Show us your 3Delight renders

Comments

• dracorndracorn Posts: 2,333
    kyoto kid said:

..I actually like the slight "bloom" effect of the lighting in the top one.

Yeah, the filters did reduce that somewhat. 

• LinwellyLinwelly Posts: 5,914

here is my latest 3delight render with linear workflow for gamma correction, there is postwork as well though

• Oso3DOso3D Posts: 14,957

I always struggle with organics in 3DL, but trying to make sure I include something for it with thing I'm working on.

Scalehorse 3DL.png
    1080 x 1080 - 2M
  • kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,930
    Linwelly said:

here is my latest 3delight render with linear workflow for gamma correction, there is postwork as well though

...holee carp that looks really good.

kyoto kid said:
    Linwelly said:

that must be from Celtic mythology, that holee carp LOL, thank you so much!

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    Linwelly said:
    kyoto kid said:
    Linwelly said:

maybe  

Chohole said:
    Linwelly said:
    kyoto kid said:
    Linwelly said:

maybe  

I see, this is great yes

• SaphirewildSaphirewild Posts: 6,667

Here is a Creature I created from M4 Creature Creator done in 3Delight'

edited April 2017

...well one of the 3DL scenes I was working on suddenly doesn't want to load for some reason.  I just keep getting an error message that tells me to check the programme log.  The log file shows the following statement at the point when I attempted to load the scene:

(ver 4.9.3.166)

2017-04-24 11:08:27.689     Json Parser (639059,37): Syntax Error - expected ',' or ']'
    2017-04-24 11:08:27.689 Error reading file, see log for more details.
    2017-04-24 11:09:13.299 *** Scene Cleared ***
    2017-04-24 11:09:14.079     Json Parser (639059,37): Syntax Error - expected ',' or ']'
    2017-04-24 11:09:14.094 Error reading file, see log for more details.

Post edited by kyoto kid on
  • kyoto kid said:

...well one of the 3DL scenes I was working on suddenly doesn't want to load for some reason.  I just keep getting an error message that tells me to check the programme log.  The log file shows the following statement at the point when I attempted to load the scene:

(ver 4.9.3.166)

2017-04-24 11:08:27.689     Json Parser (639059,37): Syntax Error - expected ',' or ']'
    2017-04-24 11:09:14.079     Json Parser (639059,37): Syntax Error - expected ',' or ']'

I'm sorry, but the file is almost certainly corrupt - my guess, on a few others I've seen, is a dropped or erroneously written byte is preventing the file from decompressing beyyond a certain point (so it gets to the end without finding the closing bracket or another entry in the current object). Please open a support ticket attaching the bad file, this is an apaprently rare but not unique situation. You might try tools that claim to eb able to repair damage files, or you could roll back to an earlier save or a back-up if possible.

If you use something like Dropbox, you might be able to roll back to an earlier version of the file?

kyoto kid said:

(ver 4.9.3.166)

I'm sorry, but the file is almost certainly corrupt - my guess, on a few others I've seen, is a dropped or erroneously written byte is preventing the file from decompressing beyyond a certain point (so it gets to the end without finding the closing bracket or another entry in the current object). Please open a support ticket attaching the bad file, this is an apaprently rare but not unique situation. You might try tools that claim to eb able to repair damage files, or you could roll back to an earlier save or a back-up if possible.

...don't have any previous saves to fall back on.  Yeah will enter the ticket later as not up on all the recovery tools and can't afford to purchase any.  Don't want to roll the system back or I'd lose several other projects I'm currently working on.

• kyoto kid said:
    kyoto kid said:

(ver 4.9.3.166)

...don't have any previous saves to fall back on.  Yeah will enter the ticket later as not up on all the recovery tools and can't afford to purchase any.  Don't want to roll the system back or I'd lose several other projects I'm currently working on.

A good back-up system should allow you to restore just the one file.

...all I see on the W7 control panel is the full system restore which would reset everything. 

