There's Always Another Sale Thread -- Discussions Only Pt 3

Comments

• Charlie JudgeCharlie Judge Posts: 12,502

tsroemi said:

Torquinox said:

Vanishing Point is an interesting choice for Daz store. A lot of unmarked Star Trek fan art, some Poser stuff, some real world stuff, some weirdness. I like some of the models, even if the ones I like are older.

Weekend sale might be nice - There are a few items I missed the first time, but it will cost a little more. I'm hoping for sweeteners.

I don't know if this has been noted, you can't buy the same item more than once any more. The site gives a "this item can't be added to cart" notice and now routes to the item in your product library. I thnk that's a recent change. I don't think it did that at March Madness.

i'm really happy to see Vanishing Point here, they have some lovely houses and such that only need a little attention for more close-up rendering. And they do mention on almost every item store page that the models were originally designed for mid- to long distance renders, so one knows what one's getting. Prices are also more than fair. Got two wonderful derelict barns that had been on my Rendo WL for ages! 

Agreed. I'm also glad to see them here. My wishlist just grew by some 30 items from their store. I was, however, a bit surprised to see them here. IIRC they were here some time ago and it seemed like it didn't go well because they left after a few months. 

• AlmightyQUESTAlmightyQUEST Posts: 1,982

Leana said:

Charlie Judge said:

Torquinox said:

I don't know if this has been noted, you can't buy the same item more than once any more. The site gives a "this item can't be added to cart" notice and now routes to the item in your product library. I thnk that's a recent change. I don't think it did that at March Madness.

I can still buy the same item twice by going to the product page and clicking on the red 'Purchased' button

I just tried that with a random product and like Torquinox said I got a "Could not add requested item to cart" message, then got redirected to product library. It still works using the "cart" button from product lists though.

And yes that is a recent development.

Hmm, I wonder if DAZ is doing A/B testing because I can still easily add my purchased items to my cart both from the product page and with the "cart" button. 

I'm on a mobile device, using chrome, when I click the "purchased" button on a store page, it adds the item to my cart but also then redirects me to my account items page. It's still in the cart though. Not sure if any differences in experience might be device related, I haven't tried on a PC yet.
  • TorquinoxTorquinox Posts: 2,924

I've found purchased items can still be loaded in the cart from listings as described above. I guess for the sake of coupons and sale access, I probably should extend my Daz+. *waffling*

• AlmightyQUESTAlmightyQUEST Posts: 1,982

I get the same thing on desktop, it adds to the cart but also redirects to the product library.

Hmmpf, no Father's Day sale crying

• joannajoanna Posts: 1,162

Charlie Judge said:

Because Daz is the only family we need. wink 

joanna said:

Charlie Judge said:

Because Daz is the only family we need. wink 

Haha! I think it was symmetry - as noted somewhere, also no Mother's Day sale, not even lingerie. Today we get Daz+ https://www.daz3d.com/dd-pbr-vintage-lace-shaders-for-iray That might turn most anything into lingerie... 

So what do people think? Is this really last 24 hours or will the catchup be extended into tomorrow?

edited June 16

Torquinox said:

So what do people think? Is this really last 24 hours or will the catchup be extended into tomorrow?

50/50. Sometimes it is extended and sometimes not. I have found with DAZ you can't really rely on their saying "final" but sometimes it is really final. Just have to take your chances.

That said it is the third day of the Vanishing Point sale so I suspect that will end today.

Edit to add a quick heads up: For those of you purchasing items from Vanishing point be sure to check out the freebies on the Vanishing Point website. There are quite a few free textures for some of the models such as the airliners.

Post edited by Charlie Judge on

Charlie Judge said:

50/50. Sometimes it is extended and sometimes not. I have found with DAZ you can't really rely on their saying "final" but sometimes it is really final. Just have to take your chances.

That said it is the third day of the Vanishing Point sale so I suspect that will end today.

Edit to add a quick heads up: For those of you purchasing items from Vanishing point be sure to check out the freebies on the Vanishing Point website. There are quite a few free textures for some of the models such as the airliners.

Agreed on the first two points. VP website is fanart nirvana. Good catch, though.  

• RiverMissyRiverMissy Posts: 296

My Store Credit isn't showing up to make my purchase. I checked in my account and I have plenty of store credit available. Anyone else having problems? Is there a different thread to report problems? Thank you.

2024-0616-NoStoreCreditShowing-1.png
    1764 x 937 - 305K
  • frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,645
    edited June 16

Report issues here. https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/685096/new-year-new-sales-thread-report-issues-here-reporting-only#latest

Mine is showing up fine. Have you tried doing a hard refresh to see if its a cache issue?

Post edited by frank0314 on
  • NorthOf45NorthOf45 Posts: 5,325
    edited June 16

RiverMissy said:

My Store Credit isn't showing up to make my purchase. I checked in my account and I have plenty of store credit available. Anyone else having problems? Is there a different thread to report problems? Thank you.

Sally's Kitchen has an illegal character (grave accent) in place of the apostrophe. It happened with another product a few days ago. Caused all sorts of wierd behaviour on the cart.

ETA: It was Wizard's Tower for DAZ Studio

Post edited by NorthOf45 on
  • kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,766

Torquinox said:

Vanishing Point is an interesting choice for Daz store. A lot of unmarked Star Trek fan art, some Poser stuff, some real world stuff, some weirdness. I like some of the models, even if the ones I like are older.

