Renders Made Using Carrara PA products.

Comments

• StezzaStezza Posts: 8,008

yes

you got it... lol..

• HeadwaxHeadwax Posts: 9,969

ha ha yes I am morphing napoloen and that was more entertaining - nice render by the way

• DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,135
    edited February 2019

I felt that the Admiral's cabin would not be complete without a cup of coffee.  If @TangoAlpha agrees, I will share a Carrara file with the coffee mug with his fleet's logo.

Fleet Admiral Office Coffee.jpg
    1600 x 1600 - 159K
    Coffee Mug Admiral Test Render.jpg
    800 x 800 - 22K
    Post edited by Diomede on
  • PhilWPhilW Posts: 5,145

Haha - nice addition!

• TangoAlphaTangoAlpha Posts: 4,584

Heh, I like that! yes

edited February 2019

Is that in Carrara? Not a bad conversion if so. The walls could use some edge creases (DS does that via the shader, which doesn't carry over to CA), & the chrome on the spaceship toy and bookshelves didn't work. You could easily substitute one of the default metal shaders for that. Not sure what that edge outline on top of the desk is, either?

(there is actually a painted texture for the ship in the textures folder - I used it for one of the paintings on the wall)

Post edited by TangoAlpha on
    edited February 2019

Heh, I like that! yes

I'll take that as permission until told otherwise.  laugh

I have attached a zip file with the coffee mug in Carrara format.  It does not load at Carrara coordinates 0,0,0.  It loads on the reception area desk if you have Tim's new Admiral's cabin set.  Great job, Tim.  I lke how these sets can be used separately, or combined for a cohesive scifi universe.  

Of course, I have been building my own fleet, with their own logos.  When they confront Fleet Ops, a certain admiral is going to need all the coffee he can get!

EDIT:  The coffee is parented to the cup.  You can delete the coffee and fill the cup with Fluidos for more realism.

zip
    zip
    Cup Coffee Admiral UVMap.zip
  • DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,331

Thanks! Now I need a ceramic 3D printer!

I look forward to buying that whole Fleet Ops collection! I just love it!

edited February 2019

Is that in Carrara? Not a bad conversion if so. The walls could use some edge creases (DS does that via the shader, which doesn't carry over to CA), & the chrome on the spaceship toy and bookshelves didn't work. You could easily substitute one of the default metal shaders for that. Not sure what that edge outline on top of the desk is, either?

(there is actually a painted texture for the ship in the textures folder - I used it for one of the paintings on the wall)

Just showing the coffee cup on the desk while working late.

In fairness to TangoAlpha - some explanation of the above render.

Yes, that is a straight Carrara render.  I did not attempt to optimize the shaders at all, which are opimized for Daz Studio.  For a better Carrara render I should have made adjustments.  For example, the desk lamp could have metalic Carrara shaders.  The seat cushion bump settings could be adjusted.  Etc., etc., etc.  Instead, I just turned off all the lights, placed a string of Carrara point light bulbs under the desk lamp shade (low level and soft shadows enabled) and rendered.  Just wanted it to look like the admiral was working late, relying on his coffee to stay awake.

Would love to see some folks post better optimized Carrara renders of the same set.  Better hurry because the bad guys with this logo are approaching.

Haha, that logo is actually taken from one of Varsel's projects for a monthly challenge.  Just joking around.  wink

Varsel Logo 1.jpg
    640 x 640 - 19K
  • MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675

Old post I just found

A few different treatments of PhilW's excellent City Central Night scene.

Rendered out firstly as a Toon1Part111 render, then rendered out several different passes and combined with postwork in post.

It renders very fast as you don't need anti aliasing on :)

Much use of the index pass to help isolate the different scene objects.

wowww this went to the top of my pwersonal most awesome renders list  omjee the ambience heart

Me too! I love that whole selection of renders! Bravo Head Wax!

Your UberFan - Dartanbeck

edited February 2019

used Phil's Oceans for this one

Flinders Bungaree and Trim.png
    900 x 675 - 1M
    Post edited by Stezza on
  • Stezza, you the man.  That is one terrific render.  Plus, I just got a fascinating history lesson.  Many thanks!

• HeadwaxHeadwax Posts: 9,969

I felt that the Admiral's cabin would not be complete without a cup of coffee.  If @TangoAlpha agrees, I will share a Carrara file with the coffee mug with his fleet's logo.

great stuff, nice to see a few tailor mades :)

Mystarra said:

Old post I just found

A few different treatments of PhilW's excellent City Central Night scene.

