Introduce Yourself, Hello, my name is.....

Comments

• Miss BMiss B Posts: 3,071
    edited December 1969

Welcome to the DAZ forums Mike. As I can see, you've already found your latest addiction.. :coolsmirk:

I've also noticed you've already found the helpful folks here on the forum who are knowledgeable and eager to help out the n00bs. :coolsmile:

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,925
    edited December 1969

Welcome to the forums Mike. We have a great group of people here to help you out with almost any problem you come across so join them in the New Users Forum and ask away.

• MN-150374MN-150374 Posts: 923
    edited December 1969

Thanks for the kind welcome! :)

• ivanenglerivanengler Posts: 1
    edited April 2014

hello!

my name is IVAN ENGLER and i'm a producer / director based in zurich, switzerland.

i'm URGENTLY looking for a DAZ artist who can help me animate & render a catwalk model (similar to skamotion.com/V5walk.php)

this is a PAYED job.

please send inquiries to ivanengler (at) visualsciencen.net

THANK YOU

Post edited by ivanengler on
    edited April 2014

Welcome to the DAZ forums Ivan, and welcome to your latest addiction. :coolsmile:

If you have questions about 3D graphics in general, or any of the DAZ3D 3D software apps specifically, be sure to visit the New Users Help Forum, as there are lot of friendly helpful folks that hang out there.

Post edited by Miss B on
  • XxGreyxXXxGreyxX Posts: 14
    edited December 1969

Hello, everyone. My name is Davie, otherwise known as XxGreyxX. I was a flash animator until about 2008 when I was introduced to Blender and Poser 8. Three years later, I discovered Daz studio and I was so impressed on how well it handled toon rendering I was totally hooked. Currently, I using Daz Studio to create a short film and hopefully a future webcomic.

For examples of my work check out - http://xxgrey-matterxx.deviantart.com/ or http://www.daz3d.com/gallery/#users/6532/
    For examples of my animation check out - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7h-7--h8sb4 & https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=He-gM4LclhQ

Nice to meet you all! :coolgrin:

edited December 1969

Hey Davie, welcome to the DAZ3D forums. If you have any questions at all, be sure to stop into the New Users Help Forum, though if you've been using Poser and DS for a while now, you'll probably be able to answer n00bie questions instead of having to ask them. :coolsmile:

edited December 1969

Welcome to the forums Davie

• Ariella CandelariaAriella Candelaria Posts: 17
    edited May 2014

Hello,
    my name is Ariela
    And I thought I'd introduce myself properly.
    I will be 30 years old soon and have a painful terminal illness(which attacks the nerves, the bones and the muscles. I been give 5 or so years which most tell me is good news. I have a weakness for Daz Studio. I have been with Daz for 6 years but have been ill often.
    I am on low income and have Many bills to pay. I am a photographer and hopefully an author soon. Daz Studio and messing around with 3d Art is sometimes all that keeps me going. I wish I could make my own clothes and items but fined Hexagon 2.5 complicated. I am also trying (and failing) to make a 3d model (genesis 1 or 2) of Benedict Cumberbatch as I'd love to make Sherlock Fan Art. So if Anyone could help me I be glad to give credit!

Well that's my story!

Ariela

Post edited by Ariella Candelaria on
  • MilosGulanMilosGulan Posts: 1,955
    edited December 1969

I am sorry to hear that and i really wish you all best. I am new to this forum too so i guess it is better introduce myself sooner then later. My name is Miloš Gulan, i am now almost 37 and i am coming from a small seaside town in Montenegro, Herceg Novi. I hope i will learn to use Daz Studio and my work with it is mostly hobby for now though i would like to do something more serious in the future. I am trying to improve my knowledge in webdesign and also to work with art and computer games though in the summer i am mostly running a small beach near my home for 3rd year now, and have a small house that we use as touristic accomodations during summer season.

