There's Always Another Sale Thread -- Discussions Only Pt 3

Charlie JudgeCharlie Judge Posts: 12,496
This discussion was created from comments split from: There's Always Another Sale Thread -- Discussions Only Pt 2.

Comments

• Charlie JudgeCharlie Judge Posts: 12,496
    edited May 22

I wonder what Memorial Day will bring. My wishlist is already almost empty.

Post edited by Charlie Judge on
  • SilverGirlSilverGirl Posts: 433

Charlie Judge said:

I spent today going through the entire listing of interior props & enviornments (for prop harvesting, mostly) and adding anything I thought might be even vaguely useful at some point to my wish list, just in case. I'd gone through them all when I first started this journey, but that was before I had a full list of what I needed, grasped that you could alter the size of things, or discovered The Power of Shaders.

(Cue up Jasmine singing 'A Whole New World')

It's likely that a whole lot of those I'll never wind up buying, but you never know when adding one more item from some curated selection will drop the price more than the cost of the item, and now I just have to scan for the hearts to see if there's anything I might actually want.

(I was surprised how there wasn't a really nice, fancy office desk with working drawers and without some sort of top shelving to go with the posh office chairs. Huh. I found a couple that'd be servicable for my purposes, but somehow I'd expected more.)

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 9,799

Charlie Judge said:

There was nothing for the Mother's Day, not even lingerie... 

edited May 22

PerttiA said:

Charlie Judge said:

There was nothing for the Mother's Day, not even lingerie... 

According to Paulawp there was a big Memorial Day sale last year. And anyway the DAZ+ summer sale should probably start soon thereafter. I guess I should start rebuilding my wishlist..

https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/comment/8719616/#Comment_8719616

• TorquinoxTorquinox Posts: 2,916

I still have my Daz+ coupons. Looking for where to use them. I can still wait to see what happens for Memorial Day.

• paulawp (marahzen)paulawp (marahzen) Posts: 1,213

I still have one of my Daz+ coupons and a decent gift card balance. I'm not a big gift card user, but I bought a couple during those recent big gift card sales in an anticipation of a holiday sale. Not sure what else I really need to buy though - a year ago this time, for me, there was still a vast amount of legacy material that needed buying. ... now it's bought.

• TorquinoxTorquinox Posts: 2,916

paulawp (marahzen) said:

I still have one of my Daz+ coupons and a decent gift card balance. I'm not a big gift card user, but I bought a couple during those recent big gift card sales in an anticipation of a holiday sale. Not sure what else I really need to buy though - a year ago this time, for me, there was still a vast amount of legacy material that needed buying. ... now it's bought.

I understand. I have a lump of store credit, too. It would be so easy to use, but I'm waiting for the right sale.

Torquinox said:

paulawp (marahzen) said:

I understand. I have a lump of store credit, too. It would be so easy to use, but I'm waiting for the right sale.

Same here. I got an orange banner offer expiting at midnight for $5 of a DO over $7 and I couldn't find anthing thing to I wanted enough to spend the extra $2+. I think I must enough stuff already.

• SilverGirlSilverGirl Posts: 433

Charlie Judge said:

Same here. I got an orange banner offer expiting at midnight for $5 of a DO over $7 and I couldn't find anthing thing to I wanted enough to spend the extra $2+. I think I must enough stuff already.

Yeah, I got that one, too.

The one thing in my wishlist that actually would've been a bargain if I'd used it was $6.99. Pity there isn't an option to round up... Daz would've gotten a purchase from me then, but such is life. The 20% off one didn't do it for me, either. There's always another sale. And it'll probably be cheaper when it hits.

• manekiNekomanekiNeko Posts: 1,400
    edited May 23

so, there's this (non-personal/no banner) flash sale, 60% on anything with code your-pick-sale. it doesn't work for me on an item i wanted. however it's already at 65%, BUT the flash sale image doesn't mention that already discounted items don't work. only GC, memberships, the usual. what gives?

Post edited by manekiNeko on
  • PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 9,799

manekiNeko said:

so, there's this (non-personal/no banner) flash sale, 60% on anything with code your-pick-sale. it doesn't work for me on an item i wanted. however it's already at 65%, BUT the flash sale image doesn't mention that already discounted items don't work. only GC, memberships, the usual. what gives?

