CARRARA CHALLENGE #63: There be Dragons..... WIP

Comments

• HeadwaxHeadwax Posts: 9,969

Syezza said:

have you seen them snapdragon seed pods!..... freaky stuff that.. imagine if........ cool

When the local Nuclear Physicist has the weekend off, he gets down and dirty in the garden. This weekend however he never imagined what would happen when he accidently mixed some blood & bone with some gamma radiated snapdragon pods and inhaled the seeds surprise

his green thumb hobby was about to take a nasty turn

The SnapDragon Scientist

modelled the garden and ornaments and props ( dragon, owl and dragon's breath plant ) modelled the snapdragon head and used it on Pumpkin Jack along with some Carrara fur, used some free plants from some PA here at Daz3d and then did a little postwork in PSE2022.

snapdragon head with some morphs

ha ha Stezza, I seldom go out into the garden as it is - now I will lock myself in my room with a fun gac ide 

nice lateral thinking :)

UnifiedBrain said:

Bunyip02 said:

Very nice, like the flame-thrower !!! How many sequels will there be ?!!

Thank you, Bunyip.  Since I already have 2 entries, there will be two more on this theme - hopefully.  One is about 80% done, and the other about 40%.

the more sequels the bettererer ! ;)

• ed3Ded3D Posts: 2,139
    edited August 2022

Bunyip02 said:

Entry thread started - if anyone needs more time let me know !!!

Have'nt   been on becaus Wi-Fi/DSL  Box went out 
    the RePairman came , Today (Tuesday afternoon)  & look at it  , & replaced it 
      ~  !BooYah!  ~ 
    &  have a coupl more Scenes , but  Incomplet 
    & several more  ,  that are still ,  notes/ideas
        +  Thanx  + 

( if any-one , would lik to hear one ) ,  " the-unicorns " 

Post edited by ed3D on
  • StezzaStezza Posts: 8,002
    edited August 2022

we gotta buy ours frown

lucky I have several stacked away just in case cool
    good to see you up and running again though.... nothing worse than when your box goes out no

just passing time this arvo with the Halloween cat .. added some Carrara fur 

not an entry... but never know devil

Dragonfly

Dragonfly.png
    800 x 600 - 926K
    Post edited by Stezza on

Headwax said:

Syezza said:

have you seen them snapdragon seed pods!..... freaky stuff that.. imagine if........ cool

When the local Nuclear Physicist has the weekend off, he gets down and dirty in the garden. This weekend however he never imagined what would happen when he accidently mixed some blood & bone with some gamma radiated snapdragon pods and inhaled the seeds surprise

his green thumb hobby was about to take a nasty turn

The SnapDragon Scientist

modelled the garden and ornaments and props ( dragon, owl and dragon's breath plant ) modelled the snapdragon head and used it on Pumpkin Jack along with some Carrara fur, used some free plants from some PA here at Daz3d and then did a little postwork in PSE2022.

snapdragon head with some morphs

ha ha Stezza, I seldom go out into the garden as it is - now I will lock myself in my room with a fun gac ide 

nice lateral thinking :)

I had an urge the other day to mow the lawn.... so I had some panadol and had a lay down till it passed..  smiley

also found out not to ask the missus what's for dinner when she's half way through mowing surprise

Headwax said:

one from last week, had trouble making the knight chap pop from the background

adulterated and wip, in that order, put reflection on the ground so I could use caustics once again

and whip

maybe a spotlight for a rim light with just the subject selected in the spotty selection panel may work enlightened 

UnifiedBrain said:

Part 1 - The Saga

This is a tip of the hat to Planet of the Apes - without the time travel twist.  Instead, there was just boring old evolution.  Lizards were slow to evolve, but 66 million years is a long time. :)  They eventually developed language and technology.  No, they don't breathe fire, but they can shoot fire weapons.

Lizards developed a natural caste system based on species variations, much like the apes did in POTA.

Humans (Sapiens) came along just about when lizards realized that killing each other for food was going to insure mutual destruction.  As creepy as those warm-blooded Sapiens were, they made a tasty stew!

