Show Us Your Bryce Renders Part 13

Comments

• adbcadbc Posts: 3,115

Horo : amazing and cool are indeed the right words for the icy world landscape.

mermaid : fantastic coloured abstract.

• HoroHoro Posts: 10,530

Thank you adbc.

• mermaid010mermaid010 Posts: 5,381
    edited April 22

NGartplay said:

How did you do that mermaid?

It’s a very simple setup, the cube and camera are at the world center, camera rotated on all axis 0.01, however I made a mistake it the 9th material in the 1st row. I may have added a Radial, I can’t really check because forgot to save the file. blush

Eta: I may have added transparency to the material. I'm working another abstract using a similiar setup,

for-ng.jpg
    655 x 510 - 203K
    Post edited by mermaid010 on

Thanks Identifiant, Horo and Adbc for your nice comments.

• NGartplayNGartplay Posts: 3,076

Thanks mermaid, I like how it looks 2D.  Made me think how that setup could be used to create cartoons.

edited April 22

The objects were modelled in Wings3D (actually following a video tutorial by David Brinnen for the Bryce Mentoring DVD2 that was never published, but the Wings3D he used was 12 years older than the one I have installed and some options have changed, others disappeared and therefore my results are quite different) and given materials from 50 Metals The Treppenhalle Set. They stand on a seamless backdrop by Art Wade. Light and backdrop by an unpublished HDRI and specular by the sun. Below the anaglyph showing the geometry of the objects better.

Two Weirdos

Two Weirdos Anaglyph

TwoWeirdos.jpg
    1200 x 780 - 159K
    TwoWeirdosAna.jpg
    1200 x 780 - 190K
    Post edited by Horo on
    edited April 22

Horo – well-presented objects the materials and lighting are perfect, superb anaglyph.

Yet another abstract using a material I made following one of David’s tutorials, not sure which one, again a cube and the camera are in the world center; lit by the AlienRoom Hdri, the 2nd same setting but 4:3 panorama.

abstract73-alienroom.jpg
    700 x 700 - 683K
    abstract73-panorama.jpg
    933 x 700 - 952K

Horo, such cool 'figures.'  The one on the right could be a bug.  They pop off of the page, too.

mermaid, wonderful, glassy images.  I don't have a favorite.  I think that they're both fanstastic.

• TeobaldoTeobaldo Posts: 28
    edited April 22

Horo: Beautiful works, from the fish to the frozen terrain and the rare objects made in Wings3D.

adbc: The composition of the space station on the ground is very nice.

mermaid010: The vessels look like the cover of an archeology book and the abstracts are great (the first one reminded me of the cover of a CD I have).

Electro-Elvis: Poor gnome, he looks very lonely in the middle of nature.

Hansmar: Beautiful collection of landscapes, I especially liked the third and fourth.

I present to you a landscape of an alien world with Deep Space HDRI. The terrain and texture are standard produced by Bryce when creating it, I liked it as it was created and left it that way. I think I'll use it as the cover of a next book.

Post edited by Teobaldo on

Horo: fantastic 'origami' like objects, beautiful colours and lighting, perfect anaglyph.

mermaid : lovely and colourful abstracts, love them both.

Teobaldo : That alien world is superbly done. Thank you for your comment.

mermaid - thank you. Very cool abstract, the panorama also looks great.

NGartplay - thank you.

Teobaldo - thank you. Very alien look of  that sci-fi scene, I like the uncommon idea.

adbc - thank you.

Thanks NGartplay, Teobaldo, Adbc and Horo

Teobaldo - fantastic sci-fi alien world. 

Hey Teo, awesome space and planet.  Like how the green planet  is roiling.

edited April 23

The author of the terrain is unknown. The material is from Landscapes under Fantastic Skies and the Martial Colonial City by Herminio Nieves 2013 has a material from 50 Metals The Treppenhalle Set. Ambient light by an HDRI from HDRI Enhanced Skies and the key light by the sun.

Crater with Peak
    A problem I have never experienced occurred. Rendering Regular was no problem but rendering the scene Premium with soft shadows made Bryce go into an infinite loop at 25%, actually on top of the image and Bryce had to be aborted. The issue appeared only on the top few lines. Finally, I had to render the scene Regular, then enabling Premium and Soft shadows than plop-render from a few lines below the top the rest of the image. No problem and on the top few rows are only haze anyway.

CraterWithPeak.jpg
    1200 x 780 - 209K
    Post edited by Horo on

Horo, this is one of my favorites of your landscapes.  Love the shape of this and the alien look of it.

• @Horo.. you're the boss.. <3

A superb scene Horo, between sci-fi and realism, very nice materials and textures

Thank you NGartplay and mermaid.

Identifiant - thank you. No, I'm not the boss, not at all, just a dabbler laugh

Horo : fantastic terrain shape, the materials and the lighting are awesome. Impressive alien/realistic scene.

Thank you adbc.

edited April 25

The terrain was self made from 16 1024 x 1024 terrain tiles combined with 4 2048 x 2048 tiles to a 4096 x 4096 terrain, given a material put together from High Resolution Terrains 1, Landscapes under Fantastic Skies and Grand Mountains. The water is mine. Sky and ambient light by an HDRI from Terrain Stacking and the key light by the sun.

Inhospitable

Inhospitable.jpg
    1200 x 800 - 219K
    Post edited by Horo on
    edited April 25

Wow Horo another fantastic landscape, it outstanding. I love how you mix your materials from the different sets.

Great looking landscape, Horo.

Thank you mermaid and NGartplay.

edited April 26

Horo : impressive landscape, I agree with mermaid about mixing materials.

inspired by mermaid, tried out the tec material on a cube, added a sphere, 1 radial light and an HDRI

mosaic.jpg
    950 x 558 - 96K
    Post edited by adbc on

Wow beautiful Adbc looks like a crystal flower

adbc - thank you. Great abstract with all those patterns.

adbc, the trapezoidal looks that you achieved, is fantastic.  Looks like you made each piece separately.

adbc, the trapezoidal looks that you achieved, is fantastic.  Looks like you made each piece separately.

mermaid, Horo, NGartplay : thank you for your comment.