• algovincianalgovincian Posts: 2,591

In Windows 7, right click on a file and choose "Properties". Uder the "Previous Versions" tab, you can select/restore, or at least learn more about how to setup and use the feature.

Hope this helps (if not now, then at least in the future).

- Greg

• Mustakettu85Mustakettu85 Posts: 2,933

I always struggle with organics in 3DL, but trying to make sure I include something for it with thing I'm working on.

That's one weird animal species. And not only because of the scales =)

What is the base model you're using?

Daz Horse 2, with breed tweaks and a bit of llama to help make it look different.

Oh wow, cool =) I have the horse (and the llamas wishlisted) but had no idea it could be taken that far =)

• KnittingmommyKnittingmommy Posts: 8,191
    dracorn said:

Here's my SciFi using the 3DL version of Dominator and Digivault Stardome.  I prepped a NASA pic of NGC 5189 and loaded into the stardome.  I added a whole lotta point lights to mimic emissive lighting on the ship, and a little extra glow in postwork. 

Here's the first version:

Here's a version after applying some Nix filters:

Wow! Those are amazing!  I remember seeing this in the gallery and thought it was stunning.  Very nicely done.  :)

Linwelly said:

I really hate snakes!  This one startled me with how good the snake looks.  The whole image is great.

thanks a lot Knitting! I've always wondered what makes people afraid of snakes ( more that of other preying animals), they are even nice to touch, and the feel I got when toughting a snake was what I wanted to make visible ( I think I did)

...spiders bug me way more than snakes.

kyoto kid said:

...spiders bug me way more than snakes.

english is funny...laugh

• Just did this one yesterday.

Kia.jpg
    700 x 700 - 198K
  • Very early noob render while I try to learn how to use daz3d for my book art.

dragondungion.png
    800 x 450 - 656K
  • SaphirewildSaphirewild Posts: 6,667

Here is one I did for the Render of the month thread.

Titled: Bring It Into Focus For Me!

• Worlds_EdgeWorlds_Edge Posts: 2,147

That looks great and non-noob to me @ajb2k3_b3c1506f1c.  I like it very much!

• DireBunnyDireBunny Posts: 556
    edited May 2017

This was just a quick one just because i was bored and in between projects. Ok but the thing that got me was if you look down in the left corner it looks like light beams or something, and i'm like ? the hell did that happen. took a look at what i had in the scene and found i forgot to delete a fire prop complete with somke that wouldn't have been seen, and it was the smoke right in front of the camera giving it that look.

Savage-Heaven.jpg
    1500 x 2500 - 949K
    Post edited by DireBunny on
    DireBunny said:

This was just a quick one just because i was bored and in between projects. Ok but the thing that got me was if you look down in the left corner it looks like light beams or something, and i'm like ? the hell did that happen. took a look at what i had in the scene and found i forgot to delete a fire prop complete with somke that wouldn't have been seen, and it was the smoke right in front of the camera giving it that look.

Magical coincidences =)

To be honest, I'm not too keen on the subject matter you have here, but despite that I really like the image, the colours work so well and the composition is intriguing.

• DireBunnyDireBunny Posts: 556
    DireBunny said:

Magical coincidences =)

To be honest, I'm not too keen on the subject matter you have here, but despite that I really like the image, the colours work so well and the composition is intriguing.

I had to check if i was using the aoa volume lights at first because i have had that effect happen with them like in the attached pic here (and it's possible for me to forget which camera because i have at least 5-7 per pic as i decide what to use one or two being an aoa camera) but i just felt kinda stupid when i found out what it really was lol.

and thanks :) 

don't-go-into-the-light.jpg
    1414 x 2000 - 683K
    DireBunny said:
    I had to check if i was using the aoa volume lights at first because i have had that effect happen with them like in the attached pic here

Great volumetric effects in this one! Are there many lights or do the rays come from one light through geometry?

This discussion has been closed.