Show us your 3Delight renders

Comments

• Sven DullahSven Dullah Posts: 7,621
    edited October 2020

...also picked up the advanced wood shaders, obviously not working with awe, but the textures included are quite nice. And with the standard 3DL they look very niceyes. (awe render)

Post edited by Sven Dullah on
  • JOdelJOdel Posts: 6,280

I'm having an appalling time trying to convert that Dancar set to G8. The Convertor either refuses to handle it, or it converts, but the next time I try to use the conversions they come in as grey boxes. I've managed a few other M4 sets but that one seems to be particularly balky. 

Annoying since there are a number of texture add-ons that I've found very useful.

At the end of the Sorting Feast the new Hufflepuff Firsties follow the Prefects to the entry Portrait where they meet the gatekeepers. (It should be noted that this fic was written well before Herself decided that tapping a code on barrels should be the Hufflepuff entry trick.)

Professor Sprout, like any proper hands-on Head of House's first order of business is to welcome her new students, and to welcome back her returning students.

In 2011, and 2020:

2011.jpg
    798 x 1276 - 201K
    2020.jpg
    799 x 1295 - 235K
  • fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,578
    JOdel said:

I'm having an appalling time trying to convert that Dancar set to G8. The Convertor either refuses to handle it, or it converts, but the next time I try to use the conversions they come in as grey boxes. I've managed a few other M4 sets but that one seems to be particularly balky. 

Annoying since there are a number of texture add-ons that I've found very useful.

I had no problem converting it to Genesis 1, using SRMB for the boots, default autofit for the rest.

edited October 2020

Morning in AlKair

AlKair Morning pp awe.png
    1600 x 900 - 2M
    JOdel said:

I had no problem converting it to Genesis 1, using SRMB for the boots, default autofit for the rest.

I had no problem using it on G1 either. Getting it up to G8 is another story.

For some unknown reason one of the other First years, one Zack Smith seems to have taken Harry in dislike at first sight. Zack was sorted into Gryffindor, and struck up a friendship with one Ron Weasley.  Harry was perfectly content to leave things at that.

However, they shared a few classes with the Gryffindors, among them Astronomy. Some subtle tageting of Harry for some mild bullying on Zach's part quickly revealed that when you take on a Hufflepuff, you take on the whole House.

This scene is new. It wasn't depicted in the 2011 version.

2020.jpg
    799 x 1295 - 159K

Harry notices that many of the Muggle-raised new students are struggling with the Hogwarts experience. Professor Snape had given him a book about the wizarding world when they first visited Diagon Alley, and he had found it really helpful. 

Professor Snape has also made it a practice to have Harry join him for tea on Saturdays to ask him how he is doing. Harry mentions that there really ought to be a club for Muggleborns to help them adapt to a different culture.

Snape calls Professor Burbage, the author of Harry's helpful book, and the Muggle Studies instructor, to join them. Harry explains his idea for a club with her. She is very enthusiastic. 

In 2011, and in 2020.

2011.jpg
    797 x 1273 - 257K
    2020.jpg
    799 x 1295 - 291K
  • GoneGone Posts: 833

Have a safe and happy Halloween everyone.

AWEPumkinHead.jpg
    600 x 900 - 49K
    Gone said:

Have a safe and happy Halloween everyone.

You too! Good to see you around & nice render!

• carrie58carrie58 Posts: 3,975
    edited November 2020

I only use 3DL so I figure it's okay to put this here I actually staerted it in October of 2013 ,and just kept poking at it ........

HAPPY HALLOWEEN4.png
    2000 x 2000 - 5M
    Post edited by carrie58 on
    carrie58 said:

I only use 3DL so I figure it's okay to put this here I actually staerted it in October of 2013 ,and just kept poking at it ........

Ah well, seven years means nothing in the DS universelaugh. Love the expression of the dog:)

...latest...

Great lighting. (That Evilson set is one of my all time favorites)

JOdel said:

Great lighting. (That Evilson set is one of my all time favorites)

Thank you:) Yup nice set, too bad it only have diffuse maps, had to gimp together a couple of bumpmaps;)

Meanwhile the First years are being introduced to their classes. Including Broom Safety, which is mandatory for First years.