Weekend sale might be nice - There are a few items I missed the first time, but it will cost a little more. I'm hoping for sweeteners.

...one way that you could end up buying the same VP item twice is if you originally bought it at the "other store".   I went through my entire order list there and that was a good thing as I almost put one item (Beechcraft G-17 S) in my cart that I had already purchased there a while back.  

NorthOf45 said:

RiverMissy said:

Sally's Kitchen has an illegal character (grave accent) in place of the apostrophe. It happened with another product a few days ago. Caused all sorts of wierd behaviour on the cart.

Yep that seems to be what is causing the problem. And you can't proceed to check out with it in your cart. It should be reported in the reporting thread:  https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/685096/new-year-new-sales-thread-report-issues-here-reporting-only#latest

• RiverMissyRiverMissy Posts: 296

NorthOf45 said:

RiverMissy said:

I deleted the item and now the cart is working ok. Thank you. I never would have figured that one out!

NorthOf45 said:

RiverMissy said:

I just reported it

edited June 16

RiverMissy It is fixed now. Try a hard refresh and if that doesn't work then you "may" need to remove it from cart and re-add it.

Post edited by frank0314 on
  • HavosHavos Posts: 5,334

kyoto kid said:

Torquinox said:

...one way that you could end up buying the same VP item twice is if you originally bought it at the "other store".   I went through my entire order list there and that was a good thing as I almost put one item (Beechcraft G-17 S) in my cart that I had already purchased there a while back.  

Vanishing Point's products have been sold at a number of sites, so it is not just a matter of looking at Renderosity to check if you already own it. They also bought out Poser World's vast catalogue of Poser products, and some of these are in the list now sold here, so if you ever subscribed to Poser World, and grabbed all their models when you did, you might already own those few.

Charlie Judge said:

tsroemi said:

Torquinox said:

i'm really happy to see Vanishing Point here, they have some lovely houses and such that only need a little attention for more close-up rendering. And they do mention on almost every item store page that the models were originally designed for mid- to long distance renders, so one knows what one's getting. Prices are also more than fair. Got two wonderful derelict barns that had been on my Rendo WL for ages! 

Agreed. I'm also glad to see them here. My wishlist just grew by some 30 items from their store. I was, however, a bit surprised to see them here. IIRC they were here some time ago and it seemed like it didn't go well because they left after a few months. 

Hmm, interesting that days after the 'Welcome VP' sale most (if not all) the VP items in the DAZ store are also still available at the 'other' store.

Charlie Judge said:

Hmm, interesting that days after the 'Welcome VP' sale most (if not all) the VP items in the DAZ store are also still available at the 'other' store.

It has been mentioned that Rendo removes overlapping items on its own schedule. Overlapping items do seem to get removed from the other store, though. 

• SilverGirlSilverGirl Posts: 438

In case anyone's not following the separate threads:

- the D+ Wishlist code for 70% off now stacks

- there's a multi-use coupon in DIM for 30% off one item that goes through the 21st.

• SilverGirl said:

In case anyone's not following the separate threads:

- the D+ Wishlist code for 70% off now stacks

- there's a multi-use coupon in DIM for 30% off one item that goes through the 21st.

I saw those. Alas for Daz's coffers, by the time Daz fixed it, I had lost interest in the wishlist code, because the fix took so long.

The DIM code I am hoping to use tomorrow. I haven't seen anything so far today. Alas for me, the wishlisted things I most want aren't on discount right now.

miladyderyni_173d399f47 said:

Alas for me, the wishlisted things I most want aren't on discount right now.

Feeling that pretty hard. But today the new releases were kind enough to drop something I needed at the same time the big discount section had a ton of combat pose sets (the lack of which were stalling me out on several ideas) so I finally have a good cart assembled.

Happy Litha to me!

• emanuela1emanuela1 Posts: 540
    edited June 20

I tried to use the coupon WISH-UPON70, but it doesn't work, the same way as WISHFUL. It does not add a discount to the DAZ+, even if they have been on the wishlist for a long time. At this point I wonder what I'm doing wrong. Am I using the wrong coupon?

Post edited by emanuela1 on
  • joannajoanna Posts: 1,162

emanuela1 said:

I tried to use the coupon WISH-UPON70, but it doesn't work, the same way as WISHFUL. It does not add a discount to the DAZ+, even if they have been on the wishlist for a long time. At this point I wonder what I'm doing wrong. Am I using the wrong coupon?

I don't think this coupon is valid anymore. One was valid the day before yesterday, and the other—yesterday. The only two active at the moment (that I know of) are JUNETEENTH (30% off one item, usable multiple times, no GC) and DREAMY (for a selection of what looks like Dreamlight's items here, accessible via splash banner on the main site).

• emanuela1emanuela1 Posts: 540

So I missed an opportunity, I hope they offer it again.

Thank you joanna.:)

edited June 21

@paulawp (marahzen) - I saw these in the DREAMY flash sale - could they help with your need for the ability to grunge things up?

https://www.daz3d.com/layered-grunge-iray-shaders-2

Post edited by SilverGirl on

FYI: Looks like the DREAMY code is multiple-use.

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,766

...most of that sale is HDRIs and lighting sets, think I'll pass.