CARRARA CHALLENGE #63: There be Dragons..... WIP

Comments

• ed3Ded3D Posts: 2,139
    edited August 2022

Bunyip02 said:

ed3D said:

UnifiedBrain said:

Yes, those DIM prompts are confusing to me as well.

Probably better to install the product manually.  It has two main folders - Presets and Scenes - which can be merged into the Carrara program folders with the same names..

When that is done, you still need to go to your Carrara browser window and add the PhilW folder to your scenes menu.

~.~   And Thanx very much  _  manuall  install  >  instatlled right in  _   just need to see this   " the individual buildings bit "   and how  its'  done +

+ and the First Renders  -

Glad you got it sorted !!! Nightime Dragon flame attack by chance ?

~  Thanx ,   and  would   suppose the 3 Entrys will  "mostly"  be all   _  did start an scene  => do'nt know how to set the lights to be On or Off

( if they even can ) on singl buildings

Screenshot No1(47).png
    1920 x 1028 - 686K
    Post edited by ed3D on
  • KhoeKhoe Posts: 308
    edited August 2022

ther first render. next sep fine tuning. Better gras the dead bunches better texture. The rigt wing from the Dragon look for a better postion.

first-render.jpg
    864 x 1080 - 160K
    Post edited by Khoe on
  • Bunyip02Bunyip02 Posts: 8,412

ed3D said:

Bunyip02 said:

ed3D said:

UnifiedBrain said:

Probably better to install the product manually.  It has two main folders - Presets and Scenes - which can be merged into the Carrara program folders with the same names..

When that is done, you still need to go to your Carrara browser window and add the PhilW folder to your scenes menu.

~.~   And Thanx very much  _  manuall  install  >  instatlled right in  _   just need to see this   " the individual buildings bit "   and how  its'  done +

~  Thanx ,   and  would   suppose the 3 Entrys will  "mostly"  be all   _  did start an scene  => do'nt know how to set the lights to be On or Off

3 Entries is excellent !!!

Khoe said:

ther first render. next sep fine tuning. Better gras the dead bunches better texture. The rigt wing from the Dragon look for a better postion.

Looking great !!! Maybe angle the wing a bit ?

• There's a lot of really good stuff!

So I needed a room to display the dragon shield in so I started with the drapery set from DAZ store.  Retextured the room with the procedural shaders and noise functions.  Then found a lace pattern on FilterForge and created a curtain pattern and alpha map so light would shine thru the hole thingies in the lace and used a noise function for texture - plus some transparecy and translucency.

So then I thougt it would be cool to have a couple of braziers for some light from the flames.  Things really went bad .  The curtain caught fire and you can see the result.  ALWAYS use fire retardant materials for drapes and curtains.  Now to clean up the mess.

The fire on the curtains does look pretty cool though ...

testured_curtains_floor_reflect.jpg
    1600 x 1600 - 771K
    Out of control fire.jpg
    2000 x 2000 - 454K

Bunyip02 said:

ed3D said:

Bunyip02 said:

ed3D said:

UnifiedBrain said:

.well ,  thanx  -   ususally 1 or 2  -  

Grimmvald said:

There's a lot of really good stuff!

So I needed a room to display the dragon shield in so I started with the drapery set from DAZ store.  Retextured the room with the procedural shaders and noise functions.  Then found a lace pattern on FilterForge and created a curtain pattern and alpha map so light would shine thru the hole thingies in the lace and used a noise function for texture - plus some transparecy and translucency.

So then I thougt it would be cool to have a couple of braziers for some light from the flames.  Things really went bad .  The curtain caught fire and you can see the result.  ALWAYS use fire retardant materials for drapes and curtains.  Now to clean up the mess.

The fire on the curtains does look pretty cool though ...

Nice work, lace curtains look groovy !!!

ed3D said:

Bunyip02 said:

ed3D said:

Bunyip02 said:

ed3D said:

UnifiedBrain said:

Was trying to twist your arm and make it 4 !!! wink

edited August 2022

Inspired by Khoe - Just for Fun - Not an Entry

Thunder Drake at Maple Meadows

The Thunder Drake - https://www.daz3d.com/the-thunder-drake

Maple Meadows - https://www.daz3d.com/maple-meadows

Drake Thunder 1b.png
    1200 x 1560 - 4M
    Post edited by Bunyip02 on
    edited August 2022

Bunyip02 said:

ed3D said:

Bunyip02 said:

ed3D said:

Bunyip02 said:

ed3D said:

UnifiedBrain said:

well  ,  Thanx   - -  but actualy   "Could"   be 4 if can  finish  "the Smokers"    -  but  idk  -

Post edited by ed3D on

ed3D said:

Bunyip02 said:

ed3D said:

Bunyip02 said:

ed3D said:

Bunyip02 said:

ed3D said:

UnifiedBrain said:

well  ,  Thanx   - -  but actualy   "Could"   be 4 if can  finish  "the Smokers"    -  but  idk  -

I'll keep my fingers crossed !!!

• DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,132
    edited August 2022

Update to the dragon helm of dor lomin.

Dragon Helm Dor Lomin 20.png
    1600 x 1200 - 3M
    Dragon Helm Dor Lomin 21.png
    1200 x 1600 - 3M
    Post edited by Diomede on

Diomede said:

Update to the dragon helm of dor lomin.

Awesome !!! Shader on the helmet gives a nice effect !

edited August 2022

Thanks for the nice comment.

On workflow, I created the tombstone using the terrain modeler.  Created the letters in an image editor, then insterted as a heightmap in terrain modeler.  Added a smooth filter.  Converted to vertex model for some minor editing.

zz01 three stages of tombstone.jpg
    1737 x 862 - 144K
    zz02 terrain modeler see two editables and a smoother.jpg
    1749 x 998 - 185K
    zz03 convert to vertex model pay attention to hi res or low res.jpg
    1804 x 1010 - 380K
    Post edited by Diomede on
  • UnifiedBrainUnifiedBrain Posts: 3,588

Diomede said:

On workflow, I created the tombstone using the terrain modeler.  Created the letters in an image editor, then insterted as a heightmap in terrain modeler.  Added a smooth filter.  Converted to vertex model for some minor editing.

Very clever!  It seems obvious when you describe it, but I would not have thought of it.

Diomede said:

Thanks for the workflow !!!

I'm always amazed at the number of ways you can do things in Carrara !

UnifiedBrain said:

Diomede said:

Very clever!  It seems obvious when you describe it, but I would not have thought of it.

UB any more WIPs from you or are you ready to enter your creations ?

edited August 2022

Diomede said:

_  pretty good

_  made an Cemerty Monument  _  for Bryce Challeng # 30 Secret Garden _  but , used Blenders  +  and made the Inscription with Blenders also

+ And the Final Image ++ thanx

And made this with Blender _for Vampyre`s Garden_+1.jpg
    1536 x 1152 - 131K
    _Yes, was supposeing an Inscription_On one of the others_And made one with Blender , Also+1.jpg
    1024 x 768 - 45K
    Title _ Vampyre`s Garden +1.jpg
    1650 x 1237 - 197K
    Post edited by ed3D on

Thanks for the comments, Bunyip, UB, and ed3D.  Great tombstone modeling in B, ed3D.

ed3D said:

Diomede said:

_  pretty good

_  made an Cemerty Monument  _  for Bryce Challeng # 30 Secret Garden _  but , used Blenders  +  and made the Inscription with Blenders also

+ And the Final Image ++ thanx

Nice work !!!

Diomede said:

Thanks for the comments, Bunyip, UB, and ed3D.  Great tombstone modeling in B, ed3D.

You're welcome Diomede !!!

Will you have enough time to finish the animation, or will you do a still render of your scene ?

Reminder :- Entry Thread Closes/Voting Begins: Saturday,  3 September 2022 23:59:59 CST (GMT-6)

Get those entries in people !!!

edited August 2022

Diomede said:
    and ed3D.  Great tombstone modeling in B, ed3D.

Bunyip02 said:
    Nice work !!!

~.~   and Thanx so much  + 

Post edited by ed3D on

Bunyip02 said:

Diomede said:

You're welcome Diomede !!!

+ 1  ~ 

• HeadwaxHeadwax Posts: 9,969

UnifiedBrain said:

Part 3 - Haute Couture in Lizardland

What did you expect, alligator purses and snakeskin boots? smiley  These are civilized lizards, not cannibals.

The character is a kitbash of V4, Dragon Folk, and a second skin product (retextured) from Rendo.  The tail ornament is a modifier applied to a Carrara primitive.

The runway bulbs are a Carrara basic object, rezoned with different shaders, and topped  with a bulb using a light sphere effect (thanks to Wendy for the suggestion).

Carrara text is such a blessing!  There is probably not a single Carrara tool that I value more.

No postwork.

Oh that is just so good, beaut pose and skin texture - elegant dragon

Khoe said:

Classic scene taking place here Khoe - looking forward to the magick you make.

Bunyip02 said:

that colour is scintillating against the meadow - I always lose patience

rendering Howie's scenes.

Diomede said:

that's a brilliant idea Ted!!! Good subject for a ted Talk ;)

ed3D said:

UnifiedBrain said:

That's a scene worth playing with!

Headwax said:

Bunyip02 said:

that colour is scintillating against the meadow - I always lose patience

rendering Howie's scenes.

Thanks !!! The only scene of Howie's that I struggle with is Valle Alpina due to it's massive size !