There's Always Another Sale Thread -- Discussions Only Pt 3

Comments

• ElorElor Posts: 1,159

daveso said:

Where are you seeing the bundles on sale?

In the 55, 65 or 80 % selection, or on the link regrouping all of them (which was wrong for a couple of hours):

https://www.daz3d.com/all-fairy-tale-makers

• davesodaveso Posts: 6,809
    Elor said:

daveso said:

In the 55, 65 or 80 % selection, or on the link regrouping all of them (which was wrong for a couple of hours):

Thanks
  • joannajoanna Posts: 1,304

Elor said:

daveso said:

There are also some here: https://www.daz3d.com/original-fantasies which is "get 30% extra off fantasy items" selection when you include a debut release (which today include two cheap Daz+ items, so the buy-in is less than $2 if you're a member). There are quite a few pro and other bundles there that go down to $13-16 with other discounts (golden ticket, 30 for 30 banner). That's before tokens (I've been frugal and not spending enough to get them) and the DO coupon (surprisingly, I still have it).

• HA!!

I LOVE the promo picture Sickleyield has for her SY Tied Up! 3 Genesis 9 product!

Barbarian Warrior: "The things I have to do to entertain that damned dracolich....! angry"

laughlaughlaughlaugh

• paulawp (marahzen)paulawp (marahzen) Posts: 1,330
    edited September 24

joanna said:

Elor said:

daveso said:

There are also some here: https://www.daz3d.com/original-fantasies which is "get 30% extra off fantasy items" selection when you include a debut release (which today include two cheap Daz+ items, so the buy-in is less than $2 if you're a member). There are quite a few pro and other bundles there that go down to $13-16 with other discounts (golden ticket, 30 for 30 banner). That's before tokens (I've been frugal and not spending enough to get them) and the DO coupon (surprisingly, I still have it).

I was just coming here to call attention to this if no one had mentioned it yet. Even though I own half the store* I'm still seeing 50 pages of offerings, some of which are hitting the cart with 95+% off with at least one new-today thing, 8 tokens and the banner discount. If there was anything remotely related to this genre that you've contemplated getting, now's a good time. (*OK, I haven't yet bought half the store. But I have a lot of stuff.)

Post edited by paulawp (marahzen) on
  • frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,925

I picked up several old G2-G3 pro bundles for just over $7 each with 1 token, so made out really good today.

• ElorElor Posts: 1,159

Ryuu@AMcCF said:

HA!!

I LOVE the promo picture Sickleyield has for her SY Tied Up! 3 Genesis 9 product!

Barbarian Warrior: "The things I have to do to entertain that damned dracolich....! angry"

laughlaughlaughlaugh

I like the expression on the dragon face, like it is saying 'Hey, come back here' laugh

• Elor said:

Ryuu@AMcCF said:

HA!!

laughlaughlaughlaugh

I like the expression on the dragon face, like it is saying 'Hey, come back here' laugh

Just grabbed the product myself.  From the pictures on the product page, it looks like the ropes can also be posed as a seperate object or something.  Now I'm wondering if maybe a posable set of straps (i.e. for seatbelts and the like) could be in the works, too.  That's something I could REALLY use for a couple of different upcoming projects I've been building elaborate, standing-sets for. 

• nomad-ads_8ecd56922e said:

Just grabbed the product myself.  From the pictures on the product page, it looks like the ropes can also be posed as a seperate object or something.  Now I'm wondering if maybe a posable set of straps (i.e. for seatbelts and the like) could be in the works, too.  That's something I could REALLY use for a couple of different upcoming projects I've been building elaborate, standing-sets for. 

Oooo, that'd be cool. I have a really neat scene I did of two of my characters on one of those swing rides at a carnival... but there's a terrifying lack of safety restraints involved in the set, so I've had to make sure my render angles disguise that. 

• SilverGirl said:

nomad-ads_8ecd56922e said:

Oooo, that'd be cool. I have a really neat scene I did of two of my characters on one of those swing rides at a carnival... but there's a terrifying lack of safety restraints involved in the set, so I've had to make sure my render angles disguise that. 

Good idea. I just dropped  SickleYield a note and asked about the possibility

• Robert Freise said:

SilverGirl said:

nomad-ads_8ecd56922e said:

Good idea. I just dropped  SickleYield a note and asked about the possibility

Good to hear, TY.  Presumably that message also points SY to this part of the thread, for good measure? smiley

• CybersoxCybersox Posts: 8,950
    edited September 25

Um... Seems an oddly formal requirement for a character who's covered with fur... 

ManWolverine for Genesis 9

Required Products:

dForce HnC24 Basic Suit Outfits for Genesis 9

Post edited by Cybersox on
  • barbultbarbult Posts: 23,991

Cybersox said:

Um... Seems an oddly formal requirement for a character who's covered with fun... 

Required Products:

I reported that in the reporting thread. It doesn't seem true.

• Cybersox said:

Um... Seems an oddly formal requirement for a character who's covered with fur... 

Required Products:

The promo picture of himi in the suit immediately reminds me of Hank McCoy--just need to paint the fur a dark blue to complete that image....