Characters include M3, F3, G1 and G2M, and some morphs like Dragonfolk that I have not used before.  Fire effects are Jepe billboards.  The building is from an old Stonemason set.  The flying lizards are the Moorland Dragon.  The flame weapon is actually called the Steam Dragon, and it is available on Rendo.

Carrara processes include Text and Surface Replicator.  At this point, GMIC is always part of my initial setup.

No postwork, as usual.

very cool as usual UB yes

maybe a lighter stroke around the text may make it pop out a bit more... it maybe just me but I find the text a bit to blended in with the image... smiley

Syezza said:

UnifiedBrain said:

Part 1 - The Saga

maybe a lighter stroke around the text may make it pop out a bit more... it maybe just me but I find the text a bit to blended in with the image... smiley

_ Yeah , thought so ,  too  _   was at first lik want is this say ?-?   Thanx -

Syezza said:

we gotta buy ours frown

good to see you up and running again though.... nothing worse than when your box goes out no

Dragonfly

well  , Thanx -  yeah , was  missin' all the Reading usually hav 

+ Nice cat looks mean+  

= an group of Unicorns +Unspecified number+ a few/  & a dragon stands with them(dragon with One Horn)

& a-unicorn says to dragon   " i don't think anyone , will beliv you're one / of us "  =

Thanx

edited August 2022

- And Then - 

some Incomplet  W.I.P.s 

thanx +

Screenshot (19).png
    1882 x 1017 - 982K
    Screenshot (20).png
    1920 x 1016 - 559K
    G1_NoDrags-1DisBeliv5Ab.png
    1600 x 900 - 581K
    UP-TRE_M1-B.png
    1600 x 900 - 822K
    Post edited by ed3D on

@Syezza said

I had an urge the other day to mow the lawn.... so I had some panadol and had a lay down till it passed..  smiley

also found out not to ask the missus what's for dinner when she's half way through mowing 

ha ha sage words of advice, thanks for the suggestion about the rinm light - I attempted in post but failed

Syezza said:

we gotta buy ours frown

Dragonfly

more brillinace - love the cat pose and the dragon wings - just read a post on facebook that cats were invented to remind us that not everything in nature has a purpose

ed3D said:

- And Then - 

some Incomplet  W.I.P.s 

thanx +

nice saucers :)

edited August 2022

Few weeks ago I did the king and queen for a chess set to three d print. Started in Carrara, took into meshmixer and did a bit of sculpting and added some blobs and creases and bases - have to redo the queen's base

Then brought back into Carrara for texturing and rendering. Used Statuatory shaders - chess board is simple checkers pattern with the Statuatory Marble shader as the white bit

.Here they are as Dragon King and Queen,

KingAndQueen.jpg
    3753 x 2901 - 4M
    Post edited by Headwax on
  • Bunyip02Bunyip02 Posts: 8,409
    edited August 2022

ed3D said:

Bunyip02 said:

~  !BooYah!  ~ 
        +  Thanx  + 

Sorry to hear - was wondering where you got to, assummed you must have been feverishly working away !!!

Good news about the extra scenes.

Was thinking about extending the date by a couple of more weeks as some of the earler starters have gone quiet, would like their input into the Challenge !

Post edited by Bunyip02 on

Syezza said:

we gotta buy ours frown

Dragonfly

That's a mean looking feral you've got in that render !!!

Syezza said:

Headwax said:

one from last week, had trouble making the knight chap pop from the background

adulterated and wip, in that order, put reflection on the ground so I could use caustics once again

and whip

maybe a spotlight for a rim light with just the subject selected in the spotty selection panel may work enlightened 

That might do the trick !!!

Syezza said:

UnifiedBrain said:

Part 1 - The Saga

This is a tip of the hat to Planet of the Apes - without the time travel twist.  Instead, there was just boring old evolution.  Lizards were slow to evolve, but 66 million years is a long time. :)  They eventually developed language and technology.  No, they don't breathe fire, but they can shoot fire weapons.

Lizards developed a natural caste system based on species variations, much like the apes did in POTA.

