Introduce Yourself, Hello, my name is.....

Comments

• TotteTotte Posts: 13,690
    edited December 1969

hrdessau said:
    [email protected]

I am a novice aspiring multimedia artist, a former engineer. I am learning DAZStudio and Carrara/MIMIC.

Unfortunately, I ran into a little problem requiring some advice and help. DAZSudio 4.6 v 108 seemed to work
    just fine when installed with the DAZ installer 108. However, now we have DAZStudio 109 which crashes on my
    Mac OS 9 platform when installed with the currently available DAZ installer 108.

Is my experience unique? Should I wait for DAZ to develop a v 109 installer?
    Should I consider a Bitrock installer and start over from scratch? It is unclear how a Bitrock installer
    work work with a DAZ Studio download.

Alternately, should I pursue another route, perhaps starting with Poser and a Smith Micro installer?

So which DS version do you have? I think the latest released beta is 4.6.2.106 AFAIK.
    And did you install via DIM or via Installer?
    And is "Mac OS 9" Mac OS X 10.9 or Mac OS 9?

• DymetreusDymetreus Posts: 0
    edited January 2014

Greetings one and all, I'm Dymetreus. To answer the OP's question of where I get my artistic aspirations, it's from my friends and the people who look at my creations and tell me how I could've done things better. Simply speaking I enjoy bringing out my creative side. However that is not to say I'm experienced at 3D Modeling, no no no. I'm quite the opposite.

I'm completely new to it, recently inspired to give it my all. I'm here to ask questions and hopefully begin making things I am envisioning into a virtual world.

Also... I can't change my username, and for some odd reason the D is lowercase.. this annoys me /greatly/..

Post edited by Dymetreus on
  • JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Welcome, and the good thing about DAZ Studio is its all made for us. We only have to set it up, pose it, light it and render. Then we can also play at making our own stuff to and use the tools in DS to finish them to really good items if we like.

Welcome to 3D and I hope you enjoy it as much as I do.

• DymetreusDymetreus Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

I must admit, I don't really understand what you said precisely. While I think I get it, if it's what I'm thinking of then my reply would be that I wish to make my own models. o.o

Though a good reference never hurts.

edited December 1969

Well DAZ Studio is not a Modeling Program. DS is used to create art from FINISHED mesh items in Poser or DAZ Studio format. To create content you will need a Mesh modeler like Hexagon (sold here), Blender (free on the net) Wings3D (also free) or another modeling program of your choice. DAZ Studio does have the tools to RIG items and much more but it does not have a Mesh modeler in it.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited February 2014

dymetreus said:
    Greetings one and all, I'm Dymetreus. To answer the OP's question of where I get my artistic aspirations, it's from my friends and the people who look at my creations and tell me how I could've done things better. Simply speaking I enjoy bringing out my creative side. However that is not to say I'm experienced at 3D Modeling, no no no. I'm quite the opposite.

I'm completely new to it, recently inspired to give it my all. I'm here to ask questions and hopefully begin making things I am envisioning into a virtual world.

Also... I can't change my username, and for some odd reason the D is lowercase.. this annoys me /greatly/..

Drop a PM to either Richard Haseltine or adamr001 and they can change the Username for you. At the moment they are assigned by default from your email address, which the store uses as your username. Give them that email when you PM, so they can trace you to change the forum Username, which can be completely different if you like.

Post edited by Chohole on
  • Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 98,166
    edited December 1969

chohole said:
    dymetreus said:

Drop a PM to either Richard Haseltine or adamr001 and they can change the Username for you. At the moment they are assigned by default from your email address, which the store uses as your username. Give them that email when you PM, so they can trace you to change the forum Username, which can be completely different if you like.

Changed the d to D.

• teumuhuriteumuhuri Posts: 1
    edited December 1969

Kia ora from New Zealand! Great to be here but feel a little out of my depth! Hoping there's plenty of help from the community. Take care!

edited December 1969

We Pride ourselves on helping others, by we I mean me, but many of us do it so... just visit the New Users Help Forum and help will be there when people can help. If they can't they will try to point you to the help that might help.