Would go far to explaiin why Hank and Logan got along so well. laugh

• edited September 26

Many, many items in the Latest/Recent/Legacy selections seem to stay there for days (Probably a week) and then often show up again, while others are there for just 1 day. 

It doesn't make any sense to me. As far as I can tell how long something stays discounted isn't related to whether it is from a featured PA's store (or they worked on it in the case of DOs). 

I'm annoyed because Maryam 9 figure, the only G9 core figure I'm interested in, was in the Recents yesterday but not today and I didn't check out figuring she'd still be there today, and maybe I'd like today's Golden Ticket better. (Silly me huh?)

Yes, I know the Pro bundle is still 65% off. However, I don't want it since the other Maryam versions are no longer included*. I already have the Kelly hair, & the cart price for the figure and Cat Eye makeup, the only other component I wanted, was less than the bundle. 

Maybe there will be a finale catch up...

*what a jerk ploy that was

/ end grumbling

Post edited by miladyderyni_173d399f47 on
  • rokkrrokkr Posts: 97

Is there a deliberate policy from Daz not to offer templates for new products? I bought this dForce Off Shoulder Midriff Tank G8G8.1F from Sveva. It doesn't come with templates, but, in Renderosity (though the item is listed as unavailable), one can see there are two files: one of them (File 1 with 2MB -- and, of course, you can't download it) I'm sure is the template file (I don't think I'm supposed to post links from other vendors here, but it's just a google away if anyone wants to check it). I've noticed many new G9 items come without templates, but, since they are exclusive here, never had the chance to compare; now, I have. If it's a policy, it's bad.

• If a product has templates they're a manual download from your product library.

Daz stopped including templates in the download a long time ago saying that they made the downloads to large

Robert Freise said:

If a product has templates they're a manual download from your product library.

Daz stopped including templates in the download a long time ago saying that they made the downloads to large

If you mean manual download as opposed to DIM download, I know that. That's not the issue. The issue is products that used to be offered with templates somewhere else are now being offered without templates here (and also newer products that are exclusive here and are being offered without templates from PAs that used to offer templates). And I mean in the product library on this site via browser and not by DIM.

again, the cookie popups. constantly. DAZ, you can takeaway that freebie anytime. 

• daveso said:

again, the cookie popups. constantly. DAZ, you can takeaway that freebie anytime. 

Yeah and stop logging me out 

• TorquinoxTorquinox Posts: 3,191

So it's the end of the sale, no new golden ticket item, just 3 items I already didn't want and at a higher price? Grand.

Torquinox said:

So it's the end of the sale, no new golden ticket item, just 3 items I already didn't want and at a higher price? Grand.

yep.  Out with a whimper. A lot of my WL items on sale though, but I've spent double my budget on this sale. And now, I think the DAZ+ sale will begin soon. 

edited September 28

@daveso Historically, Daz+ sale has been good. We shall see!

Post edited by Torquinox on

daveso said:

It's been popping for me since the beginning of the sale... I don't even bother anymore... I think it'll correct itself eventually...

Torquinox said:

@daveso Historically, Daz+ sale has been good. We shall see!

Hard to beat the PA sale... And there are many Daz Original products on sale during the PA month so what's left for the Daz+ sale are Daz+ items which I own almost all of I'm interested in but a few new ones... But it's good because the PA sale usually leaves me broken. I hope I'll finish it with some gift card credit though... Not too much, but hopefully enough to survive next month.

rokkr said:

Hard to beat the PA sale... And there are many Daz Original products on sale during the PA month so what's left for the Daz+ sale are Daz+ items which I own almost all of I'm interested in but a few new ones... But it's good because the PA sale usually leaves me broken. I hope I'll finish it with some gift card credit though... Not too much, but hopefully enough to survive next month.

I got some stuff on the PA sale, but I've never really been that hot for it. If needs be, I can wait for the holiday promos. Those usually make a much bigger dent in my bank account. surprise

• So, with the giant grain of salt involved because past is not always prologue... what usually goes down for the October sale? Like, PA sale had golden ticket items, holiday sale had the daily freebies... anything 'signature' for this one? Any sort of good strategy to know about?

(Figure there's not really anything left to say for this sale when the last weekend is nothing new...)

Can't speak for what will be as some of this has already dropped off the map, but used to have freebie bundles, bargain bundles, byob selections - 8 items for $3 or so, Daz+ for a day bargains, etc.It used to be a good opportunity to spend a lot and get a lot. Used to be a fast start to the sale. Most of the current sales have been slow starters. Hard to say now.

• Torquinox said:

Can't speak for what will be as some of this has already dropped off the map, but used to have freebie bundles, bargain bundles, byob selections - 8 items for $3 or so, Daz+ for a day bargains, etc.It used to be a good opportunity to spend a lot and get a lot. Used to be a fast start to the sale. Most of the current sales have been slow starters. Hard to say now.

So, sounds like similar to June sale, maybe? 

@SilverGirl Similar and should be better. Should be. Has been in the past.

• TomhipTomhip Posts: 333

That moment when you find decent item on Lightning deals but it is 40 seconds to refresh... a race against your internet connection :D