off topic thread

Comments

• Steve KSteve K Posts: 3,227
    Bunyip02 said:

no but my drive is filling up with objs and I cannot stop it

Ah, yes, the Captain Kirk problem:

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675

its killing me arrg what they did to the product lib.  stuff i know without a doubt works in carrara, dont get a carrara button. stuff that dont need no stinking bridge.

a lot of the gen1 and g2 textures, if they included a daz default shader, not just the aoa subsurface thing would work okay in carrara.  and a lot of the old poser stuff, if they included a shader with the highlights toned down, they could label all those for carrara

need more experiments on how to apply a shader setting without affecring the texture map path. for example, only change the highlight channelcool

gaves a giggle fit laugh

• DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,133
    edited October 2020

Trampolines

Cows

It must still be 2020.  laugh

https://www.yahoo.com/news/cow-escaped-home-ended-stuck-173233394.html

carrara 55 next theme question.jpg
    896 x 837 - 148K
    Post edited by Diomede on
  • DUDUDUDU Posts: 1,945

I was wondering where my mother-in-law was... she’s there!

• StezzaStezza Posts: 8,006
    edited October 2020

it's how we do it!  laugh

AussieCovidCelebrationPack.jpg
    800 x 600 - 506K
    Post edited by Stezza on
  • WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 38,066
    Stezza said:

it's how we do it!  laugh

that looks like a heart attack or stroke kit devil

twinkies and ring dings devildevil dogs

sorry not Carrara

• DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,331
    Mystiarra said:

need more experiments on how to apply a shader setting without affecring the texture map path. for example, only change the highlight channelcool

I'm a bit of a maniac that way. I have to go in and tweak every shader - I just have to! Listen to the hypocrite! Many of the images I post on this forum and in my gallery have unfinished shaders... my bad! Seriously though... making/tweaking shaders is one of my passions. I love it! I'm not as good as Stezza though!

Mystiarra said:

its killing me arrg what they did to the product lib.  stuff i know without a doubt works in carrara, dont get a carrara button. stuff that dont need no stinking bridge.

a lot of the gen1 and g2 textures, if they included a daz default shader, not just the aoa subsurface thing would work okay in carrara.  and a lot of the old poser stuff, if they included a shader with the highlights toned down, they could label all those for carrara

I hear ya. Genesis 1 truly is the last supported figure for Carrara. Everything else has to be built from the ground up. I give some practical starter advice in my Character Design for Carrara 01 video:

But what I really wanted to say is that your comment reminds me of how I recently started playing with your G3/8 for Carrara family again. Nice work Misty! 

SteveK has the thread going about the Content tab. I made a separate listing in the My Daz 3D Library > People category: Genesis 3C and Genesis 8C. Within them I break it down like the Daz listing for their Genesis generations: Characters, Clothing, Poses, Props, etc., so I have a nice n' easy way to store things I've converted to Blended Weights, clothing I've converted, Poses/animations I've made, etc., as well as character presets. 

Thanks for supporting Carrara - evolving 8.5 into 9! :)

sorry not Carrara

Don't be sorry, Carrara girl!!! Nice render! Whad'ya use?

Hey Stezza, do you sell those kits? Looks like fun!

sorry not Carrara

Don't be sorry, Carrara girl!!! Nice render! Whad'ya use?

Twinmotion

Mystiarra said:

I'm a bit of a maniac that way. I have to go in and tweak every shader - I just have to! Listen to the hypocrite! Many of the images I post on this forum and in my gallery have unfinished shaders... my bad! Seriously though... making/tweaking shaders is one of my passions. I love it! I'm not as good as Stezza though!

Mystiarra said:

I hear ya. Genesis 1 truly is the last supported figure for Carrara. Everything else has to be built from the ground up. I give some practical starter advice in my Character Design for Carrara 01 video:

But what I really wanted to say is that your comment reminds me of how I recently started playing with your G3/8 for Carrara family again. Nice work Misty! 

SteveK has the thread going about the Content tab. I made a separate listing in the My Daz 3D Library > People category: Genesis 3C and Genesis 8C. Within them I break it down like the Daz listing for their Genesis generations: Characters, Clothing, Poses, Props, etc., so I have a nice n' easy way to store things I've converted to Blended Weights, clothing I've converted, Poses/animations I've made, etc., as well as character presets. 

i never did figure out how make it easy to fix the toes for everybody.  i manually edit the g9f .dsf file.  unfortunately it breaks her for ds.  i do the dsf edit, save her to a carrara figure, then go back to the original dsf file to make her work in ds again.  unfortunately have to do this every time i get a new char morph for g8f.  her geometry section  is constructed very differently than g8M.

its an array of vert numbers, needs the missing vert numbers injected.

g8m doesnt have these vert groups at all.

i cant imagine why they gave them such different architectures

Mystiarra said:
    Mystiarra said:

Mystiarra said:

i never did figure out how make it easy to fix the toes for everybody.  i manually edit the g9f .dsf file.  unfortunately it breaks her for ds.  i do the dsf edit, save her to a carrara figure, then go back to the original dsf file to make her work in ds again.  unfortunately have to do this every time i get a new char morph for g8f.  her geometry section  is constructed very differently than g8M.

its an array of vert numbers, needs the missing vert numbers injected.

g8m doesnt have these vert groups at all.

i cant imagine why they gave them such different architectures

it causes issues in some FBX export too

so now they have Unreal, Unity etc bridges and it happens to a few they might investigate it

so far I have only mentioned it but I am insignificant

when the important clients start complaining they might listen

theres about 1,100 verts missing from the actor group. including verts in the eyes. 

i'se curious how the poser face room works with face rigged characters ?

edited October 2020

doesn't look like 3603228 hairs

Capture.JPG
    854 x 677 - 48K
    v4steam0681.png
    1920 x 1080 - 758K
    Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on

Is there a short and clear statement of what the exact problem is that occurs in both Carrara and one of the bridges to other programs?  Could share the word on other forums.

Diomede said:

Is there a short and clear statement of what the exact problem is that occurs in both Carrara and one of the bridges to other programs?  Could share the word on other forums.

I honestly don't know enough beyond the fact the foot thing happens occassionally with FBX export for me

and I have mentioned that quite a few times in the past only to be told it is made to work in DAZ studio

Maybe phrase it this way.  Can you point to a thread in which people using a new bridge to (?) complain about an issue similar to the issue for Carrara?

edited October 2020
    Diomede said:

Maybe phrase it this way.  Can you point to a thread in which people using a new bridge to (?) complain about an issue similar to the issue for Carrara?

no sadly, it has only happened to me but since it is, it will happen to others too unless I am special blush

Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on
    Diomede said:

I honestly don't know enough beyond the fact the foot thing happens occassionally with FBX export for me

and I have mentioned that quite a few times in the past only to be told it is made to work in DAZ studio

deliberately to work only in DAZ studio?

• StezzaStezza Posts: 8,006

We're going to get some huge thunderstorms today, may do some modelling for the Movember contest I can't enter devil

thunder - 

they used thundah in deadpool2, but the clip too gruesome to linkdevil

A fun version.  Enjoy the music.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604

For those of you who don't venture out into the other forums much  
    Store Upgrade Tomorrow

enjoy your day off yes

This discussion has been closed.