There's Always Another Sale Thread -- Discussions Only Pt 3

Comments

• TorquinoxTorquinox Posts: 2,944

Must buy unwanted child figures or more flora to do any of this. No thanks

• Charlie JudgeCharlie Judge Posts: 12,510

Torquinox said:

Yes, but purchashing a couple of unwanted items may result in a lower cart price than if they were not included in your cart.  Of course your milage may vary depending on what else you want to buy.

• Yeah, no matter the combo or checking for new/plus/favorite artist, would it give me the extra discount. Not the new Plus items, or even just a debut new. All the wish list things stayed the listed price for me. 

theflarf said:

miladyderyni_173d399f47 said:

The 2 new Daz+ freebies will trigger the 65% off discount on wishlist items. This doesn't happen often.

This doesn't appear to be the case for me :\ 

• paulawp (marahzen)paulawp (marahzen) Posts: 1,233

Charlie Judge said:

Torquinox said:

Yes, but purchashing a couple of unwanted items may result in a lower cart price than if they were not included in your cart.  Of course your milage may vary depending on what else you want to buy.

Speaking for myself, I buy flora anyway, and I'm using today's new flora item to help trigger 20% off a gift card that will save a lot more than the cost of said flora. Not only that, the cart tops off my tokens for tomorrow - in case they decide to toss us a better sale than last month's sadly uninspiring fare. (I know I said not long ago that I don't use gift cards - I am still learning to use gift card balances responsibly, but I see the benefit.)

paulawp (marahzen) said:

Charlie Judge said:

Torquinox said:

Speaking for myself, I buy flora anyway, and I'm using today's new flora item to help trigger 20% off a gift card that will save a lot more than the cost of said flora. Not only that, the cart tops off my tokens for tomorrow - in case they decide to toss us a better sale than last month's sadly uninspiring fare. (I know I said not long ago that I don't use gift cards - I am still learning to use gift card balances responsibly, but I see the benefit.)

Thanks all, I get it. I don't feel the need to stretch right now. I got some tokens for tomorrow (Shocking!) and I have some store credit (Yay!). I also procured a lot of the stuff that was really must-have for me off my WL - There are still a few things that would woo me - Just not today. I can float along and cherry-pick for a while. Plus I need to play with the toys I've got before getting more. We'll see how that goes. 

• TomhipTomhip Posts: 302

I would say if you are looking to get a fat GC then 36% off is as good as as you can possibly get (untill daz does oppsie again :P), the buy in comes down to $15 so as long as youre getting GC over $42 you get a discount as opposed to not getting them.

@tomhip 36% off is great. Hard to ignore, too

• XiousDsXiousDs Posts: 237
    edited July 3
    Torquinox said:

@tomhip 36% off is great. Hard to ignore, too

I almost got a gift card when I saw the message about 36% off earlier. I tested and it showed it as 36% off. Just decided now to get a gift card, but it is not 36% off with buying both. So... I decided not to get a gift card. Lol. *nvm* Still works. You just need 2 items and a bundle.
    Post edited by XiousDs on
  • davesodaveso Posts: 6,608

buy ins to save a buck not my cup of tea unless the return is worth it. if i buy a 100$ GC at 36% off, that's $64, plus the 46 or whatever you have to pay to get that discount ... so $110 for a $100 GC ???? I'm not seeing a great return here. How big a GC to make it worthwhile? $200 GC would cost 128 + 46 =174, sp at least you get $26 savings... I guess thats 13% ? 

daveso said:

buy ins to save a buck not my cup of tea unless the return is worth it. if i buy a 100$ GC at 36% off, that's $64, plus the 46 or whatever you have to pay to get that discount ... so $110 for a $100 GC ???? I'm not seeing a great return here. How big a GC to make it worthwhile? $200 GC would cost 128 + 46 =174, sp at least you get $26 savings... I guess thats 13% ? 