• Dean's WorkDean's Work Posts: 0
    edited February 2014

Hi everyone.

I'm Dean, and I just got DAZ 4.6 a few days ago. This is my first time working with any 3D program, and I'm really enjoying it. I also bought Bryce 7 Pro to make some scenery, but I haven't really started on that yet.

My background has been in TV/video production & editing for about 20 years, and now, I really want to get into a new art form.

I have been doing a bit (lots) of reading on the forum, and decided that I should finally introduce myself.

The picture I posted is the 4th one that I made, but it's the first one that doesn't violate the TOS partial nudity conditions. (I learned that the clothing must be fixed on the character before posing, otherwise I couldn't get it to conform.) It is the base Genesis 2 Female with some 3rd party additions.

long_hair_sword_r_sm.jpg
    800 x 1317 - 87K
    Post edited by Dean's Work on
    edited December 1969

Welcome to UN-LURK mode. And thank you for reading ahead. Lots of good info posted if you look.
    Nice 4th render. I do not think my 4th was TOS safe yet. :)

• Miss BMiss B Posts: 3,071
    edited December 1969

Welcome to the DAZ3D Forums Dymetreus, teumuhuri and dsmastern, and welcome to your latest addiction. :coolsmile:

• TheDarkerSideOfArtTheDarkerSideOfArt Posts: 84
    edited December 1969

Hi my name is Carlos/chucky also known as chk2033,
    been lurking in the background for a very long time,
    Been actually wanting to take the leap from Poser to Daz for a while now.
    I create some simple props n things (mostly created for Poser though)
    But I'm determined to create said props for Daz users also (without them having to fix it themselves)
    Any hoot...lots to learn about the way Daz mats and stuff like that work and hopefully I can pick up this software's way of doing things so I can get to creating....finaly :)

• drhippensteeldrhippensteel Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Hello folks, brand new user. Well, to be honest I just picked it up and am overwhelmed. My name is Daniel and I'm a have played RPG's since the first incarnation in the early 1970's. I've always wanted a way to draw my character and I have no artistic ability. I have visions but can never get beyond the stick figure version. Hopefully this will help but the options are unnerving!

There are so many choices and I have no idea what direction to go. What is this Michael 4, or 5, or 6. Which should I buy, why should I buy. Will it be better to buy 4 compared to 6? I honestly have no clue and if someone wants to send me a private message I'm more then willing to discuss what I want to do and see if I can get some good pointers.

I have the time right now to work on my character, waiting to see if the VA decides to replace my knee or not.

edited February 2014

Hi Doc welcome to the madness. See that good looking fellow over there
    <<<< that is My long time AD&D character who just happens to be my name sake.<br /> It really depends on your long term goals which content you will want. I have used the Gen 4's the Genesis 1 and Genesis 2 figures all, to do work for RPG style stuff. So it will come down to your goals and, well lets be honest, how much you wish to invest into the hobby.

Post edited by Jaderail on
  • frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,658
    edited December 1969

Hello Daniel. Welcome to the forums. If you have any questions be sure to come over to the new user forum and ask away. We have a dedicated group of people to answer any question you may have.

edited December 1969

Welcome to the DAZ forums Carlos and Daniel, and welcome to your latest addiction. :coolsmirk:

• domferdomfer Posts: 15
    edited December 1969

Hi everybody !

my name is Dom and I'm a french guy in Paris
    so I write and understand English as a french.. try to be nice with me !

I've a good experience with cinema 4D but I need to create a female statue in stone for one of my projects
    so I choose the DAZ solution and I found it pretty cool ! it makes one wanting to create and animate people !

I have just one question about the main philosophy of DAZ : when I buy for example a dress, is it useable for all the figure (genesis, victoria) or each cloth is useable only by one figures ??

sorry to have a question in me firt message

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

domfer said:
    Hi everybody !

my name is Dom and I'm a french guy in Paris
    so I write and understand English as a french.. try to be nice with me !