Here is my Facebook profile where i can be seen https://www.facebook.com/mgulan1 and beside that my hobby is RPG and i have published 2006. probably the first RPG system in my language (that is Serbian and Croatian, which is basicaly the same only called differently, and also in differently called languages like Bosnian and Montenegrin). I am speaking English for 20+ years and beside that i also have learned a bit of French, Italian (only little of Spanish and Portuguese), Greek and Russian (only little Polish, Czechoslovakian, Bulgarian, ect), and lately i was planing to learn Japanese and Chinese and German though i guess those first two will not be easy. Also lately i was trying to make my own computer games, but i still have a lot to learn about that, beside working on my english version of RPG which was till now mostly one man work.

I guess that is all :)

• khaliblookhalibloo Posts: 76
    edited December 1969

i hardly count as a noob, but wouldn't miss the chance to say hello
    i'm khali, 21 years old from Nigeria

Yeah, i've already met lots of helpful people on this forum...

@Ariela, there are other modeling apps out there. Free too. I use blender, personally. But i'd recommend wings3D or Sketchup. They are both hopefully easier to learn than hexagon or blender. You'll be making your own clothes in no time!
    As for the sherlock part, sorry i'm not that good with replicating real faces :)
    good luck! and stay strong.

• GregoGrego Posts: 12
    edited December 1969

Hello everyone, my name is Grego, from now I will be for this community.
    I have found that there are very capable people; that help me by sharing their knowledge.

Thanks people.

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

Nice to see you here Grego, and Welcome!

I hope you enjoy your stay, and get a lot of use out of the forums.

• avheadspaceavheadspace Posts: 4
    edited December 1969

Hi All,

My name is Darien and I am a complete Noobie to Daz, but fast becoming an avid advocate of it.

Creatively, I'm pretty multi-disciplinary (draughtsman, musician, set/prop designer, in-camera effects) but ultimately I'm a filmmaker. The things, not just films, that inspire me are works of "art" that inspire palpable, emotive reactions in their audiences. I like to be inspired, but I also like to be challenged.

So, I'm on day 2 of using Daz and I'm actually using it for a particular project but there's a lot to understand so my hope is the kind forum members with more experience might betroth some of their wisdom on my fledgling efforts.

I'm making a graphic novel (using Manga Studio 5ex) that's also a storyboard for a feature film and I decided that in context, it would be great and appropriate for me to do all of one specific character in Daz. It's probably too early to start asking questions (?) but I have a lot already (I'm one of those annoying people that likes to ask a lot) and hope you'll accomodate.

In the meantime, I'll leave you with a little spot I made to challenge people to not let Boring into their lives. Anthropomorphism nicely sums up the life we try and give to all our creative endeavours before they become reality.

http://vimeo.com/80613308

Look forward to making your acquaintances!

edited December 1969

Hello Darien, very nice to meet you here.

There are lots of members here who create animations and comics, so you should be able to get answers to your questions. Interesting Vimeo clip too, with a very nice retro feel to it.

I look forward to seeing you on the forums.

• avheadspaceavheadspace Posts: 4
    edited December 1969

Great to meet you Jimmy. That's good news. Glad you liked the video. It was a lot of fun to make, but the most challenging part was the shot in which 17 school kids raise their heads. with about 5 tracked movements for each kid you can guess how long it took. It was also my first edit in FCPX which was, how shall I put it, interesting...

edited December 1969

Hey Darien, welcome to the DAZ forums. A good place to get answers to your questions is the New Users Help Forum, as there are lots of very friendly, helpful folks who hang out there. :coolsmile:

• asilyadasilyad Posts: 2
    edited December 1969

Come on in and tell us about yourself!

Who are you? What inspires your artistic aspirations? Is Meatloaf your favorite food or favorite musician? What makes you the unique and lovable individual you are?

So drop on by, pull up a chair, and fill us in. We'd be very pleased to meet you!