For me the buy in would be only $21 and change. The flower bundle and 2 of the stand alone outfits since I currently have daz+ discount still. No tokens.
  • barbultbarbult Posts: 23,492

daveso said:

Don't forget that those two 20% off also apply to the buyin items in your cart, so the buyin is much less than the advertised price of those items, too.

• tsroemitsroemi Posts: 2,583

barbult said:

daveso said:

Don't forget that those two 20% off also apply to the buyin items in your cart, so the buyin is much less than the advertised price of those items, too.

For me, it worked with 1 bundle (flowers) and 1 buy-in (hair), and I would have bought the flowers anyway and can always use more hair. And the return I got buying a 200 dollar GC with 36% off was really good, I threw in lots of other stuff from my WL that suddenly also gave good discounts, and in the end spent something like 180 dollars altogether, so still had 20 'leftover' from the GC discount, so to speak.  

But now, DAZ, Meshgrabber 2 please! We've waited long enough methinks! 

I found the smallest button is around $15 w/todays discounts applied. I have other demands, so it doesn't make sense to get a gc big enough to make it all worthwhile. Thus I pass, too. indecision

• Charlie JudgeCharlie Judge Posts: 12,510

tsroemi said:

barbult said:

daveso said:

For me, it worked with 1 bundle (flowers) and 1 buy-in (hair), and I would have bought the flowers anyway and can always use more hair. And the return I got buying a 200 dollar GC with 36% off was really good, I threw in lots of other stuff from my WL that suddenly also gave good discounts, and in the end spent something like 180 dollars altogether, so still had 20 'leftover' from the GC discount, so to speak.  

That was earlier. DAZ 'fixed' it so now you need one bundle and two individual items to trigger the 36% off your cart. Still not a bad deal though. 

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,777

daveso said:

...this has been  my point about buy ins as well, particularly being someone on a budget who cannot afford to load up a cart to make a high buy in cost worth it. .  

That said on Tuesday manage to get D Master's and Zev0's Auto Life HD for Genesis 8 Females for less than the "recent best" price along with that day's PC+ item (Medieval City Buildings 1 which I easily would use). on the wishlist sale, Both together came to about 1$ less than the 50% base discount without.  So I managed to cover the cost of the buy in as well and got two good items..

Sometimes it happens.

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 9,866
    edited July 3

Charlie Judge said:

That was earlier. DAZ 'fixed' it so now you need one bundle and two individual items to trigger the 36% off your cart. Still not a bad deal though. 

Yeah, sometimes it pays to be awake while US is asleep cheeky

Cart total was $154.56, the items were Petunias Bundle and Lyra Outfit ($15.04) and I got $218 worth of store credit = I got the items for free and $63.44 free credit on top.
    (No tokens were used)

Post edited by PerttiA on
  • tsroemitsroemi Posts: 2,583

PerttiA said:

Charlie Judge said:

Yeah, sometimes it pays to be awake while US is asleep cheeky

Cart total was $154.56, the items were Petunias Bundle and Lyra Outfit ($15.04) and I got $218 worth of store credit = I got the items for free and $63.44 free credit on top.

Oh sorry, I didn't realize. PerttiA's right though, for once it's been useful to be European here yes

kyoto kid said:

daveso said:

...this has been  my point about buy ins as well, particularly being someone on a budget who cannot afford to load up a cart to make a high buy in cost worth it. .  

That said on Tuesday manage to get D Master's and Zev0's Auto Life HD for Genesis 8 Females for less than the "recent best" price along with that day's PC+ item (Medieval City Buildings 1 which I easily would use). on the wishlist sale, Both together came to about 1$ less than the 50% base discount without.  So I managed to cover the cost of the buy in as well and got two good items..

