Show Us Your Bryce Renders Part 13

Comments

• HoroHoro Posts: 10,530

Thank you adbc.

edited May 16

The terrain was self made and given the slightly modified Bryce Pro Material Tau Variant (David Brinnen). The galaxy and the stars are from the Space Construction Kit. Sky, ambient light and colour by an unpublished HDRI and a bit of specular by the sun.

Staggered Valley

This is actually the same valley like the volcano one on the previous page 39 but looked at from the opposite side and the terrain is a 4k one, not a 1k one like above.

StaggeredValley.jpg
    1200 x 800 - 282K
    Post edited by Horo on
  • mermaid010mermaid010 Posts: 5,381

Wow another amazing effect Horo, a surreal scene, the lighting is awesome.

Horo said:

mermaid - thank you for your your information. I just checked my videos I had submitted to YT via Daz 3D in earlier times and they do not load. The ones Daz 3D had published at Vimeo still work.

Other videos I had sent to David to publish on his channel at YT and I think they still work.

Yes the videos on David’s channel are okay.

I brought up this issue a few months ago here:

https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/664126/why-are-some-tutorial-videos-unavailable

Most of the video tutorials are also not available in this thread.

https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/2839/bryce-tutorials/p1

It’s sad and can’t be helped.

At least now we know why they are not available. Pam’s (Chohole) death has left a vacuum in the Bryce forum. She would have known how to handle this situation. May her soul rest in peace. 

• NGartplayNGartplay Posts: 3,076

Exactly mermaid.

Horo, you create the most amazing landscapes.  Excellent.

Thank you mermaid and NGartplay.

edited May 17

I revisited the Pencil Sketch effect – the Reflection method.

The pdf can be found here: https://www.horo.ch/docs/mine/pdf/DrawingEffects.pdf

I added an IES light David shared a long time ago, I found a few lights in my object library.

sketch-effect-reflection-dodecahechron.jpg
    500 x 500 - 383K
    Post edited by mermaid010 on

It looks like it's in a field of flowers.  Very cool effect, mermaid.

Thanks NGartplay

Very nicely presented object, mermaid.

Thanks Horo

edited May 18

The terrain and materials are from Hdri Captured Volumetric Skies, the castle a freebie from Sketchup Warehouse, lighting from a modified sky.

castleonlake-captured-sketchup.jpg
    889 x 500 - 331K

A wonderful scene, mermaid.  The clouds look like you increased your focal point for the camera.  I love the dramatic look of them.

Thanks NGartplay 

edited May 19

mermaid - this castle is very nicely presented in this evening light, the sky looks great.

The terrain was self made and given the modified Bryce Pro Material Tau Variant (David Brinnen). Sky, colour and ambient light by an HDRI from HDRI Enhanced Skies, additional light and specularity by the sun.

Icy Rocks

IcyRocks.jpg
    1200 x 800 - 247K
    Post edited by Horo on

Thanks Horo another outstanding scene with awesome lighting 

Thank you mermaid.

• HansmarHansmar Posts: 2,892
    edited May 19

Mermaid, very beautiful landscape with the dolphins. And very good scene with the floating cities. The wings object on page 39 makes me think of mercury: don’t inhale! Nice render of the object on page 40 too. And I love the sky in the scene with the Sketchup castle: very well made.

Horo, The cave on page 38 is very alien and scary. And how did you get about 200 Bryce trees in one render, very well done. Very well made big city, based on terrains. And the one with the orange red sky looks very hot. The alien  terrain and sky on page 40 looks good too, while the more realistic terrain is stunning.

IDENTIFIANT. Very beautiful abstract, lovely colours and light.

Electro-Elvis: Wonderful cliff face and great sea as well.

I made, over a couple of months, a number of indoor scenes. The indoor areas generally required extensive modification of textures to allow Bryce to work with them. The people in the scenes also needed minimizing their weight by making lower resolution textures and deleting body elements that are invisible underneath clothing.

First one is a time machine, fully retextured with procedural textures in Bryce and put in a simple cube with some spotlights. Next a re-render of the Sibenik cathedral with lady and ghost. I changed the lighting, put a ray effect in there and ensured the visibility of the stained glass via the lights on the floor. Third is a dance studio with two dancing (Genesis) people practicing some steps. Fourth is a building (cannot remember which one) that I made into a PC-shop, using various freebie PR-related items and a lady in scant clothing (to try and persuade the customers, I suppose). Finally, a view of a hallway in West Park. Completely retextured and also only some of the elements used. The full set can be sent to Bryce, but any action immediately crashes Bryce. I therefore put elements into Bryce one-by-one and retextured them, mostly with procedural textures. The wall texture with plants is a texture by RajRaja, which is not too heavy on the bytes.

time machine.jpg
    659 x 659 - 436K
    sibenik_cathedral2a.jpg
    1370 x 659 - 502K
    dancestudio6.jpg
    1370 x 659 - 1M
    PC-shop2.jpg
    1370 x 659 - 474K
    WestPark_a3.jpg
    1370 x 659 - 836K
    Post edited by Hansmar on

Hansmar - thank you. Five very well done scenes. The Time Machine is a very cool idea with the cosy armchair. The Sibenik cathedral looks very nice in this light. The dance studio with the mirror is also very nicely done. I also like how the room with the lady looks. The West Park looks beautiful with the ivy on the walls. Great work from you and a pleasure to look at.

Amazing terrain details, Horo.

You've been busy Hansmar.  Wow, nicely done.  All of the scenes are so well setup.  I especially like the time machine idea with the armchair.

• Electro-ElvisElectro-Elvis Posts: 870
    edited May 19

I revisited the package "Bryce 7.1 Pro - Seamless Texture Mix and HDR Lighting - Set 1" Light comes from a square Dome Light. The Moped is a model called "Moped" :-) by David Brinnen

Monochrome Backyard

Monochrome_Backyard.jpg
    845 x 650 - 564K
    Post edited by Electro-Elvis on

The realism is amazing Elvis.

• Electro-ElvisElectro-Elvis Posts: 870

Horo, mermaid010, NGartplay, adbc, Hansmar: Thank you

NGartplay: Thanks again. The realism is chiefly due to David and Horo's excellent textures.

NGartplay - thank you.

Electro-Elvis - though a simple looking scene, it could very well be a photo. According to the shadows from the moped and the tube on the wall, the weather must be cloudy, the realism of the shadows is incredible.

edited May 20

Hansmar - five excellent indoor scenes, the lighting in all is superb; thanks for the comment.

Electro-Elvis - I agree the realism is amazing, well done.

edited May 20

The terrain was self made and given a material assembled from Terrain Stacking, Gritstone Hills and High Resolution Terrains 4. The building is the Grobburg (once available at Daz 3D). Sky and ambient light by an HDRI from Gritstone Hills, the key light by the sun and the flash is from one of my photos.

Storm Ahead

StormAhead.jpg
    1200 x 800 - 174K
    Post edited by Horo on

Horo, your landscape is also a great example of realistic shadows.  The thunderhead looks good.  Well done!

• HansmarHansmar Posts: 2,892

Horo, NGartplay, mermaid: Thanks.

Electro-Elvis: Wow, very realistic render. You used those textures very well.

Horo, Another marvelous terrain render, with beautiful sky and nice detail of the flash.

Wow Horo a magnificent photorealistic render, awesome clouds and the building and flash add to the realism.

Thank you NGartplay, Hansmar and mermaid.