Renders Made Using Carrara PA products.

HeadwaxHeadwax Posts: 9,969
edited September 2016 in Carrara Discussion

Hi, Carrara has a few wonderful and talented PA's making products specifically for Carrara.

I'm happy to say I have most of the products.

But I'm not proud to say that I haven't used them to full advantage.

I know we have a render thread already, but I  thought if we shared our renders here using those products specifically,

it would help us realise what wonderful tools we have especially made for Carrara . And help us to take full advantage of them.

Here's something I did a while ago from Dart's Environkit (which I won in a contest - thank you Dart)

I basically dropped the building into the kit and rendered

Dart's kit here http://www.daz3d.com/carrara-environkit-woodlands

here's a few Carrara Pa's http://www.daz3d.com/catalogsearch/result/?q=carrara

Post edited by Headwax on

Comments

• StezzaStezza Posts: 8,008

I always seem to be using one of datenbeck's items in my renders.. I did one just yesterday.

Also used Alessandro's Koala and tried to make him into a wombat yes

• HeadwaxHeadwax Posts: 9,969

that's classic Stezza,

great tree - is that one of Dart's?

the wombat - you done good!

the tree is also Alessandro's from the outback set ;-)

thanks... makes it easy by just dropping stuff into a scene thenplaying with different settings

thanks, those roots will come in handy!

actually I think I found a wombat in my content runtime today - maybe it came with poser... if I rememember I will check later

I was looking for a whale to turn into a kite .....

edited September 2016

you know what they say about wombats!

eats roots and leaves.

Here's one using TA's product.. FJ from Renderosity & modified in Carrara.

Holden.jpg
    640 x 480 - 356K
    Post edited by Stezza on
  • DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,331
    edited September 2016

Wow! Thanks guys! Nice renders!

This one is using mmoir's "Carrara's BMF Landscapes" kit

This one is using the low-res background city, from the same kit, duplicated many times

mmoir's products store

Post edited by Dartanbeck on
    edited September 2016

thanks @Stezza, great render, FJ looks transformed :) I can understand the eating roots, but why does it leave :) ?)

which one of Tango Alpha's works was it?

@Dart, really like that second one - so glad you pointed out this city previously - looks pretty detailed for low res

edited September 2016
    head wax said:

Hemlock Folly

Here is a PhilW's night & day city render I did last year.

City.jpg
    1000 x 600 - 512K
    Post edited by Stezza on
    head wax said:

@Dart, really like that second one - so glad you pointed out this city previously - looks pretty detailed for low res

Thanks! Yeah... mmoir is a real genius. We're lucky to have such excellent PAs for Carrara!

Stezza, that city render looks so cool with the flood!!! Awesome!

Yeah, I love that Night & Day City kit! Comes with some really cool object presets too!

Stezza said:
    head wax said:

Hemlock Folly

Stezza, thanks for the data, that's a fantastic render!

• DUDUDUDU Posts: 1,945
    Stezza said:

I was to receive this price for the sponsored challenge by Phil two months ago, but DAZ3D does not want to give it to me… crying

Excellent render Stezza, how are you doing the splaches and smokes?

good question :)

• MarkIsSleepyMarkIsSleepy Posts: 1,496
    edited September 2016

This is a great thread idea. I use bits and pieces of products from mmoir and Howie Farkes all the time, I use the shaders from Dartanbeck's sets in the background a lot and frequently use PhilW's seas or at least the shaders almost any time I need water. :)

Here's one with with PhilW's seas:

Here's two using Dartanbeck's Badlands:

And this one is my all-time most liked image here (it would have made the top line except the likes were split between my gallery and the PC gallery), using HowieFarkes Maple Meadows:

Post edited by MarkIsSleepy on

Fantastic!!!

• PhilWPhilW Posts: 5,144
    edited September 2016
    Stezza said:
    head wax said:

Hemlock Folly

I'd not seen that one before, looks terrific!  How did you do the water?

Post edited by PhilW on
    edited September 2016
    MDO2010 said:

This is a great thread idea. I use bits and pieces of products from mmoir and Howie Farkes all the time, I use the shaders from Dartanbeck's sets in the background a lot and frequently use PhilW's seas or at least the shaders almost any time I need water. :)

And this one is my all-time most liked image here (it would have made the top line except the likes were split between my gallery and the PC gallery), using HowieFarkes Maple Meadows:

these are great renders, that sea one especially, that fin will give me nightmares, wonderful use of Dart's badlands - and good idea about pinching shaders - I pinch Dart's shaders a lot for terrains

• Steve KSteve K Posts: 3,227

Attached is a render using Age of Armour's "Studio Paris", which I can't take credit for since I just loaded it "as purchased" and rendered.  But I did use it in a silly short video "Dark & Stormy":

http://www.daz3d.com/studio-paris

studio-paris_full.jpg
    720 x 480 - 153K

that's a wonderful image - and fantastic video - lots of ambuience

Bosche - amazing artist - one of my favourites 0 especially that tryptich

studio paris - I was honoured to be a beta tester - it's a must have I think.