Hi! I go by asilyad in here. I'm fat, fifty-something, and still learning new tricks. I'm gonna have LLLOOOOOTTSS of questions. First one being whether or not I can play with more than one doll at a time in my dioramas. What? Every great super hero has a groupie/sidekick/partner/apprentice, and what villain doesn't have at least one minion? And come on--you can't have cool fight scenes with only one person. :-S

I also admit to being a trifle lazy. I do have Blender, but every tutorial begins with a box. I'd rather have a collection of prototypes that can be tweaked into individuals. Why reinvent the wheel every time you need a windshield wiper?

So, here I am, trying something new, hoping it's fun. :lol:

• khaliblookhalibloo Posts: 76
    edited May 2014

Hi there, asilyad. Welcome :)
    Sure you can have as many characters as you want in a scene. The only limiting factor would be your computer's hardware. If it starts getting laggy, then you know you're close to your limit. Then you should lower the resolutions of the characters (and their clothes) and add still more characters. When it gets laggy again, you've reached your limit.

Blender is extremely powerful once you take the time to learn it. i assure you it's worth it. It took me an eternity to become fluent in Blender, and i've since enjoyed every minute of it.

And oh yeah! it's awesome fun!!! :D
    looking forward to seeing your renders

Don't be fooled by my number of posts here :) i'm older than i look

Post edited by khalibloo on
    edited December 1969

Welcome to the DAZ3D forums asilyad. If you have any question at all, visit the New Users Help Forum. We have a lot of friendly knowledgeable folks who hang out there. :coolsmile:

• ANenaStudiosANenaStudios Posts: 29
    edited December 1969

Hello everyone!
    I am Fuego. What inspires my artistic aspirations is the ability to create digital art. I love creating colorful art with people, animals, fashion and nature. :-)This is my gallery page http://www.daz3d.com/gallery/users/37373

edited December 1969

Hi Fuego, welcome to the DAZ forums. You have some really nice renders in your gallery. I especially like Here is the Bride. :coolsmile:

• ANenaStudiosANenaStudios Posts: 29
    edited December 1969

Thanks Miss B! I Love your art!! :)

• epicundead1epicundead1 Posts: 2
    edited December 1969

Hello to all of you talented individuals :) My name is Jeff/Jeph. I'm just a newb here, but I've been texturing and playing around with 3D programs for about 5 or 6 years now. I love expressing my creativity through forms like music, drawing, painting, 3D design and animation, even building structures outdoors. Loving this program so far and hope to expand my resources for creating on this, soon. There are some really talented people here. The artists really put a lot of themselves into their products. Keep up the great work (If you read this) I'm also a pretty big gamer and zombie enthusiast. lol :P

edited December 1969

Welcome to the forums Jeff, and I hope you enjoy it here.

We have an Animation forum here, and a New Users Forum too, any questions, just let us know.

See you on the forums!

edited December 1969

zuridy said:
    Thanks Miss B! I Love your art!! :)

Thank you, and you reminded me I have to update the gallery with some newer renders. :coolsmirk:
  • epicundead1epicundead1 Posts: 2
    edited December 1969

Welcome to the forums Jeff, and I hope you enjoy it here.

We have an Animation forum here, and a New Users Forum too, any questions, just let us know.

See you on the forums!

Thanks Jim! :) Seems like a great community.

• ceo-2519841ceo-2519841 Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Hello,

I am CEO of Vontarga Technologies, Inc., a company developing technologies with a focus on education, entertainment and communications.

We are looking for avatars we can use with Unity 3D. Right now we need a male and female avatar that can be intergrated into Unity's UMA.

I am interested in contracting for work to assist us with this project.

Thank you.

• luloot19luloot19 Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Hi,
    My name is Berthony. My ultimate goal is to use 3D models to create virtual dynamic classrooms for Luloot Academy (http://luloot.com). I am hoping this community has the right tools and materials for me to accomplish that. I will need kids, teens, and adult models of different races. If anyone sees any appropriate resources for this purpose, I would really appreciate some suggestions.
    Thank you!

edited December 1969

Welcome Berthony. The DAZ store has all you would need. If you have any questions or problems join us in the New User Forum.