Vue, Plant Factory now free

1235»

Comments

• stem_athomestem_athome Posts: 517

Havos said:

Whilst some props export fine, a lot have messed up UVs on export. The props look fine inside Vue itself, so I am not sure why they can not be exported properly. Does Vue have some propriety UV system that is difficult to export? Is there some export options I need to select in order to export the props so that their UVs will work in other apps? I tried obj, dae and FBX formats, but in all cases the UVs of some props are messed up.

There is a gothic cathedral I would particular like to export. I have some Catherdral interiors, but no exteriors like this model.

Hi,

When exporting, in export options:- "Export Materials" -> Bake to texture maps + Generic UVs.

You will then also have other options, such as texture map size output.

I did a quick test exporting the catherdral as .dae with those bake options, and renders OK in DS

• HavosHavos Posts: 5,334
    edited May 15

stem_athome said:

Havos said:

Whilst some props export fine, a lot have messed up UVs on export. The props look fine inside Vue itself, so I am not sure why they can not be exported properly. Does Vue have some propriety UV system that is difficult to export? Is there some export options I need to select in order to export the props so that their UVs will work in other apps? I tried obj, dae and FBX formats, but in all cases the UVs of some props are messed up.

There is a gothic cathedral I would particular like to export. I have some Catherdral interiors, but no exteriors like this model.

Hi,

When exporting, in export options:- "Export Materials" -> Bake to texture maps + Generic UVs.

You will then also have other options, such as texture map size output.

I did a quick test exporting the catherdral as .dae with those bake options, and renders OK in DS

Hi,

Thanks a lot, I did exactly as you specified and now the Catherdral exports just fine. I will try and do the same with the other models where the UV was messed up.

Cheers.

Gothic Cathedral.jpg
    2048 x 2048 - 586K
    Post edited by Havos on
  • RasberriRasberri Posts: 284
    edited May 31

So awesome this is now free, the last version I spent $ on was Vue 7 with a lot of cornucopia addons.. I am guessing some of the older files may not work with the newer software, but I will have to see.  I have been wanting to learn Plant Factory for a while, but just didn't want to drop $$ for a subscription.. My first try at some Palms imported into Bryce. 

PlantFactoryPalms.jpg
    1754 x 834 - 191K
    Post edited by Rasberri on
  • CelluloCellulo Posts: 60

Hi all, after searching some tutorials for Vue, i found this cool book released for free by his author "Quadspinner":

https://github.com/QuadSpinner/RealismInVue

and this:

https://github.com/QuadSpinner/VueLegacy

I hope this help people to understand Vue.

• markusmaternmarkusmatern Posts: 545

Thanks @Cellulo for this great find!

• Singular3DSingular3D Posts: 510
    Quadspinner started doing a lot of tutorials regarding Vue and Plant Factory on YouTube lately. Very helpful.
  • ed3Ded3D Posts: 2,051

markusmatern said:

Thanks @Cellulo for this great find!

+ 1   very nice