Is the item on the curated list?
    https://www.daz3d.com/build-your-flash-deal

• manekiNekomanekiNeko Posts: 1,400

PerttiA said:

manekiNeko said:

oooops. nope, it isn't. i didn't even click on the image, just read it. thank you, this explains everything!

so, like with both banners mentioned above that i also saw yesterday,  the 5$ and the 20%, this is another item that i want/need, and it doesn't apply for some reasons. i've just saved some money. also nice.

• joannajoanna Posts: 1,157

paulawp (marahzen) said:

Similar here. I don't recall when was the last time I had my Daz+ coupon last that long into the month. I guess it's because a lot of promotions now have their own coupons (like the wishlist one from a couple of days ago) which makes it harder and more frustrating to use the coupons.

My wishlist is still at 2400 items, but many of them I don't really need, I just like them, and others are in the "maaaaybe" category, so I can't justify buying them unless discounts are appealing enough to me. Then, there's the matter of offers and new releases not personally matching for me: either new release are uninteresting to me to use as buy-ins for the stuff I'd want, or the new releases would interest me, but the extra discounts don't have much to offer to me.

I'm also hoping that there's going to be something interesting during the long weekend. If not, well, there's always another sale, and Daz+ sale next month might bring some surprises too! (Though it would be nice to be able to use my Daz+ coupon on something...)

• IlliciteSIlliciteS Posts: 16

PerttiA said:

manekiNeko said:

How can you know if a given item is in the curated list? The search function resets the curated list, and there are 32K items to browse. 

• joannajoanna Posts: 1,157

IlliciteS said:

PerttiA said:

manekiNeko said:

How can you know if a given item is in the curated list? The search function resets the curated list, and there are 32K items to browse. 

If you don't have the Daz Deals plugin for your browser to sort out non-wishlist items, you can narrow it down by choosing the artist from the left dropdown menu.

I have the plugin (free version), I might have missed something...?

But for now, all I have is:

They said 60% about 5 items in the following list, for instance  https://www.daz3d.com/build-your-flash-deal

When you click on "Shop now", there is no artist name, it's just a list of 32K items. So yeah, unless I'm missing something, again, it seems there is no way of knowing...?

By the way, I find the left panel to be really lackluster on those deals / sales. I wish, in a given list of items like the one I mentioned, I could have sorted it by animations, expression, cloth and so on. Like the real filtrer you have on the front shop page.

• davesodaveso Posts: 6,588

IlliciteS said:

They said 60% about 5 items in the following list, for instance  https://www.daz3d.com/build-your-flash-deal

When you click on "Shop now", there is no artist name, it's just a list of 32K items. So yeah, unless I'm missing something, again, it seems there is no way of knowing...?

By the way, I find the left panel to be really lackluster on those deals / sales. I wish, in a given list of items like the one I mentioned, I could have sorted it by animations, expression, cloth and so on. Like the real filtrer you have on the front shop page.

ARTIST - Click + 

artist.jpg
    868 x 525 - 293K

Zahara 9 HD ... in cart for $22.72 for Pro bundle. I have 8 tokens, for the first time, plus the DAZ+ DO $6 coupon. Bought the 2 "western" add-ons... plus 9 products from the 3 categories at 100% off. Also, 2 items in Featured Artist Stores, both in my Wishlist. Total $42.23

daveso said:

IlliciteS said:

ARTIST - Click + 

Okay, I see where it's going. :D So in order to know if an item is in the list, instead of just typing its name in a specific field (not the one on top right), you need to check the product, then check the artist, then go back to the sale list, filtrer on the specific artist, and check if the product is there.

Not the way I wish it was done, but it works. Thanks for opening my eyes!

IlliciteS said:

daveso said:

IlliciteS said:

ARTIST - Click + 

Okay, I see where it's going. :D So in order to know if an item is in the list, instead of just typing its name in a specific field (not the one on top right), you need to check the product, then check the artist, then go back to the sale list, filtrer on the specific artist, and check if the product is there.

Not the way I wish it was done, but it works. Thanks for opening my eyes!

search functions here at DAZ are less than helpful quite often. They need a database that cross references when items are on sale, how to sort them for different sale criteria, and so forth. I think most of us end up spending hours trying to figure out the sales crazy.  Adding and subtracting products, trying different coupons, tokens, what works with what, how sales still active from during the week tie in with the current ones, etc etc. 

Its hard enough just to find a specific product if you need one.  Then we have the forums which tend to give you tons of stuff in a search, pretty much nothing you really want. Best way is to use google search for the forums.  