Humans (Sapiens) came along just about when lizards realized that killing each other for food was going to insure mutual destruction.  As creepy as those warm-blooded Sapiens were, they made a tasty stew!

Characters include M3, F3, G1 and G2M, and some morphs like Dragonfolk that I have not used before.  Fire effects are Jepe billboards.  The building is from an old Stonemason set.  The flying lizards are the Moorland Dragon.  The flame weapon is actually called the Steam Dragon, and it is available on Rendo.

Carrara processes include Text and Surface Replicator.  At this point, GMIC is always part of my initial setup.

No postwork, as usual.

very cool as usual UB yes

Definately a hard task master - but worth considering !!!

ed3D said:

Syezza said:

we gotta buy ours frown

Dragonfly

+ Nice cat looks mean+  

= an group of Unicorns +Unspecified number+ a few/  & a dragon stands with them(dragon with One Horn)

& a-unicorn says to dragon   " i don't think anyone , will beliv you're one / of us "  =

Thanx

Sounds like a good plan for a render !!!

ed3D said:

- And Then - 

some Incomplet  W.I.P.s 

thanx +

Could make a few more guesses but will wait to for the plot to thicken !!!

Headwax said:

Few weeks ago I did the king and queen for a chess set to three d print. Started in Carrara, took into meshmixer and did a bit of sculpting and added some blobs and creases and bases - have to redo the queen's base

Then brought back into Carrara for texturing and rendering. Used Statuatory shaders - chess board is simple checkers pattern with the Statuatory Marble shader as the white bit

Groovy looking pieces you have there !!!

Bunyip02 said:

ed3D said:

Syezza said:

we gotta buy ours frown

Dragonfly

+ Nice cat looks mean+  

Thanx

Sounds like a good plan for a render !!!

Thanx  =  but am sure , will not even start  this _ So , if some-one wamts make it  ,  go for it _ thanz 

Bunyip02 said:

Headwax said:

Groovy looking pieces you have there !!!

+ 1    ~.~

edited August 2022

Bunyip02 said:

ed3D said:

Bunyip02 said:

~  !BooYah!  ~ 
        +  Thanx  + 

Sorry to hear - was wondering where you got to, assummed you must have been feverishly working away !!!

Was thinking about extending the date by a couple of more weeks as some of the earler starters have gone quiet, would like their input into the Challenge !

well ,, Thanx  , yeh , was still  workin'  it  =  called &  "they"  said it would be two weeks ' 'Before anyone could come see about it  ):  "oh-noes" 

idk  how much time will need   ,,, yeh , more time is okay   ~.~   &  to get the others in  _

Post edited by ed3D on
    edited August 2022

Headwax said:

ed3D said:

- And Then - 

some Incomplet  W.I.P.s 

thanx +

nice saucers :)

ed3D said:

+ 1    ~.~   &   Thanx very much 

Post edited by ed3D on
    edited August 2022

Syezza said:

also found out not to ask the missus what's for dinner when she's half way through mowing surprise

&  perhaps you  " could made " an Dinner ,,, such as  "Cheeseburger Mac and Cheese"   thanx  ( the homemade kind )

Post edited by ed3D on

& Another  ~.~

-  thought of during the Nite  -
    St. Geogre &  the Dragon  _  thanx 

ed3D said:

Bunyip02 said:

ed3D said:

Bunyip02 said:

~  !BooYah!  ~ 
        +  Thanx  + 

well ,, Thanx  , yeh , was still  workin'  it  =  called &  "they"  said it would be two weeks ' 'Before anyone could come see about it  ):  "oh-noes" 

idk  how much time will need   ,,, yeh , more time is okay   ~.~   &  to get the others in  _

Okay, will extend the Challenge by another two weeks. On Saturday I'll adjust the dates shown at the start of the Challenge.

Still waiting on the early workers to show up - hope they do !!!

ed3D said:

& Another  ~.~

St. Geogre &  the Dragon  _  thanx 

Lots of possabilities !!!

edited August 2022

Bunyip02 said:

ed3D said:

& Another  ~.~