There's Always Another Sale Thread -- Discussions Only Pt 3

Comments

• I hope the wishlist part of the Independence sale stays all weekend. There might be a new item I like better tomorrow.

Be aware that while Daz+ items aren't eligible for the extra discount, the Daz+ new releases will trigger it, except for the current Weekly & Monthly freebies of course. Also there are a some items on the linked New Releases page that won't trigger the deal. They are all products just transferred to the Daz store.

• Rod Wise DriggoRod Wise Driggo Posts: 2,176

Have already done some nice shopping yesterday and although there is the one or other item today I need to pass since already bought enough stuff from the Universe-promo, already used the 1776 and so on - plus MeshGrabber 4 has to be released everyday now I hope.

• NorthOf45NorthOf45 Posts: 5,330

Not much Future in using yesterday's single-use coupon code...

• TomhipTomhip Posts: 302

So if I used 1776 yesterday I can rest untill next big sale then?

• memcneil70memcneil70 Posts: 3,918

Well I didn't see the Gift Card sale two days ago, so missed out. So my purchases will be restricted. I am more frugal when I have to actually 'think' about the cost to my credit card each time. Easier to buy from store credit. 

• Charlie JudgeCharlie Judge Posts: 12,510
    edited July 5

memcneil70 said:

Well I didn't see the Gift Card sale two days ago, so missed out. So my purchases will be restricted. I am more frugal when I have to actually 'think' about the cost to my credit card each time. Easier to buy from store credit. 

It is still available. You have to buy one new bundle and two new individual items that were debute in the Dakota sale to get 36% off your entire cart including gift cards.

Post edited by Charlie Judge on
  • PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 9,866

It looks like I'm letting some tokens expire... Bought all but 2 products from the Dakota promotion, used the 1776 coupon yesterday when I bought the Presidential Bundle - Not enough discount triggers left to get good enough prices.

I hope this isn't what we are left with over the weekend.

• XiousDsXiousDs Posts: 237
    PerttiA said:

It looks like I'm letting some tokens expire... Bought all but 2 products from the Dakota promotion, used the 1776 coupon yesterday when I bought the Presidential Bundle - Not enough discount triggers left to get good enough prices.

I hope this isn't what we are left with over the weekend.

I was going to let my membership lapse for a while and did not buy anything yesterday before it did because the 1776 promo was not enough to move me. A bunch of what I possibly would have bought was a bunch of back burner daz plus items that would be good enough with all the discounts combined, but only 17 is not much. BUT apparently auto renewal was enabled and renewed at full price... with 0 tokens earned for spending $70. So now I have a ticket in to see if I can get a credit refund on the membership renewal and will just wait on buying anything until after it is all straightened out.
  • memcneil70memcneil70 Posts: 3,918

Charlie Judge said:

memcneil70 said:

It is still available. You have to buy one new bundle and two new individual items that were debute in the Dakota sale to get 36% off your entire cart including gift cards.

What bites is on the 3rd I bought the Cottage Flower Bundle, LY Thandi HD for G9F, and The Creative Cart - Tango Alpha's Modular Super Sets, along with DAZ+ items. Those were the only items from that day I had any interest in and liked. I am leary of 3DUniverse characters since I had one that was never fixed after having a ticket over a year and this bundle looks like a retread of previous ones, absolutely no interest in the pink bundle or the other two outfits. If the offer had been clear up-front and center, DAZ would have got a chunk of my money then. But not at this point. I will live with 'There is always another sale.' motto.

Thanks for trying to help me Charlie. 

Mary

Is it just me or does the new Jon Snow texture set look cheap as heck? Normally I get texture expansions because I feel like they look awesome and super professional. This one feels like it was thrown together with shaders from a MR pack. Then again, maybe it is because it is middle of the night, I'm groggy, and not wearing my glasses. Lol
  • Robert FreiseRobert Freise Posts: 4,330

Shouldn't Jon Outfit Textures Bundle have an EL license since everything that it's for are under an EL license

• TorquinoxTorquinox Posts: 2,944

No idea. Wishlisted Hexenblade - Looks outstanding!

Torquinox said:

No idea. Wishlisted Hexenblade - Looks outstanding!

I wishlisted that too. Also, my guess is that since the new texture set causes the armor to look nothing like the G0T IP that it negates the editorial license. Much of the editorial license stuff has a base model/texture/version that is a full license, then the special texture matches an IP so that has the editorial license. So if you apply the do it yourself textures to the outfit, the outfit no longer matches the IP, and would no longer be editorial restricted. Think of the x-wing flight suits. They only have an editorial lisence applied to the texture set that makes them look like x-wing pilot flight suits. The other textures that look cool but different dont have the restricted liscense. That is my guess at least. I am sure one of the mod folks can confirm this thought.
  • felisfelis Posts: 3,928

It has previously been said, that if a product has editorial license, it would keep being editorial even if surfaces was changed.

If Daz has changed their mind on that I don't know.

• joannajoanna Posts: 1,172

felis said:

It has previously been said, that if a product has editorial license, it would keep being editorial even if surfaces was changed.