• Assorted notes:

I didn't use either of yesterday's coupons because it wasn't payday yet (& still isn't).

I won't be taking advantage of the today's flash sale either because (1) it will most likely end before pay is posted (2) I am not going to sort through all those poducts.

I am 98% sure I can use my remaining D+ coupon this weekend. Worst case I'll use it for D+ items that have been hanging around my wishlist until I decided to rejoin (which I did this month), if there's no weekend/holiday sale it stacks with. Or it Daz starts D+ sale early.

I bought https://www.daz3d.com/dforce-mrb-outfit-for-genesis-8-female on a Lightning Deal a few days ago but am returning it due to textures not applying. Sometimes I get an error popup; other times it just stays white in render. I searched for forum posts and found out it has other problems.

miladyderyni_173d399f47 said:

Assorted notes:

I didn't use either of yesterday's coupons because it wasn't payday yet (& still isn't).

I also didn't use either one. There was nothing in the $5 off selection I wanted to spend an extra $2+ on. And The other one didn't have an expiration date so I rolled the dice and hoped I could use it today on the Pro Bundle but unfortunately I lost and the coupon disappeared.  

edited May 24

A quick Heads Up in case sombody missed it -- Todays flash sale coupon can be used multiple times.

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,760

Torquinox said:

I still have my Daz+ coupons. Looking for where to use them. I can still wait to see what happens for Memorial Day.

...used my Daz-O one on a set of VDB explosions that were on sale, With the one token I still had, only paid 1.16$   

• theflarftheflarf Posts: 121
    edited May 24

A mix of reasons have meant it's been over a month since I last bought anything.

The inability to filter out 'texture/instyle' items from the store means that when searching for deals it's just so bloated with things I'm not interested in when cheapest is sorted to the top, I gave up yesterday trying to identify what I was interested in. The amount of money Daz must miss out on from not have the ability to filter out non-wishlist items from a sale page from me alone would probably make adding it worth the time cost.

Also with the store focusing on more Gen9 content (obviously) which i've also given up on means there's less new stuff being released that has any appeal to me to start with.

Currently, based on my spending habbits now and the way the sales/store is going no incentive to rejoin daz+ either

Post edited by theflarf on
  • kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,760

...well the BOGO dress sale sounded interesting (one free G8 outfit and two more at 70% off along with 3 G3 ones at 3.99$) until I saw I have to buy a new release to unlock the freebie and discounts.

The only new release clothing item that is compatible with with G8/8.1 is the base the City Vibes outfit which seems pretty similar to other clothing I already have based on the same theme.  

Was actually hoping for the Summer Daz+ sale to begin today.  

Ah well...

No "boom" today, Maybe "boom" tomorrow. There's always a "boom" tomorrow.

• ShimrianShimrian Posts: 515
    edited May 24

Some interesting sales the past week (and last weekend), but I'm not buying anything until I see Mesh Gabber 4.0 or UltraScenery 2.0 for sale. I don't know why they're taking so long since I know MG 4 has been ready for a while. I keep checking every morning and get sad they're not there. Maybe (hopefully) this weekend? =)

Post edited by Shimrian on
  • TomhipTomhip Posts: 292

Shimrian said:

Some interesting sales the past week (and last weekend), but I'm not buying anything until I see Mesh Gabber 4.0 or UltraScenery 2.0 is for sale. I don't know why they're taking so long since I know MG 4 has been ready for a while. I keep checking every morning and get sad they're not there. Maybe (hopefully) this weekend? =)

Oh is there some thread somewhere with official feature lists?

• LeanaLeana Posts: 11,210

Tomhip said:

Shimrian said:

Some interesting sales the past week (and last weekend), but I'm not buying anything until I see Mesh Gabber 4.0 or UltraScenery 2.0 is for sale. I don't know why they're taking so long since I know MG 4 has been ready for a while. I keep checking every morning and get sad they're not there. Maybe (hopefully) this weekend? =)

https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/686101/coming-soon-mesh-grabber-4-0-commercial#latest ;

• TomhipTomhip Posts: 292

Leana said:

Tomhip said:

Shimrian said:

https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/686101/coming-soon-mesh-grabber-4-0-commercial#latest ;

Oh yeah! That looks sweet, probably keeping it under rug for some sale as I bet that will sell like hot cakes.