Comments

• DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,133

That is cool, indeed!

SileneUK said:

This is cool.... I only just found it.  heart  Silene

• Steve KSteve K Posts: 3,227
    Diomede said:

This is cool.... I only just found it.  heart  Silene

Yes, very cool.  A little scary, but cool.

• that new plugin on the Blender forum turns transmapped hairs into particle hair

and with some extra time consuming steps you can turn it into fiber hair mesh

here is  Studioartvarian Good Ol boy hair in D|S

damn we need a Carrara dynamic hair equivalent for all our DAZ/Poser strip hairs

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675

just throwin out there,
    a wee midge of subtle non-symmetry in the face
    might be interesting,
    should be easy with face rigging.

• Mystiarra said:

just throwin out there,
    a wee midge of subtle non-symmetry in the face
    might be interesting,
    should be easy with face rigging.

it was just the base G8M I was showing the hair wink

• VIArtsVIArts Posts: 1,499

Blehhhh...i've been away from Carrara so long, i can't find the hair converter the program...

And speaking of, anything new with @Philemo?

• MAJourney said:

Blehhhh...i've been away from Carrara so long, i can't find the hair converter the program...

its an extension and if installed will appear under edit with a Carrara  hair selected

my post was about a different plugin for Blender to make Particle hair from regular transmapped hair and how it would be cool if we could do that with Carrara hair, the opposite to Philemo's plugin

• weather too hairy here to use the computer 

power outages happening all over the city, heavy wind and was lots of thunder

• DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,331
    edited November 2020

that new plugin on the Blender forum turns transmapped hairs into particle hair

and with some extra time consuming steps you can turn it into fiber hair mesh

here is  Studioartvarian Good Ol boy hair in D|S

damn we need a Carrara dynamic hair equivalent for all our DAZ/Poser strip hairs

That is So Cool!!! 

I agree that it would be nice for Carrara!

Post edited by Dartanbeck on

I was lookin to use up my $6 off PC+ before the sale ended and found these two gems in the 2.99 realm just hanging out together. Now they're hanging out with me on a rainy Sunday. Kinda cool!

...and my earlier Mika 7 is now a Rosie 7 WIP

So to get her into Carrara, I'm thinking that I'd do this:

1. Save her as a character preset in DS
    2. Load in Janette and apply the preset
    3. Save a new Preset of Janette

Or would you suggest I just save as a new figure?

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 38,066
    edited November 2020

just dial up the same morphs on Janette and apply the same textures 

I use a preset I made and swap out the maps as a lot of DAZ shaders even if they work need so much tweaking it is easier just to have a multishader ball ready to drop on the model and swap out the maps,

you only have to create it once starting with one that does load, consolidating shaders and setting up values you like

I have a collection of skin shader balls now

Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on
    MAJourney said:

Hello, hello. Hope you are well.  smiley

this thread has info on the hair converter plugin, including the link.

https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/197821/philemo-plugin-dynamic-hair-to-mesh/p1

so cold out 32F

i guess the roos dont need to worry bout hopping in snow

• StezzaStezza Posts: 8,006

wink

poor chilly roozies

do they throw snowballs?smiley

• DesertDudeDesertDude Posts: 1,235

I was lookin to use up my $6 off PC+ before the sale ended and found these two gems in the 2.99 realm just hanging out together. Now they're hanging out with me on a rainy Sunday. Kinda cool!

Definitely cool!
    Is the environment surrounding your 'now Rosie 7 WIP' CG? Hard to tell (for me...)
    Looks fantastic!! It glows like nature.

• Carrara continues to surprise me still

I deleted a folder in one of my libraries in DAZ studio

so I open that library in Carrara and it asks me if I want to delete the shortcut to "name of folder" as it is missing!!!

this was a DAZ library not a runtime and was just a folder with a prop I had saved as a resource asset in in D|S and never used in Carrara!

Carrara continues to surprise me still

I deleted a folder in one of my libraries in DAZ studio

so I open that library in Carrara and it asks me if I want to delete the shortcut to "name of folder" as it is missing!!!

this was a DAZ library not a runtime and was just a folder with a prop I had saved as a resource asset in in D|S and never used in Carrara!

So true.  The development team was a decade ahead of its time - hobbyist wise.

wonders where they are now?

• I feel as though all the joy has been sucked out this year

3D is not even an escape because so many others are trying to bring me down, I have started posting more stuff on my alternative Youtube channel very few people watch because of it, I am actually considering creating yet another channel (I already have 5 ) and moving a lot off my most viewed/subscribed one because I am sick of all the insults, get told you are an awful person often enough you really start to believe it,

I already disabled comments yet again on my most viewed 10 year old video because of it.

Life at home sucks thanks to my neighbours, I cannot even relax in my yard, I struggle to breathe and feel sick all the time and they give me angry looks because I dared to complain and get upset about their car painting fumes.

I am living in a stifling airless prison, duct taping all my vents etc up has really made this house stuffy.

Covid and weather permitting (42°C heatwaves) I go for a walk when I can.

• Wendy,

Try to hang in. The people in this forum really appreciate you! I know I do. Do your art because you like It. I rarely post any myself  

Covid sucks for everyone. Here in the US, it's the winter and cases and deaths are soaring. It's Thanksgiving tomorrow and travel is hitting a peak. In two weeks we will all suffer. Vaccines are coming soon. Things will get better. 

• I realise Covid is affecting everyone, I have not even witnessed actual cases, it is just the fear and restrictions

going stir crazy, would never see those neighbours othewise, they are doing stuff like spraypainting because they are home

Australia due to it's isolation is fortunate

people around the world have lost loved ones broken heart and that is far far worse

in new york, we having serious looting and rioting.  i dont watch the news, i have no idea why it got so violent.
    my young cousin is afraid to unlock her window.  is so awful the kids have to live in fear.  who knows how the events of today are going to effect them 20 years from now

it is cute tho to see the wildlife playing in the play grounds

• StezzaStezza Posts: 8,006

I boned Caitlyn using a donor skeleton.... just thought I'd share that info angel

edited November 2020

Definitely cool!
    Is the environment surrounding your 'now Rosie 7 WIP' CG? Hard to tell (for me...)
    Looks fantastic!! It glows like nature.

It's Stonemason's Willow Creek with nothing special added to it - just a simple distant light. That one is an Iray render. I did, however, add DOF to the camera, but that's just a straight render result.

Post edited by Dartanbeck on

BIG HUGS FOR WENDY!!! heart​ heart​ heart​ 

Stezza said:

I boned Caitlyn using a donor skeleton.... just thought I'd share that info angel

That just comes out well! ;)

• BIG HUGS FOR WENDY!!! heart​ heart​ heart​ 

hearthugs backheart

Stezza said:

That just comes out well! ;)

+1

BIG HUGS FOR WENDY!!! heart​ heart​ heart​ 

another +1

This discussion has been closed.