Its time for new Cat and Dog models!

Comments

• Kendall SearsKendall Sears Posts: 2,995

It's not just whispers.  Alessandro is indeed working on some "less exotic" animals, but I don't think that they are "for DAZ".  Alessandro's animal work is indisputably some of the best available for this market (there are some fanpersons at HW3D who may feel otherwise).  I dare say that his work will outshine the competition.  (FULL DISCLOSURE:  Alessandro is one of my best friends on the planet.)  If DAZ has contracted other artists to make animals, or is making them in-house, I am not aware of it.

I don't think that anyone considered the BC2 the epitome of Big Cat meshes.  At the time it was released it was all that was available that was new (Alessandro had older Big Cats models, but I guess they were just considered "too old").  I don't know who was responsible for the mesh, nor do I really care.  The "flat" paws were explained at the time the mesh was released, and I believe that a morph to make "non-flat" paws was made available.  As stated in the forums, the reasoning at the time was to keep the rounded pads from poking through whatever the BC2 was standing on (and to minimize the "floating" that would occur with rounded pads if the user just CTRL-D to the floor).  It was probably the wrong decision to make at the time.

Kendall

Until AM does come out with more critters (I now have almost all of them), I'd definitely be interested in the paw morph for BC2. Any idea where I'd find that?

Select the Paws in the shaping pane, then you should see "Paws Flat".  There are also morphs for "Claws Out", :Paws Big", and "Paws Splay".

Kendall

• WillowRavenWillowRaven Posts: 3,787
    Select the Paws in the shaping pane, then you should see "Paws Flat".  There are also morphs for "Claws Out", :Paws Big", and "Paws Splay".

Kendall

Really? Has it been there the whole time or was it added later in an update?

Kendall

Really? Has it been there the whole time or was it added later in an update?

I truly don't remember when they were added.  That was long ago and I was very busy with a lot of things.

Kendall

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,948

...maybe he'll come out with a kittycat...hope hope.

kyoto kid said:

...maybe he'll come out with a kittycat...hope hope.

see page 2 of this thread.

Kendall

• IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548

I'm not biased, I will buy them both lol.  Love Allesandro's animals and am working on slowly adding them all to my collection.  I own both Harry and Horse 2 and I now have big cat 2 and the new hivewire cat.  If Allesandro comes out with a big cat (or a small cat for that matter) I will buy that as well.  Having slightly different looking animals is a plus to me, especially if you are going to use several in a scene together.

• Miss BMiss B Posts: 3,071

Well, personally, I'm loving the HW Big Cat.  Here's a couple of quick renders.

Here Kitty Kitty Kitty . . .

Now how can anyone not love this face . . .

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 38,056

I have since gone back and bought AM's old older Big cats in addition to the BC2, furred up all look ok and add variety. I will prob buy the HW ones too and use Lynes Milcat morphs and textures too.

• napalmarsenalnapalmarsenal Posts: 82
    edited August 2016

Nice one Scorpio, but where is the half eaten gazelle on the tree branch? LOL

It fell off the branchwink!! That's why he has that wonderful expression like .......... What the.......... You mean I have to climb back down and get that thing and drag it all the way back up here AGAIN!?!?!? 

Post edited by napalmarsenal on
  • JOdelJOdel Posts: 6,281

I have AM's old lion. The one with the displacement fur. His modeling has improved tremendously since then.

• StezzaStezza Posts: 7,996

I don't care who releases it or gets a morph done of it but I want a fat arsed Wombat! cool

and an emu smiley

A wombat and emu would be awesome. Especially if the feather version of LAMH gets developed.

content paradise as usual has a very scary one

Capture.JPG
    1928 x 1048 - 184K
  • Stezza said:

I don't care who releases it or gets a morph done of it but I want a fat arsed Wombat! cool

and an emu smiley 

Knowing you Stezza that makes me wonder ............. Hmmmm............ Hmmmm........ Now what in the world is Stezza going to do with a fat arse wombat and an emu?? 