I've a good experience with cinema 4D but I need to create a female statue in stone for one of my projects
    so I choose the DAZ solution and I found it pretty cool ! it makes one wanting to create and animate people !

I have just one question about the main philosophy of DAZ : when I buy for example a dress, is it useable for all the figure (genesis, victoria) or each cloth is useable only by one figures ??

sorry to have a question in me firt message

We have a whole forum for you to ask all sorts of questions in, it is called the New Users Help Forum, http://www.daz3d.com/forums/categories/97/

However to partly answer your first question - V4 is an older generation, Genesis is the newer generation and Genesis 2 is the even newer one. Genesis clothing will not fit V4, but V4 clothing can be used on Genesis, mostly.

• domferdomfer Posts: 15
    edited December 1969

Ok thank you !
    Il'll move to the good forum !

dom

• phantem409phantem409 Posts: 1
    edited December 1969

Hi m is Ray and I am new to this but I was wondering if I can make and use these avitars in second life

edited December 1969

Only RENDERS or Animation is the Allowed use of DAZ 3D content. The EULA is pretty clear on that. Even a Gamers license will not allow use in Second Life. Besides Make human was BUILT for that, why not just use it?

edited December 1969

Welcome to the DAZ forums Dom and Phantem.

• dcalderonedcalderone Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Hello all, I'm Daniel. I've been really digging and using Daz3d for a little while now, and I'm totally into it. I always accidentally buy stuff in the marketplace. I's my trigger/ submit clicker finger. I am also a game game and application developer, (not that I've publish anything just of yet). I made and investment in unity game engine, and I am curious if full animations or 3d models can be exported to unity(including map and textures, but be transferred into a 3D model who has animation styles(running etc..) And then from unity they have tools that can take it from there.
    Also I dig collaboration, and am a big supporter of helping people stay informed. I'm always open to collaborate. I work with many people remotely, and will share all my knowledge of daz 3D workflow flow into Unity game engine, when I figure out the specifics. Just thought I would check here first if anyone has a direction to point me to I would also like to create assets for the daz3D marketplace. Hows the revenue, and is it a complicated process?

Any help would be a big help.

Daniel
    www.livinginthecloud.org

edited December 1969

Welcome to the DAZ3D Forums Daniel.

• dcalderonedcalderone Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Gratzie

• kjaviss-2470263kjaviss-2470263 Posts: 1
    edited December 1969

Hello Forum,

I am a complete newb to using DAZ 3D, but i am willing to learn which is why i am here. I have tried creating art with different applications such as blender, 3DS max and others. But Daz seems like it could be more my speed.

edited December 1969

Welcome to the DAZ 3D forums kjaviss, and welcome to your latest addiction.

One thing of note, whereas Blender and 3DS Max can do modelling, DAZ Studio cannot. That doesn't mean you can't group a collection of primitives to "form" an object, but it's not the same as modelling a complete mesh from scratch as in the software you've used before.

That said, if you have any questions, be sure to visit the New Users Help Forum, as there are a lot of very friendly, helpful folks who hang out there. :coolsmile:

edited December 1969

Welcome to the Nut House, grab a long sleeved jacket and get somebody to tie the sleeves in the back for you. Don't worry it's just to protect your arms as we bounce off the walls having fun in 3D.

• MN-150374MN-150374 Posts: 923
    edited December 1969

Hello DAZ-Forum,

my name is Mike. I´m living in Hamburg/Germany. As a CAD-Operator I´m kind of 3D-Professional, but sadly in a technical way not artistic. ;-)

Found DAZ Studio around two yeras ago and it´s fun to play with. To that point I knew nothing about CGArt espacilly about 3D-Lights.
    By figuering out how light works I was stumbeling into photography and postworking too, what is also fun to do.

Thanks to all those helpful people here in the forum providing great informations! :)
    And special thanks to all those unexperienced users wich ask good questions, so the expericend have a reason to explain how things work. :coolsmile:

Note: English isn´t my native language, if one of my future posts don´t make any sense, don´t hestitate to call for further explanations. :-)

Kind regards

Mike