take long. Fortunately the injury was minor and Susan Bones dragged Harry off to the Hospital wing to deal with it, and got him out of the situation.

In 2011, and 2020.

2011.jpg
    798 x 1267 - 205K
    2020.jpg
    799 x 1295 - 256K
  • VyusurVyusur Posts: 2,235

Very nice volumetric and the image in the whole!

Vyusur said:

Very nice volumetric and the image in the whole!

Thank you:)

edited December 2020
    And now Chrome won't allow me to attach a file, either. The program will be interupted until I can find another work-around. The even older copy of Firefox won't allow attachments either. The last I checked, I was able to upload attachments over on Hivewire and have been posting them there so if anyone is interested, they're in the 'I just wanted to post an image' thread. I don't know whether any of the browsers will allow me to upload over there either as of today, but those postings are at least a couple of illos ahead of these.
    Post edited by JOdel on
    And now Chrome won't allow me to attach a file, either. The program will be interupted until I can find another work-around. The even older copy of Firefox won't allow attachments either. The last I checked, I was able to upload attachments over on Hivewire and have been posting them there so if anyone is interested, they're in the 'I just wanted to post an image' thread. I don't know whether any of the browsers will allow me to upload over there either as of today, but those postings are at least a couple of illos ahead of these.

Yeah things really are totally messed up, the store the forums the universe and everything else, eventually things will settle???

This discussion has been closed.