The Hufflepuffs share that class with the Gryffindors as well, but the students are too taken up with flying for there to be further incidents as in Astronomy class. Neville does end up in the Hospital Wing, but there are no other casualties. Although some students find the class a little more exciting than they had bargained for.

In 2011, and 2020.

2011.jpg
    798 x 1264 - 473K
    2020.jpg
    799 x 1295 - 223K
    edited November 2020

...an apple a day...

An Apple a Day awe.png
    1920 x 1080 - 4M

Definitely a doctor I'd want to keep awway from me.

I'm getting a vibe that Dorpodons are misunderstoodsurprise

Oh deeply. I'm sure that Xerr and Zubarra are as well...

JOdel said:

Oh deeply. I'm sure that Xerr and Zubarra are as well...

laugh...oh wait Zubarra, missed that one, now wishlisted, tksyes

And don't forget Bolladon.  Jumperia was another of the monsters in that group. I think they might have been offered as a bundle at one time. But I'm by no means certain of that.

edited November 2020

Albus was fairly lukewarm to the idea of a club for Muggle-raised students, but Charity's enthusiasm (and the information that the club had been Harry Potter's idea) ultimately carried the day. 

Therefore, on the next Sunday of term Harry and his fellow Hufflepuff First years arrived at the "little ballroom" which had been designated as their meeting place. It was a very beautifult room and the Firsties were impressed. Sally Ann Perks, Harry's fellow Muggle-raised halfblood' s enthusiasm was expressed in an impromptu dance.

In 2011 and 2020.

2011.jpg
    799 x 1273 - 337K
    2020.jpg
    799 x 1295 - 319K
    Post edited by JOdel on

The first meeting of the now named Wizarding World Explorers club went overtime, and Harry and his fellow officers got caught up in plans. So it was close to dinner time when they left the clubroom.

Only to be met by Peeves and a rain of dungbombs.

They fled and Peeves pursued, up the stairs and into an empty classroom.

Which turned ut not to be empty at all.

In 2011, and 2020.

2011.jpg
    798 x 1264 - 90K
    2020.jpg
    799 x 1295 - 181K
  • mmalbert said:

Forgot about this. While I now have a computer that can finally handle iray renders (and dForce yay!) I still render lots of 3DL scenes. A fewer newer ones, mostly Halloween-ish related.

Nice ones! I like this one in particular;)

mmalbert said:

And some toonier ones!

:)

Cute:))

Those are the two that grabbed my attention, as well!!!  I haven't been getting notifications, either, so I have some catch-up to do :-)

• MisselthwaiteMisselthwaite Posts: 959
    edited November 2020

Since the gallery has been down, I am behind in sharing, too, so I thought I'd just put some here (I don't mean to spam, honest!).  :-)  I've been entering the PrettyMystical contest over at Rendo/Facebook, so I've been more productive than usual (and the weather right now is frightful, so I have lots of excuse to not be doing useful things!)

Post edited by Misselthwaite on

Nice. Some clever kitbashing with that Mermaid, too.

• JOdel said:

I don't know how I managed before Meshgrabber - it seems like such a fundamental toolbox option, I barely remember deformers! ;-)

edited November 2020

Later that week Harry was invited to tea at Hagrid's. Hermione, wondered aloud whether Hagrid might know something about 3-headed dogs.

So Harry and his fellow Explorers club officers *all* went off to tea at Hagrid's. 

In 2011, and again in 2020.

2011.jpg
    800 x 1277 - 388K
    2020.jpg
    799 x 1295 - 246K
    Post edited by JOdel on
    JOdel said:

I don't know how I managed before Meshgrabber - it seems like such a fundamental toolbox option, I barely remember deformers! ;-)

Ah I'd need that one but not sure if it works with DS4.9...yeah I use dFormers all the time but they have their limitations:) Still, I think they are underrated...

JOdel said:

Later that week Harry was inf=vited to tea at Hagrid's. Hermione, wondered aloud whether Hagrid might know something about 3-headed dogs.

So Harry and his fellow Explorers club officers *all* went off to tea at Hagrid's. 

In 2011, and again in 2020.

The new one is much cooleryes But where are the three-headed dogs?devil

Hint: Not here anyway:

This discussion has been closed.