G8F Walking & Everyday Doorway Poses Sets

13»

Comments

• ed3Ded3D Posts: 2,132

Faeryl Womyn &  richardandtracy : 

Thanx very  kindly

_ do not want anyone to do any extra work  _ Out of curiosity , mostly _

• It isn't work, it's fun, and if you'd find it useful - ask. Despite my best efforts and lots of practice with my wife, I'm not a mind reader!
  • This is so weird. Just today i was thinking how i'd like to put hands in coat pockets with my characters.

Amazing pose freebies. Thank you so much.

• Glad to be of use. Regards, Richard.
  • My 30 Doorway poses are now collected together in a collection of over on Renderosity for a single download. May be more convenient that way. The collection is called 'G8F Everyday Door Poses 01 to 30 Collection'. The collection is too big to be attached to a forum post and I can't link due to forum rules about unsolicited links to pages with adverts on them. You can get to my freebies through the link in the signature line of this post visible on the desktop version of this post. Regards, Richard.
  • richardandtracy, Thank you Richard, I got the second set from the Renderosity page.

Its a time saving and very useful, no more individual zip files, that may drive crazy.

So my sanity is ok.

• WebsoulWebsoul Posts: 221

richardandtracy said:

My 30 Doorway poses are now collected together in a collection of over on Renderosity for a single download. May be more convenient that way. The collection is called 'G8F Everyday Door Poses 01 to 30 Collection'. The collection is too big to be attached to a forum post and I can't link due to forum rules about unsolicited links to pages with adverts on them. You can get to my freebies through the link in the signature line of this post visible on the desktop version of this post. Regards, Richard.

Thanks again, great collection of poses

• richardandtracy, is there any chance the pose sets can be converted from G8, G8.1 to G9?

The sets are really useful, unfortunately these poses don't work with the current G9 format.

I find the conversion tools exasperating to work with, not to mention that these are useless; can you port them to the new format?

I wish this petition is not too much to ask, thanks and keep the good work!

• Faeryl WomynFaeryl Womyn Posts: 3,560
    edited September 2023

Richard also has a converter for G9, just follow the link to renderosity and check the rest of his freestuff. He has converters for several of the Genesis series and they work very well.

Post edited by Faeryl Womyn on
  • richardandtracyrichardandtracy Posts: 5,531
    edited September 2023
    Must admit I'd do as Faeryl Womyn suggests, myself. I have done a freebie pose transfer script where the pose is applied to G8F, then the script copies the pose (modifying it as needed to suit) to G9. There are other scripts that do similar things, some paid, some for free. Not sure what your problem is with the convertors, maybe that's what needs addressing. Regards, Richard.
    Post edited by richardandtracy on
  • richardandtracy well is a long story, a long hiatus kept me away from my computer, I could not use Daz 3D.

This means I have to sharpening what I have learned before.

Do the freebie has some instructions inside the Zip file on how to use the converter? is there any particular issue I have to avoid when running the script?

I am not a seasoned Daz user, I do another things (providing tech support to some family members, unfortunately, they don't appreciate my help)

Anyway please let me know which converters do I need and I will try 'em, just wish me luck because I need it to succed on it.

edited September 2023

With my convertor you need to have a G8 and a G9 in the scene.

Apply the pose to the G8 figure.

Run the script.

In the little script window, Select the hip node of the G8 figure in a drop-down combo box labelled 'G8 Character' (I think). Select the hip node of the G9 figure in a drop-down combo box labelled 'G9 Character' (I think, or something similar). (The reason for selecting the hip is that the internal DAZ Studio Skeleton data structure needs to be identified for the script and if your figure has clothing etc then it's possible that it won't chose the main character and sometimes the script will find the clothing skeleton and throw an error because the clothing may not have finger or foot bones.)  If you want as much of the expression as possible to come over, tick the 'Transfer Face Rig' checkbox. Press the 'Accept' button to get it to run.

That should be all you need to do. Not everything comes over, as the script transfers the poses applied to bones in the figure. Things like 'Bend Ring Finger' ERC causes the finger bones (Ring1 Bend, Ring2 Bend and Ring3 Bend) to move, and those values will be transferred, but the value of the equivalent G9 'Bend Ring Finger' ERC will not be updated. Also, custom expressions that rely on a morph will not be transferred. If the expression is created by moving the eyebrows, eyelids, cheek bones etc, then that will be transferred to G9 as well as possible.

The script will make as much of the G8 pose appear on the G9 figure as possible.

There is a thread on it: https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/598316/g8f-m-pose-transfer-to-g9/p1, with a YouTube video explanation linked to on page 3 if that helps (https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/comment/7804911/#Comment_7804911).

Regards,

Richard

• ElorElor Posts: 1,143

Halcon Bluesky said:

Anyway please let me know which converters do I need and I will try 'em, just wish me luck because I need it to succed on it.

I can't say which is the best option, because I never tried @richardandtracy's converters, but there is also a set of free converters by @n_alexandru:

https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/605941/genesis-1-2-3-8-9-to-genesis-3-8-9-pose-converter-updated-2023-04-28

There is also a couple of paids options, but the free one I'm using is good enough for my needs.

edited June 2

I have finally got inspiration for another five walking poses 026 to 030, as shown below. As has been my recent habit, the pose is applied to a character with G8F's body & the head of Cherubit's amazing Milan figure. Clothing is from Sveva, and Goldtassel's Cafe Curls hair.

Each pose comes with a mirror, there is a zero pose too. The 256w x 512h px .tip images were used to form the collage above. Hope you find them of a little use.

Regards,

G8F Walking Poses 026 to 030 Promo.png
    800 x 800 - 696K
    zip
    zip
    G8F Walking Poses 026 to 030.zip
    1M