I'll dig up some of mine

edited September 2016

Here;s some of mine using Studio Paris - as a Ned Kelly Exhibit  http://www.daz3d.com/studio-paris

I modelled the armour and display cabinents - the armour was fun

there are more images and a bit about Ned at http://andrewfinnie.blogspot.com.au/2011/10/stand-and-deliver.html

please klick for big

edited September 2016

Thanks @dudu & @PhilW

for the water I used the ocean that was mentioned in the other thread by evilproducer and the waves, splashes and smoke is the use of Ron's brushes in post.

@head wax love the Ned Kelly exhibit.. I have to finish off the body armour yet, got the helmet done . Had dinner at the beginning of the year with Ned's armour at the pub at Glenrowen with the missus who is related to him... ;-)

head wax said:

Post edited by Stezza on
    head wax said:
    MDO2010 said:

these are great renders, that sea one especially, that fin will give me nightmares, wonderful use of Dart's badlands - and good idea about pinching shaders - I pinch Dart's shaders a lot for terrains

+1 yes

Steve K said:

Attached is a render using Age of Armour's "Studio Paris", which I can't take credit for since I just loaded it "as purchased" and rendered.  But I did use it in a silly short video "Dark & Stormy":

http://www.daz3d.com/studio-paris

Fantastic! I love that video, Steve! Bravo!!!

...and Head Wax... Beautiful work! 

Have you guys all seen Age of Armour's actual armor that he makes by hand? He's also a jousting Knight in renaisance fairs -- his armor is highly sought after!

Unfortunately, due to health reasons, he's going out of business with his 'real' armour. :(

Love that guy... hope he's alright.

Stezza said:

Thanks @dudu & @PhilW

for the water I used the ocean that was mentioned in the other thread by evilproducer and the waves, splashes and smoke is the use of Ron's brushes in post.

@head wax love the Ned Kelly exhibit.. I have to finish off the body armour yet, got the helmet done . Had dinner at the beginning of the year with Ned's armour at the pub at Glenrowen with the missus who is related to him... ;-)

thanks Stezza, you did an amazing job in post as well as in the actual render! good to see you married into good stock :)

head wax said:
    MDO2010 said:

.youtube.com/watch?v=FCwbgJnKV4I

Steve K said:

Fantastic! I love that video, Steve! Bravo!!!

...and Head Wax... Beautiful work! 

Have you guys all seen Age of Armour's actual armor that he makes by hand? He's also a jousting Knight in renaisance fairs -- his armor is highly sought after!

Unfortunately, due to health reasons, he's going out of business with his 'real' armour. :(

Love that guy... hope he's alright.

thanks ! yes AOA seemes very gentle when you speak with him (via email) that Jousting Video looks wonderous (and dangerous)

• TangoAlphaTangoAlpha Posts: 4,584

I never knew that AgeOfArmour made actual armour, that's very impressive. Sadly I couldn't (a) afford it (b) find anywhere to keep it, or - worst of all - (c) fit into it! Shame he's had to go out of business

edited September 2016

size is just a state of mind :)

In another thread I asked PhilW about his seas. http://www.daz3d.com/carrara-realistic-seas-2

Here's one of them (Tropical) plus mmoirs distant city http://www.daz3d.com/carraras-bmf-landscape-pack ;

and Dart's underwater realms.  http://www.daz3d.com/carrara-environkit-underwater-realms

"Death of A Zepplin"

I know the ship is going to crash big time. Pleas Klick for big.

tropicalsea.jpg
    3400 x 1360 - 3M
  • PhilWPhilW Posts: 5,144

Head Wax - that looks wonderful!

• Steve KSteve K Posts: 3,227

head wax said:

"Death of A Zepplin"

I know the ship is going to crash big time. Pleas Klick for big.

I like this a lot, my favorite Steampunk genre (to me, anyway) and a very "painterly" render, something I have trouble doing right.  

Also, thanks to Dartanbeck and Head Wax for the kind comments on "Dark & Stormy" ... just to mention it the painting ("Garden of Earthly Delights" by H. Bosch) is available here in sizes up to ~3000x1500 pixels, and which says it is public domain:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Garden_of_Earthly_Delights

edited September 2016

thanks PhilW and Steve K :) !

yes painterly is what I am trying for !

thanks for the Bosch link  too, love that painting

• TangoAlphaTangoAlpha Posts: 4,584

Love that pic. Reminds me a bit of the Thunderchild from Jeff Wayne's War of the Worlds album cover smiley

That's an awesome picture, Head Wax! Are some of those models by 1971s? They remind me of his work, but I don't have much yet. He has an excellent selection of Zepplins and stuff.That water is amazing!