I think it depends on whether you're talking about products or users.

So, if you, as a user, buy an EL product and change materials, colors etc., this is still an EL product. There's no way around it.

At the same time, Daz had previous released non-EL main products and then accompanying texture addons that were ELs. Recent bundle had an EL main product, though, and then non-EL addon.

• DarkS474DarkS474 Posts: 151

Interactive Licenses are not getting discounted. Only 3D Printing licenses have the 40% off default so up to 70% off right now...

joanna said:

So, if you, as a user, buy an EL product and change materials, colors etc., this is still an EL product. There's no way around it.

At the same time, Daz had previous released non-EL main products and then accompanying texture addons that were ELs. Recent bundle had an EL main product, though, and then non-EL addon.

Angels dancing on the head of a pin, methinks. For me, if there's EL anywhere in the chain, it's EL and I'm not buying it. I wonder if that's still a rational position? I wonder other things, too. >_>

As customers, we were probably better off when things were "inspired by," close but no cigar. That's still a thing! DZFire is a master at that sort of thing - close but no cigar, this is clearly inspired by but also not The Original Thing. There are 2 or 3 Razorcrest-inspired gunships in the store. I bought one. It's nice. The textures are all png format with the associated bloat in file size. That's not so nice, but ok.

Since my favorites are not represented anywhere that I'm aware, maybe I should get busy filing the serial numbers off of some of them - Could be done. Perhaps I could even sell a copy or two... devil

joanna said:

felis said:

My interpretation is that the textures themselves don't need an editorial license; but since they are applied to an item that has an editorial license the net result still is subject to the editorial license. This makes purchase of the additional licenses for the textures somewhat meaningless.

In other news, there's an 80% off a bundle sale for the day - Requires coupon code, stacks with tokens, not sure what else.

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 98,159

Yes, if the base product is under an Editorial License there is no way to lift that, regardless of which texturs are used - but if the texture add-on could be used in a way that didn't require the base model that would be free of the editorial restrictions. Including anything with an Editorial License means that the whole scene is governed by that license.

DarkS474 said:

Interactive Licenses are not getting discounted. Only 3D Printing licenses have the 40% off default so up to 70% off right now...

Reported, thank you.

Yes, if the base product is under an Editorial License there is no way to lift that, regardless of which texturs are used - but if the texture add-on could be used in a way that didn't require the base model that would be free of the editorial restrictions. Including anything with an Editorial License means that the whole scene is governed by that license.

So question. Wagner has one outfit in the night crawler theme addon bundle with editorial liscence. The other items in the night crawler (demon) addon bundle have the normal license. So when buying the pro bundle the only thing affected by the editorial license is just the one single night crawler xmen outfit, correct? Everything else is fare game to include in commercial renders?
  • Robert FreiseRobert Freise Posts: 4,330

Richard Haseltine said:

Which puts those textures in the EL realm as they require the EL licensed base model 

Richard Haseltine said:

Which puts those textures in the EL realm as they require the EL licensed base model 

I mean you could make your own model with similar dimensions or find an armor with similar setup where the texture was possibly passible, but the likelihood of that occurring especially for a bla set of textures is near 0.

XiousDs said:

Richard Haseltine said:

So question. Wagner has one outfit in the night crawler theme addon bundle with editorial liscence. The other items in the night crawler (demon) addon bundle have the normal license. So when buying the pro bundle the only thing affected by the editorial license is just the one single night crawler xmen outfit, correct? Everything else is fare game to include in commercial renders?

Right. It is only the items with editorial Licenses, or their add-ons, thata re restricted - it doesn't extend to indepenent, standard license items in a bundle with Editorial License items

• joannajoanna Posts: 1,172

Well, the same (and thus invalid for 3 days if you used it on the first day) wishlist coupon code made me not purchase anything since Thursday, even though there were new releases that I was inclined to get. Since the only thing the new releases discount is themselves and wishlist items with the invalid code, there isn't really much incentive in getting them now.

(Yes, I know they discount Daz+ items too, but this is more of an offer to non-Daz+ members or new members than to anyone with longstanding membership as they probably have most of what they want already.)

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 9,866

joanna said:

Well, the same (and thus invalid for 3 days if you used it on the first day) wishlist coupon code made me not purchase anything since Thursday, even though there were new releases that I was inclined to get. Since the only thing the new releases discount is themselves and wishlist items with the invalid code, there isn't really much incentive in getting them now.

Same... I already let two tokens expire at the end of friday and one more today because the remaining offers are just not good enough. 

So the next big set of sales should be in September, right? Then most of November-December.
  • KerseyKersey Posts: 56

joanna said:

(Yes, I know they discount Daz+ items too, but this is more of an offer to non-Daz+ members or new members than to anyone with longstanding membership as they probably have most of what they want already.)

Yes, someone didn't think that through. Making a whishlist code that only works once, and then prolong the sale for the whole weekend. 

edited 1:57PM

XiousDs said:

So the next big set of sales should be in September, right? Then most of November-December.

Don't forget the DAZ+ Anniversary sale which is usually in October. 

Post edited by Charlie Judge at