Sometimes it happens.

there is no way I would buy a $200 GC, so most of these type of buyins are not good for me. I'll have to try it out though to see what comes up, as an experiment 

i did save a ton though ... put the flower bundle and 2 other new releases, got the discount so that part was $22. The GC was 64 --cart total $94 with the other stuff I had in there. Then I deleted the GC, and the 3 buyin products, bringing my checkout total to $9.82. Now that is a great savings. laugh

• TomhipTomhip Posts: 302

The one disadvantage in all of this is that the sale expected tomorrow will probably be heavily scrutinised :/

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,777

daveso said:

kyoto kid said:

daveso said:

Sometimes it happens.

there is no way I would buy a $200 GC, so most of these type of buyins are not good for me. I'll have to try it out though to see what comes up, as an experiment 

...I think the most expensive a GC I bought was was 120$  

Well I put it off all day and the 36% was available still, so I got $590 gift card. Well technically a $500 and a $90 with the same $21 buy in for the discount. Now we will see what tomorrow brings. Lol
    edited July 4

XiousDs said:

Well I put it off all day and the 36% was available still, so I got $590 gift card. Well technically a $500 and a $90 with the same $21 buy in for the discount. Now we will see what tomorrow brings. Lol

Right! That's what I'm not doing, though it does make the buy-in totally worthwhile. Good job! That's the way to maximize the discount.

Post edited by Torquinox on
    Torquinox said:

XiousDs said:

Right! That's what I'm not doing, though it does make the buy-in totally worthwhile. Good job! That's the way to maximize the discount.

Well hopefully I will be good through the end of the year and part of next now! Lol
  • PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 9,866

XiousDs said:

Torquinox said:

XiousDs said:

Well hopefully I will be good through the end of the year and part of next now! Lol

The supposedly best sales are still ahead. 

XiousDs said:

Torquinox said:

XiousDs said:

I ended up doing a similar splurge but I have terrible self-control with store credit. 

paulawp (marahzen) said;

I ended up doing a similar splurge but I have terrible self-control with store credit. 

I kinda wanted to but I have other stuff on my radar; and I also really didn't want to. It's complicated. blush I have reasonably good control of store credit, though I still end up buying more stuff when I've got what a seems like a lot of credit. So, I'll stay where I am for now.

• SilverGirlSilverGirl Posts: 446

I think I'm an odd duck... I like having store credit because (aside from the discount and the convenience of not having a bunch of little charges on my card) that's my budget, and I can see how much I will have left after a purchase. Is it worth it to be down to that? Maybe yes, maybe no...

XiousDs said:

Torquinox said:

XiousDs said:

I usually don't move unless I feel like I am getting a really good deal, but I do have a tendency to pull triggers on things at a less of a good deal because I end up factoring the original discount I got on the credit rather than just on the items. That said, kind of torn as I probably won't buy anything for a while until the next good daz plus membership deal, so I have to fight the urge to not go crazy buying stuff today. But, I am really thinking about picking up the ground decal sets from MartinJFrost and ultra scenery sets I don't have. My understanding is all of the original ultrascenery sets work with ultra scenery 2, correct? I have not gotten 2 yet, but figure I will eventually.

XiousDs said:

paulawp (marahzen) said:

XiousDs said:

Torquinox said:

XiousDs said:

I usually don't move unless I feel like I am getting a really good deal, but I do have a tendency to pull triggers on things at a less of a good deal because I end up factoring the original discount I got on the credit rather than just on the items. That said, kind of torn as I probably won't buy anything for a while until the next good daz plus membership deal, so I have to fight the urge to not go crazy buying stuff today. But, I am really thinking about picking up the ground decal sets from MartinJFrost and ultra scenery sets I don't have. My understanding is all of the original ultrascenery sets work with ultra scenery 2, correct? I have not gotten 2 yet, but figure I will eventually.

Come check out the Ultrascenery thread. Here is the page from when USC2 came out:

UltraScenery - new(er) territory [Commercial] - Page 19 - Daz 3D Forums

In short, yes, you can use your original ecologies with USC2, although some of the new features only work for USC2 ecologies. Unfortunately, the toolboxes for the original Ultrascenery don't work for USC2, though the word is, USC2 toolboxes are being worked on now.