Rendered out firstly as a Toon1Part111 render, then rendered out several different passes and combined with postwork in post.

It renders very fast as you don't need anti aliasing on :)

Much use of the index pass to help isolate the different scene objects.

wowww this went to the top of my pwersonal most awesome renders list  omjee the ambience heart

thank you Mystarra - it was a lot of fun doing that - it's a great set by PhilW

Me too! I love that whole selection of renders! Bravo Head Wax!

Your UberFan - Dartanbeck

ha ha thanks Dart - you have style and taste :)

I feel good 

used Phil's Oceans for this one

a man of many talents Stezza - no history book is safe I take it ? ;) Love the concept and delivery

Stezza, you the man.  That is one terrific render.  Plus, I just got a fascinating history lesson.  Many thanks!

glad you managed to check out the history.. thanks .. smiley cool

I reckon @Headwax_Carrara that this would make a great TV series.... yes

Thanks for the kind comment, Headwax. I loved doing those city sets, and Carrara made it easy to deliver a lot of complexity.

• magaremotomagaremoto Posts: 1,227
    edited February 2019

a bit OT but this product let add some nice city buildings for few bucks; worth the price

store.steampowered.com/bundle/8288/S2ENGINE_HD__Buildings_Maker_Edition/

Mod edit :- to remove Unsolicited off site Commercial Link

Post edited by Chohole on
    PhilW said:

Thanks for the kind comment, Headwax. I loved doing those city sets, and Carrara made it easy to deliver a lot of complexity.

Modeling, Shading and arranging in Carrara fun? No... say it can't be true! LOL

PhilW, my Friend... I Love You, Man!!! ...and that goes for this whole Carrara Discussion Forum Family too! PhilW has taught me SO much over the years - through video courses, through fun, easy-to-render products, and through good ol' Carrara discussion... Thanks!

When I say that goes for the rest of our family... yeah... I learn a LOT from all of you too, from newbies to the pros, and everywhere in between... with Carrara, the simplest question or comment can spark a whole new realm of ways to use Carrara. I love it... and I Love you All!

Oh crap... are my pain meds kicking in too strongly? blush

Oh well. Wouldn't be the first over-share from me! LOL

edited February 2019

No longer available, this is Dartanbeck's Carrara EnvironKit - Woodlands, using the replicated animated Ocean with the full atmosphere system in use, including clouds and fog, with Jack Tomalin's "Rapture" model.

Trying to make a new one (right now) crashes my broken machine :(

I can load and tweak, but rendering overloads the darned thing. Motherboard is shot.

Post edited by Dartanbeck on

@ Headwax - That is an excellent cover of James Brown's hit! Those kids have some real spirit, eh?!!!

Dart - we've missed you man!

I missed you too!

Been playing my drums a LOT in the interim!

Good to hear - at least you are being productive.

edited February 2019

Just singin' Away! LOL

SinginAway.jpg
    3006 x 5344 - 2M
    Post edited by Dartanbeck on
  • Philemo_CarraraPhilemo_Carrara Posts: 1,175
    edited February 2019

a bit OT but this product let add some nice city buildings for few bucks; worth the price

store.steampowered.com/bundle/8288/S2ENGINE_HD__Buildings_Maker_Edition/

Mod edit :- to remove Unsolicited off site Commercial Link

Sounds interesting. Do you know how it's UVed, what are the material provided?

Post edited by Chohole on

https://store.steampowered.com/bundle/8288/S2ENGINE_HD__Buildings_Maker_Edition/

Sounds interesting. Do you know how it's UVed, what are the material provided?

Wow. That does look cool!

• magaremotomagaremoto Posts: 1,227
    edited February 2019

well, you get all the maps needed and imported correctly in carrara (diffuse and normal only, for all the others you have to load them manually) at a 2K res, but the result is more than acceptable

2019-02-08_102457.jpg
    948 x 1015 - 195K
    2019-02-08_110109.jpg
    1920 x 1050 - 280K
    Post edited by magaremoto on
  • SileneUKSileneUK Posts: 1,971

I missed you too!

If one of you get to either the UK or the US, you should have a jam session. Drums, keyboards and vocals (Phil's keyboard sounds like an amazing blues guitar!)  angel Silene

I missed you too!

If one of you get to either the UK or the US, you should have a jam session. Drums, keyboards and vocals (Phil's keyboard sounds like an amazing blues guitar!)  angel Silene

I'd love that - and I'm sure Dart would too!

I'd love to watch . . .