There's Always Another Sale Thread -- Discussions Only Pt 3

Comments

• caravellecaravelle Posts: 2,423

For me, this year's PA sale was great. The high-quality and very generous Golden Tickets and the Frequent Byer's discount made the sale really interesting. Good concept; should be maintained!

I can wait for the Daz+ Anniversary Sale completely relaxed; I've bought enough for now. But I know them: they're guaranteed to come around the corner again with something I can't resist ;-)

• AsuCafeAsuCafe Posts: 30

Peaceful weekend.

This was my first sale after joining DAZ. I was in a bad mood when I missed the sale of Stonemason for the first time. When Stonemason returned to the sale, I happily bought many of them immediately. When these artists are on sale repeatedly After appearing and disappearing, I understood how this works, and then I learned to be patient.

At the end of the sale I bought almost everything I needed, so I felt pretty calm until DAZ DOG and DAZ CAT showed up and it was crazy again.

• davesodaveso Posts: 6,809

I'm happy this has basically ended on Friday. I picked up a couple of strays and will check WL one more time, but I really overspent. Now for the next sale, or is it, what used to be regular pricing. 

• Ryuu@AMcCFRyuu@AMcCF Posts: 667
    edited September 30

caravelle said:

For me, this year's PA sale was great. The high-quality and very generous Golden Tickets and the Frequent Byer's discount made the sale really interesting. Good concept; should be maintained!

I can wait for the Daz+ Anniversary Sale completely relaxed; I've bought enough for now. But I know them: they're guaranteed to come around the corner again with something I can't resist ;-)

For me, I'm rather glad it's winding down.

Yes, I did get a mulchton of great products, but it's been impacting my bank account something fierce. I need a break by now, and so does my credit card.

Precensored before Richard Haseltine has to

Post edited by Ryuu@AMcCF on
  • gfdamron1gfdamron1 Posts: 203

I really enjoyed this sale, I was able to finally get most of my WL items at significant savings. I knew I would get them eventually, and this was the type of sale I had been waiting for. For the most part, the GT items were of interest to me and I was happy to use them to unlock further savings on other things. I'm looking forward to a bit of a pause so I can play with some of my new acquisitions.

• TomhipTomhip Posts: 333

gfdamron1 said:

I really enjoyed this sale, I was able to finally get most of my WL items at significant savings. I knew I would get them eventually, and this was the type of sale I had been waiting for. For the most part, the GT items were of interest to me and I was happy to use them to unlock further savings on other things. I'm looking forward to a bit of a pause so I can play with some of my new acquisitions.

My only issue with it so far is that it did not offer any new items for 2 "final" days (And they can still extend it which they have done before). I pretty much already picked up all "must haves" and "want to haves" and dont really feel like making basket from third picks.

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,953

...been too  broke these last couple weeks to  buy anything, even the Golden Ticket items that interested me. (basically that were not G9 Human related though I liked the Oso Robot Servant).  Basically I am too close to going overdrawn on my checking account for comfort as "payday" isn't until Tuesday (expensive month on several fronts, not just here). 

It will be sad to ser the 30 for 30 banner go as that helped a lot and got some great deals, particularly when stacked with tokens. 

Hopefully the upcoming Daz+ sale isn't a bust (becoming just a "normal" Daz sale that requires expensive buy ins for discounts) This is the second year in a row where got better deals in the PA Sale than the Daz+ one (cleared a number of Stonemason items off my list this sale). It used to be that the October Daz+ sale was my favourite. 

• TorquinoxTorquinox Posts: 3,191

I have to admit, I did not go in that big on this sale. Stuff I want, but did not come together as I was only attracted to a few gold ticket items, and nothing new for last weekend. So always another sale, I guess

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,925

Tomhip said:

gfdamron1 said:

My only issue with it so far is that it did not offer any new items for 2 "final" days (And they can still extend it which they have done before). I pretty much already picked up all "must haves" and "want to haves" and dont really feel like making basket from third picks.

The last several days of all these annual big sales like this have always been catchup sales

frank0314 said:

The last several days of all these annual big sales like this have always been catchup sales

Still would have been nice to have at least one fresh gold ticket item. >_> 

• kyoto kid said:

It will be sad to ser the 30 for 30 banner go as that helped a lot and got some great deals, particularly when stacked with tokens. 

