Renders Made Using Carrara PA products.

Comments

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675

is pretty set.

mebbe can decorate cottage for halloween 

• DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,331
    edited September 2016
    diomede said:

Excellent work, Misty.  I have that Yule Cottage product.  You are inspiring me to revisit it.

...and me into buying it! 

Edited to add link/image to the product

Link to 'Enchanted Realms' Yule Cottage, by Howie Farkes

Post edited by Dartanbeck on
  • HeadwaxHeadwax Posts: 9,969

and I should revisit this one http://www.daz3d.com/carrara-fantasy-village

• StezzaStezza Posts: 8,008
    head wax said:

wow that's straight out of a kid's book!

does the moon come with Dart's product? (I have it, just no time at the moment to check)

and those bandages - superb!

OT I have been living in inner city Newie for two months - I have never seen so many pigeons in my life - are you missing some? :)

Thankyou, the moon is setup in the Atmosphere - Realistic sky with Darts starry sky added.

The bandages are a freebie for V4 from ShareCG

as for the pigeons, I think they are locals lol

forgot to mention that I really like the Mummy himself in the mummy scene. Is that a special setup you made yourself, or a mummy product? Really looks nice... I like it!

Thanks Dart, the mummy is Genesis with the free bandages as mentioned above and using the free NoFace prop for V4 from ShareCG
    the Slim Man for Genesis morph was also partially used.

I liked the new product that Rawart released for slim man for G3 but as we can't use it in Carrara I improvised yes cool

• HeadwaxHeadwax Posts: 9,969

thanks Stezza....!

just realised I have this and have never used it :( http://www.daz3d.com/the-bedroom-for-carrara

edited September 2016
    Stezza said:

forgot to mention that I really like the Mummy himself in the mummy scene. Is that a special setup you made yourself, or a mummy product? Really looks nice... I like it!

Thanks Dart, the mummy is Genesis with the free bandages as mentioned above and using the free NoFace prop for V4 from ShareCG
    the Slim Man for Genesis morph was also partially used.

I liked the new product that Rawart released for slim man for G3 but as we can't use it in Carrara I improvised yes cool

Yeah... I'm still shy for G3 stuff. I still have plenty of fun with this enormous store full-o-fun!

But yeah! I love what RawArt products do to Genesis 1! ;) Male or Female this or that anything! Add in the Undead Fiend, behemoth, gorilla, troll... V5, M5, all other 5s! LOL I can make an army of very individual beings! ;) Love that!

And thanks for all of the details! Sweet to Share!!!

I thought I recognized that RA Slim Man shape in there! Whoa... Sixus One just joined up with Daz 3d too... Yes!!!

Um... Spooky? We need some Genesis 3 support down here! Please???!!! :D

Post edited by Dartanbeck on
    Stezza said:
    Sixus One just joined up with Daz 3d too... Yes!!!

It looks like his products won't  work in Carrara either.... Wendy bought and it don't even load up!

• magaremotomagaremoto Posts: 1,227

my personal rendition of stoney creek with a little help of Nik collection filters

Doc6.jpg
    7000 x 2753 - 6M

.. and this is the original shot of the amazing HF's scene

a 7K resolution for a render time of 17 mins with 20 cores in a LAN

Doc6.jpg
    7000 x 2753 - 5M
    Stezza said:
    Stezza said:

It looks like his products won't  work in Carrara either.... Wendy bought and it don't even load up!

I was referring to his Genesis 1 stuff... Love it!

(I think you were referring to RawArt, right?)

edited September 2016

Remo, these are stunningly Gorgeous!

Post edited by Chohole on
    Stezza said:
    Stezza said:

sixus1 - that latest and only release doesn't work in Carrara, according to Wendy it won't load and throws out tthe usual missing file error message. It seems anything now rigged in DS is not compatible with Carrara wether it's a standalone figure or a simple bus. no

thanks DB, I'm going to get a very short clip with this scene just to show wether we can achieve animations without flickering or noise within carrara, in presence of foliage and reflections. I have only to fix a cinematographic look

• Yes I think its D|S rigging that is the issue, I did get the Blind Demon in via iClone 3Dxchange after FBX exporting it.

