off topic thread

Comments

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    Diomede said:
    Mystiarra said:

oh.  my pc mem expu=red couple months ago. 

is whiskey good for blood pressure?

I think the word whiskey is derived from Gaelic meaning 'water of life.'  If anyone knows that is wrong, don't correct me.  I like to think it is true.

But seriously, take care of your BP and get your eyes sorted out.  

I have been typing a lot lately.  Hunt and peck.  Anyone have one of those voice recognition programs?  Text to speech?

Uisge Beath  in scots gaelic  uisce beatha  in Irish   the water of life.   however Having more than 3 drinks at once can temporarily raise your blood pressure, but once the alcohol is processed out of your body, blood pressure usually returns to normal.

• CbirdCbird Posts: 493
    Diomede said:
    Mystiarra said:

I think the word whiskey is derived from Gaelic meaning 'water of life.'  If anyone knows that is wrong, don't correct me.  I like to think it is true.

But seriously, take care of your BP and get your eyes sorted out.  

I have been typing a lot lately.  Hunt and peck.  Anyone have one of those voice recognition programs?  Text to speech?

I started using Dragon Naturally Speaking when the fibromyalgia pain made typing unbearable. It's pricey, but works really well. There are training exercises that let you tune it to your speech. You can also add new words to the vocabulary. You don't have to talk oddly to make it work. If there's anything else I can answer I'm happy to.

• VyusurVyusur Posts: 2,235
    Mystiarra said:

I don't know about others, but any alcohol is contraindicated for me. I even drink sedative pills only in dry extract, but not in the form of tinctures. As for blood pressure, I would extremely don't recommend to take any alcohol drink.

• I gained some extra weight back

am trying to lose weight so that's not good

I blame Covid restrictions, am not out and about like I want to be

• SileneUKSileneUK Posts: 1,971

Hi Misty, missed your post on previous page!  Hang in there.  SALT is the enemy of BP.  Try to lower your carbs. My husband had high BP for ages, then they put him on Ramipril and Amlodipine together.  But it was the Ramipril that made the difference vs just Amlodipine which I take. We both take statins.

Sending massive hugs!   Sileneanimated-hug-image-0026

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675

they put me on  Amlodipine and the clonodine.  i trying them separately first to see what the side effects do to me.
    is whiskey fattening?
    i havent had a mug of mead in quite a while.  havent been to rennfaire in years.  fresh pickles from the barrel.

sept is usually the month for rennfaire in tuxedo NY.  dunno if covid cancelled it.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-xYG-bEsfUB0/VJ7p2ZHehVI/AAAAAAAAAEs/tnMvPdlFBiw/s1600/birthday_frog.gif

Mystiarra said:

they put me on  Amlodipine and the clonodine.  i trying them separately first to see what the side effects do to me.
    is whiskey fattening?

Heehee... just read side affects for clonodine affecting the part of the brain that controls attention and impulsivity.  Oh please don't lose your creativity! kiss

Whisky calories:  Perhaps 100 cals in a shot?  Hubby drinks single malt, not blended.  Nice with soda and a twist of lemon! yes Silene

SileneUK said:
    Mystiarra said:

is whiskey fattening?

Heehee... just read side affects for clonodine affecting the part of the brain that controls attention and impulsivity.  Oh please don't lose your creativity! kiss

Whisky calories:  Perhaps 100 cals in a shot?  Hubby drinks single malt, not blended.  Nice with soda and a twist of lemon! yes Silene

soon is oktoberfestheart

edited September 2020

Hahahaha...... My city is technically in the county of Somerset... home of Glastonbury... Arthur, legends, etc etc. No camels, though.  Nice vid!  yes Silene

Post edited by SileneUK on
  • DesertDudeDesertDude Posts: 1,235
    Mystiarra said:

i have the win10 zoom active.  helps a little to read the forum.  the fog in my eyeballs sloshes around.  they cancelled my surgery at the last second cause of blood pressure.  they rolled me to emergency room.  cat scan showed i had a mini stroke.  no eye fixing surgery for me til blood pressure is better.  they still playing with bp meds.  i've lost 15 american pounds since july but it hsant helped the bp lower.  stubborn to the core, doh

i on the fear diet, knots of fear in my stomach

i extremely miss playing in carrara.  i have no pastimes now.  i move to another chair and nap and dream about the good times.

Welcome back Misty!!

I hope you can get your bp lowered enough to have the eye surgery asap!
    Hang in there, sending healing thoughts your way.

Mystiarra said:

tried  ti play in carrrara but eye fatigue comes quick.  tee hee  was given the brute a hairy crack hair  lol

Lol, Misty! laugh

some great ideas here for Carrara too, the way he did the rapids with video impressed me

Thanks for posting this Wendy, cool video.
    You're right, the water rapids was a cool concept. Not too many places with running water rapids here where I live, especially after an epic Monsoon fail this season...

• DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,331

• nice song I loved growing up (thought they sang Wendy blush)

but damn I cannot stand the wind, it's a hella windy day today here surprise

wind could be a vortex opening in the space time continuum

feeling nostalgic for the don judy will and penny days. 

• DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,133
    edited September 2020

Be well, Misty

Ask and you shall receive.  Here are Don & Judy from the Poser 5 Days

poser 5 don and judy.jpg
    1600 x 1200 - 78K
    Post edited by Diomede on
  • Steve KSteve K Posts: 3,227

I watch lecture series' from The Teaching Co., generally college professors who have won teaching awards from students at US universities.  I have seen a number of these use early Poser figures for graphics demonstrating some principle involving humans.  The same figures are used in a series of books I like titled "Master Shots: ___", about setting up shots based on real movies.  Excerpt attached I think from "Fight Club" about "Speed Punch".

Master Shots Poser.jpg
    864 x 590 - 82K
  • StezzaStezza Posts: 8,006
    Mystiarra said:

feeling nostalgic for the don judy will and penny days. 

THANKS  that was bck when poser was fun for the whole family.  and the kids had kids' clothes

forum is giving me 'page not found' errors

Mystiarra said:

forum is giving me 'page not found' errors

Hopefully a minor glitch in our ever evolving electronicverse.

More importantly, I hope you resting and healing well.
    Cheers smiley

hi thanks.  yeah.  have to rest my eyes frequently.  light hurts.

i forgot about this band.  liked them.  dunno what happened to all my old cassette tapes.  lol

Sorry about the light hurting the eyes.  That sucks.

My old cassette tapes melted when I left them in the back of my car on a hot Texas day.  sad

i was in san antonio on an april day, it was a 104f

edited September 2020

5th Element.  Funny.  My folders have a freebie of the aliens from the beginning which is labeled Varsel.  Nice detail.  Not sure if it is at ShareCG or in the WIP thread for the element challenge, but Varsel has made a recent appearance in the current challenge WIP thread.

varsel freebie 5th element.jpg
    1871 x 1006 - 248K
    Post edited by Diomede on
  • StezzaStezza Posts: 8,006
    Mystiarra said:

hi thanks.  yeah.  have to rest my eyes frequently.  light hurts.

i forgot about this band.  liked them.  dunno what happened to all my old cassette tapes.  lol

you can always Spotify your music ( I am at the moment )

when you do get a few minutes on the PC wear your sunnies ( if you have some ) it may help cool

hang in there chick, time will help yes

spotify, lol, the creature in the dishwasherlaugh

Also, turn down your screen brightness... not completely to nightshade, but down about 20% takes a lot of that bright white bouncing off your retinas away. If I don't, eveything glows. And look away from the screen, like have your TV on and look away and avoid staring without blinking.

Get better soon!  heart  Silene

smiley

This discussion has been closed.