Yeah, me too. It was beautifully straightforward and consistent. It was nice not having to break my brain trying to figure out the ins and outs of whatever convoluted new sales gimmick the marketing folk had dreamed up for the day.

• ElorElor Posts: 1,159
    edited September 29

Torquinox said:

Still would have been nice to have at least one fresh gold ticket item. >_> 

I was happy to see the android lasting longer that planned, long enough in fact to allow me waiting until the last hour tomorrow (well, tomorrow where I live but it'll still be the end of sunday for Daz), meaning I have $2.99 more to spend on products I'll chose (or $2.99 less to spend).

Edit: I forgot, but we got 30 GTs, so exactly the correct number for a month like September, with 30 days.

Post edited by Elor on
  • rokkrrokkr Posts: 97

Torquinox said:

rokkr said:

Hard to beat the PA sale... And there are many Daz Original products on sale during the PA month so what's left for the Daz+ sale are Daz+ items which I own almost all of I'm interested in but a few new ones... But it's good because the PA sale usually leaves me broken. I hope I'll finish it with some gift card credit though... Not too much, but hopefully enough to survive next month.

I got some stuff on the PA sale, but I've never really been that hot for it. If needs be, I can wait for the holiday promos. Those usually make a much bigger dent in my bank account. surprise

It really surprises me to read that because most items go on sale during the PA sale (as far as I know, only Daz+ items, except for 1 or 2 days, were having their regular prices during the PA sale), and, except for some random sales during the year, valid for only a few items, PA sale prices are the best (last year was better, but this year was still good), thus, I can't conceive anyone who's into buying assets not being hot for the PA sale (except if this one is only interested in Daz+ items--which would be kinda curious). Last year Holyday sale, for instance, was meh... I bought almost nothing because everything was more expensive than during the PA sale (2022, on the other hand, was great... Better than the 2022 PA sale, but it may be so because either there wasn't this 30 for 30 sale or I wasn't qualified for that yet...).

@rokkr If we all agree on which sale to buy from, Daz would only need one sale. devil

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,953

frank0314 said:

...I prefer that sinus clearing English ot spicy German stone ground mustard over ketchup 

• gfdamron1gfdamron1 Posts: 203

Even in Catchup Mode, it's still a worthy sale- I've continued to put it to use in moving products from my WL to my content library.

• This sale was as educational for me as it was productive. It was very very expensive, for me, but it was time to get back to doing some rendering. And this will be the motivation to do so. I SO MUCH appreciate the generosity of the vendors who participated in this sale!

I learned more about products that I actually needed but didn't know existed than about products I have known about but couldn't warrant buying (at my income level) until now.

Again, thanks to all of the vendors!

• rokkrrokkr Posts: 97

Torquinox said:

@rokkr If we all agree on which sale to buy from, Daz would only need one sale. devil

Dude... It's numbers... Mathematics... Unless you like to pay more, this is the best sale. Period. Of course, there may be a random sale during the year wherein you find a specific item you want to buy for less than it's being sold today (even during this sale there could be days you could buy all or some particular items than on normal days), but, statistically, on average, this is the sale where you can buy almost all items cheaper (i.e., the more items you put in your cart, more likely you'll pay less than any other period of the year) -- and, when that's what's the concern, it means it's the best. Since today is the last day (though, I bet there'll be an extension tomorrow), I'm browsing my entire wishlist right now. Items not part of this sale are the minimal exception: Daz+ items (I don't know if they're entirely out of the sale, but, since Golden Tickets doesn't apply to them, I ignore them now), Some Daz Core figures, a few random Daz Original products, items that aren't so new to be "still new items" but not so old to fall in the 55% range, and, besides that, even fewer items. My wishlist has 136 pages, 15 of which are Daz+ items, so it's 11% of it; I dare to say items not on sale are at most 5% of what's left of my wishlist minus Daz+ items. So, if saving money is your objective, this is the best sale.