I made a hair in Zbrush with 4 morphs and a saved duf asset of that the morphs did not work in C8.5 either.

The sliders showed in parameters but did nothing.

https://app.box.com/s/zyogxv0fdfgup84xwytl

it works in D|S

edited September 2016

can import the hair morphs into carrara the old school way?

the carrara6 skin shaders are in the sale today. smiley in cart 2.93

Post edited by Mistara on
  • wgdjohnwgdjohn Posts: 2,634

Misty,  Grab them!  Thanks for mentioning them. I'd bought them back in April. Unfortunatly they were *not* in my Shaders folder... so I just added them and they seem to work ok... but then I'm no skin shading expert.

Stezza said:
    Stezza said:
    Stezza said:

sixus1 - that latest and only release doesn't work in Carrara, according to Wendy it won't load and throws out tthe usual missing file error message. It seems anything now rigged in DS is not compatible with Carrara wether it's a standalone figure or a simple bus. no

+1 no

thanks DB, I'm going to get a very short clip with this scene just to show wether we can achieve animations without flickering or noise within carrara, in presence of foliage and reflections. I have only to fix a cinematographic look

I've found that: For anti-flicker on high detail as such in animations:

Set Object Accuracy to: 0.5

ToeJam said:

Yes I think its D|S rigging that is the issue, I did get the Blind Demon in via iClone 3Dxchange after FBX exporting it.

I made a hair in Zbrush with 4 morphs and a saved duf asset of that the morphs did not work in C8.5 either.

The sliders showed in parameters but did nothing.

https://app.box.com/s/zyogxv0fdfgup84xwytl

it works in D|S

Yeah, why is that, I wonder?

• my personal rendition of stoney creek with a little help of Nik collection filters

Carrara 8.5 on sale today at 70% off.  Sold !   

Thanks to you I see what this software is capable of with diligence and study.

• chickenmanchickenman Posts: 1,202

my personal rendition of stoney creek with a little help of Nik collection filters

Welcome to the Carrara Family Be sure to check out the other threads going on and feel free to ask any questions you have as we will answer as best we can.

Fenric store in sale today. 

smiley

and Dart in sale too

edited September 2016

I just checked... Carrara 8.5 Pro is 91% off today. I'd send a message to Help/Sales and tell them you want a refund on the difference. Be sure that you make it plain that you Do Not Wish to Return Carrara.

Oh.. and welcome.. you are in for some real fun now. Check out these thread... they are only a few places to get more information and help.

Modeling in Carrara is funnnnn!

Post edited by wgdjohn on

I never do that. It just feels like dirty pool to me. Sometimes we just have to let artists get their well-deserved profit, especially if we felt we got a good deal already - just sayin'

• chickenmanchickenman Posts: 1,202
    wgdjohn said:

I just checked... it 91% off today. I'd send a message to Help/Sales and tell them you want a refund on the difference. Be sure that you make it plain that you Do Not Wish to Return Carrara.

Oh.. and welcome.. you are in for some real fun now. Check out these thread... they are only a few places to get more information and help.

Modeling in Carrara is funnnnn!

That is with the PC plus pricing so if not PC Then it would be 70%.

• I have only ever returned one thing too and only because it was incompatible with Gimp, a 2D resource.

I used the store credit to buy another product by the PA that was.

However a big price difference in a very short space of time with the desire to buy more could justify it which is why I'd accept store credit not a credit card reimbursment. 

Yes... Store Credit which I always use for something else.

ultimate retail happiness is a new dinosaur 

thanks DB, I'm going to try what you suggest, at 5k resolution and 1 px accuracy I observe a little flicker on water yet

@ nelsonsmith: thank you very kind of you, quite funny to play with carrara

thanks DB, I'm going to try what you suggest, at 5k resolution and 1 px accuracy I observe a little flicker on water yet

@ nelsonsmith: thank you very kind of you, quite funny to play with carrara

5k, Yikes! Glad I have less demand on me! ;)