I'm still giggling about your Kiwi Kiwi !! surprise 

Sad said:

content paradise as usual has a very scary one

It scared me so much Wendy I deleted it years ago no

Knowing you Stezza that makes me wonder ............. Hmmmm............ Hmmmm........ Now what in the world is Stezza going to do with a fat arse wombat and an emu?? 

I'm still giggling about your Kiwi Kiwi !! surprise 

gotta love Carrara... strange renders come from it sometimes devil heart

• RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,157
    RAMWolff said:

Yes, the Big Cat from the Hive is going to have more breeds as well as be the base for other animals and creatures. 

from a modeling point of view, not a consumer. it looks like you will still have to "purchase" aditional breed morphs and textures as opposed to it all being in one affordable package like the DAZ Big cat. All I want is a new cheetah and male lion.

Well truth be told DAZ sort of started that trend with it's humanoid figures.  Each shape gets a full on theme, textures and all the rest.  Business is business and usually when it comes to the Harry Horse additions they aren't overly expensive and maps that truly represent the breed is taken into account.  So their Big Cat will probably follow suit. 

• RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,157

Keep in mind Ken that the Hive strives to make sure there is as much equality between DAZ Studio and Poser from an "IN HOUSE" persepective.  So if Alex is releasing his animals for both platforms, great.  If not then Poser users will not buy.  So that may be something he may want to consider more carefully and since DAZ3D now has published artists for Poser back in it's store, perhaps that has brought more business back to them and that may be a positive to those that want to support both platforms. 

• FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,722
    edited August 2016

I broke down and picked up the new HW kitty, I admit it, I am weak, LOL

Quick render in IRay

leopardprowl.jpg
    1564 x 870 - 2M
    Post edited by FSMCDesigns on

I broke down and picked up the new HW kitty, I admit it, I am weak, LOL

Quick render in IRay

Stunning. The only think that could make it better is a good LAMH preset. I really, really, REALLY hope someone good at it does on and either sells it or gives away on the LAMH site.

Thanks. I have the full version of LAMH, but I can never figure out the UI to get anything worth a crap out of it, so I hope fora preset also. I get great results using displacement for fur in reality/Lux, so I am going to see how that works also.

it's a great model, already have quite a few render ideas.

edited August 2016

I couldn't resist either...

Unlikely Friendship.png
    1094 x 1770 - 2M
    Post edited by IceDragonArt on

SUCKER, eer, I mean congrats Sonja, LOL

Nice render!

SUCKER, eer, I mean congrats Sonja, LOL

Nice render!

Right?  Lol thank you very much!

one big + is that the Hive's animal products ( most recent being the lizard and the big cat ) including morphs and poses are working in Carrara which a lot of Alessandro's products don't ( of which he is aware and tries to help out ) which makes me hesitant on buying his products.

Used Carrara's fur on this little kitty yes

Well thats good to know, been eying off lizard once I get some other expenses out of the way as well as cats and other animals, I buy animals everywhere even (cough) those scary Smithmicro ones,

poor wombat! 

Stezza said:

one big + is that the Hive's animal products ( most recent being the lizard and the big cat ) including morphs and poses are working in Carrara which a lot of Alessandro's products don't ( of which he is aware and tries to help out ) which makes me hesitant on buying his products.

Alessandro normally releases poser versions of his animals (with poser dynamic fur) only slightly after he releases the DS versions with LAMH fur.

Kendall

yep, which don't work in Carrara.. like I said.. which isn't his fault, it's Daz's fault for not pulling their finger out and updating Carrara to use these models.

• SpottedKittySpottedKitty Posts: 7,232

Nice one Scorpio, but where is the half eaten gazelle on the tree branch? LOL

It fell off the branchwink!! That's why he has that wonderful expression like .......... What the.......... You mean I have to climb back down and get that thing and drag it all the way back up here AGAIN!?!?!? 

What about an I-just-ate-the-gazelle morph, to make our kitties pleasingly plump?

• Rae134Rae134 Posts: 49

It has that, Spotted Kitty :)  A "Belly Full" morph along with "Belly Size" and "Belly Pregnant". The Belly Full one is on top and Pregnant on bottom. (3Delight render, no lights except headlamp)

Leo HW Belly big.jpg
    1007 x 951 - 100K