• CybersoxCybersox Posts: 8,950

rokkr said:

Torquinox said:

Dude... It's numbers... Mathematics... Unless you like to pay more, this is the best sale. Period. Of course, there may be a random sale during the year wherein you find a specific item you want to buy for less than it's being sold today (even during this sale there could be days you could buy all or some particular items than on normal days), but, statistically, on average, this is the sale where you can buy almost all items cheaper (i.e., the more items you put in your cart, more likely you'll pay less than any other period of the year) -- and, when that's what's the concern, it means it's the best. Since today is the last day (though, I bet there'll be an extension tomorrow), I'm browsing my entire wishlist right now. Items not part of this sale are the minimal exception: Daz+ items (I don't know if they're entirely out of the sale, but, since Golden Tickets doesn't apply to them, I ignore them now), Some Daz Core figures, a few random Daz Original products, items that aren't so new to be "still new items" but not so old to fall in the 55% range, and, besides that, even fewer items. My wishlist has 136 pages, 15 of which are Daz+ items, so it's 11% of it; I dare to say items not on sale are at most 5% of what's left of my wishlist minus Daz+ items. So, if saving money is your objective, this is the best sale.

I'd agree that it's been been the best this year so far... but the problem is that DAZ likes to change up how the sales work every year, so there's no ironclad guaruntee that next year's PA sale will work in the same way or be anywhere as good as this one.  There was a time when March Madness and the PC+ sale were consistantly totally amazing, but as of late there have been years when they weren't so hot because of some new gimmick that DAZ came up that didn't go over with the customers, and all of the sales have been heavily impacted over the last few years by changes that DAZ has made to affect how much of a vendor's store can be on sale at once and the way that multiple sales stacked.    

edited September 30

rokkr said:

Torquinox said:

I'd agree that it's been been the best this year so far... but the problem is that DAZ likes to change up how the sales work every year, so there's no ironclad guarantee that next year's PA sale will work in the same way or be anywhere near as good as this one.  There was a time when March Madness and the PC+ sale were consistantly totally amazing, but as of late there have been years when they weren't so hot because of some new gimmick that DAZ came up with that didn't go over with the customers, and all of the sales have been heavily impacted over the last few years by changes that DAZ has made to affect how much of a vendor's store can be on sale at once and the way that multiple sales discounts can be stacked.    

Post edited by Cybersox on

@rokkr You did not factor in the 30% off store credit I had earlier in the year or the effect of flash sales, gift promos and so on during earlier sales. If you are done attacking me, we should move on.

• edited September 30

I got several things I wanted, mostly older, during the middle of the sale. I *might* buy a couple other items today.

I still want to know why a handful of products only spent 1 day in the appropriate latest/recent/legacy promos, while many seemed to be in those selections for almost the entire sale. 

But, IMO, the sales finale wasn't good enough to merit an extra day. Few, if any new releases (I wasn't invested enough to look closely at that part of the page). The former GTs were not only more expensive but buying/owning a "Headliner Deal" doesn't get you the additional 30% off.

At least Daz did keep the 30 off 30 discount; it's still in my messages anyways & appears to be working properly in cart.

Post edited by miladyderyni_173d399f47 on
  • miladyderyni_173d399f47 said:

buying/owning a "Headliner Deal" doesn't get you the additional 30% off.

It says it does on the sale page. Is it not discounting?

• davesodaveso Posts: 6,809

i thought the sale would be extended but really didn't want it to be, especially when nothing new is offered. A good thing for my wallet though. Hopefully this is it, end of the month. 

• Yeah I spent way to much

edited September 30

And I also got some outstanding items during this sale. It just didn't rope me in the way earlier sales did. And the wrap-up would have benefitted from some new GT items. Otherwise, I agree with @daveso.

Post edited by Torquinox on

Yay!  Sale extended with no new items or discounts, so I don't even need to look at the store or think about buying something from DAZ today!  Wheeee!  

butterflyfish said:

miladyderyni_173d399f47 said:

buying/owning a "Headliner Deal" doesn't get you the additional 30% off.

It says it does on the sale page. Is it not discounting?

Actually, what it says three times is "Owners/Buyers of any Golden Ticket Item", once next to each headline item that's still an active Golden Ticket Item.  All of the other previous GOlden Ticket Items have been turned into Headliner Deals Items for today's promotion, so that could be the issue.  

edited September 30

Cybersox said:

Actually, what it says three times is "Owners/Buyers of any Golden Ticket Item", once next to each headline item that's still an active Golden Ticket Item.  All of the other previous GOlden Ticket Items have been turned into Headliner Deals Items for today's promotion, so that could be the issue.  

I missed the headliner section. blush Still, headliners give no additional discounts and I already bought the items that interested me.

Post edited by Torquinox on
  • AsuCafeAsuCafe Posts: 30
    edited September 30

Lightning-deals still has good deals during these three days, just need some luck

Post edited by AsuCafe on