Introduce Yourself, Hello, my name is.....

1545556575860»

Comments

• edited February 28

Hey all, I'm Harold W. I'm kind of new to 3D, a few weeks messing around with it recently; I dabble with it a while back but struggled and lost interest. In the last year I have taken an interest into AI which lead me down the rabbit hole back to DAZ. Good changes have come along and I'm working through all of the tutorials. So this time should be more exciting, to say the least!

love, peace and chicken grease....

Post edited by hgwestjr_3550e2ea85 on
  • Hello Everyone,

Im newish; a hobbist, I generally enjoy the expericence. I give the models personalities and come to have a few favoirites. My best feeling is when I see a model (new or just new to me) and I just fall in love with it. I love that feeling of creating a whole world with just one smile or wink. Leaving a bit of myself in eash character, and then when I update or "remaster" a character with a new model I look fondly at who they were and where they have come. Hopefully I can make this more than a hobby but until then hello world Im Tony AKA Corehavoker AKA DigitalMess.

P.S I waited until feb 29 to write this! say hi to Mia LaRosa

• Hello! I'm Martin. I'm 50+ years old and decided to start DAZ artwork as my new hobby. I dipped my toe in DAZ a few years ago and was VERY intimidated by it, but now, I'm all in. Even got a DAZ+ membership. I'm hoping to get a lot of tips and tricks from the community. I've learned a lot but still has so much to learn! That's about it. Thanks!

• Stan NiceStan Nice Posts: 12

Hello there,

I'm Stan and started playing with DAZ a few weeks ago, mixing personnal discoveries and tutorials. I've been initialy trying to create renaissance model renders but it seems more easy to train with medieval fantasy. This software is spectacular and I cannot count the hours already spent on it, behind each hill there is a mountain. Expect me to ask basic questions since I'm really new !

• jcichon39jcichon39 Posts: 0

Hi, I'm Anavar or Jason as my Mom calls me. I am very very very new to Daz. Literally downloading it now. I have zero skills whenn it comes to things like this but I really wanted to learn how to use Daz as I would like to make my own VN. Any suggestions or help anyone can offer or point me to as to how to learn how to use Daz would be greatly appreciated.

Not a fan of Meatloaf the food but am an 80's generation guy so I liked Meatloaf the singer! Im more of a traditionalist when it comes to art and my favorite music is really anything from Sinatra to Metallica. I'm a surgical PA for the past 35 years and an Army combat veteran.

Again, any help or suggestions on how to learn and develop using Daz would be greatly appreciated! 

Cheers!

• Hello my name is Adam, but I go by the name Adam Metta Fusion, which I use for my artistic and musical endevours. Am new to Daz, really enjoying it so far, still have an incredable amount to learn. Am just going through the masterclass tuorials. Have already purchased a fair bit on here, mixture of circus, pin-up and vampire so far.Was originally only going to get Genesis 9 figures, but since there is so much more available for 8, plus great discounts, I quickly changed my mind. Even some of the pre 8 stuffstill looks really good. I intend to use Daz3d for my art and book / cd illustration, and If I come to enjoy it as much as I think I will, will probably investigate how to create models, clothes etc in the future.

• Hello Everyone!   I'm Shane nice to meet you all i should have everyone's name down in no time at all!  lol   This is my first experience with creating and building my own characters and everything else this intense.  I have played 3dxchat and I usually spend most of my time creating the complete outfit onsomble, I dont know woman do it on a daily basis!  Rockstars!  I'm a single 52 year old empty nester and I get tired of sitting around watching TV or talking to my dogs, so I stumble on this, while playing another online game and thought, hey that should be hours and hours of fun and money! :)   So off I go to try and learn what I can, any help would be greatly apprecaited and thanked.    Stay safe Everyone and Good Night!  

• n.aspros123n.aspros123 Posts: 152

Hi. My name is Nick.

I'm in my late 40s and lived my entire life in Australia. I used to work in a department store called Big W but stopped in 2019 to provide care assist for my Sister. I got into to using Daz Studio cause I'm in a Discord group called Jilleon which is short for Jill Valentine and Leon S. Kennedy from the Resident Evil/Biohazard franchise. Some of the members there have created some Fanart using Daz as well as Blender. So I thought I'd learn something new and geez there's lots to learn! I also do a little Sim racing on PC with a DIY Motion rig and VR HMD. 

20230614_201824.jpg
    4000 x 1848 - 2M
    20211023_111843.jpg
    4032 x 1908 - 3M
    20230929_170220.jpg
    4000 x 1848 - 1M
  • yevhenjohnyevhenjohn Posts: 3

Hello. Hope this still works

• saffsaff Posts: 0
    edited September 14

n.aspros123 said:

Hi. My name is Nick.

I'm in my late 40s and lived my entire life in Australia. I used to work in a department store called Big W but stopped in 2019 to provide care assist for my Sister. I got into to using Daz Studio cause I'm in a Discord group called Jilleon which is short for Jill Valentine and Leon S. Kennedy from the Resident Evil/Biohazard franchise. Some of the members there have created some Fanart using Daz as well as Blender. So I thought I'd learn something new and geez there's lots to learn! I also do a little Sim racing on PC with a DIY Motion rig and VR HMD. 

Hiya Nick! I'm Saff, that's my Nickname. I'm super duper new to Daz 3D and just started getting around to learning the UI and such. Your comment however piqued my interests because I'm a RE fan, aswell as a discord user. I'm quite interested in joining the Jilleon server if you're fine with it.

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on
    edited September 14

mrcolont said:

Hello Everyone,

Im newish; a hobbist, I generally enjoy the expericence. I give the models personalities and come to have a few favoirites. My best feeling is when I see a model (new or just new to me) and I just fall in love with it. I love that feeling of creating a whole world with just one smile or wink. Leaving a bit of myself in eash character, and then when I update or "remaster" a character with a new model I look fondly at who they were and where they have come. Hopefully I can make this more than a hobby but until then hello world Im Tony AKA Corehavoker AKA DigitalMess.

P.S I waited until feb 29 to write this! say hi to Mia LaRosa

Hiya, I too am new and a hobbist. Don't have an ounce of clue to who Mia LaRosa is, but if I happen to bump into somebody with that name, I'll let them know.

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on

GREETINGS people! I'm Saff, as the username suggests. I like colorful things and bugs, 3d, animation, dancing, music- pretty much anything to do with art! I just started Daz 3d, whilst tackling with school so I don't have much time for my hobbies due to exams and homework gnawing at my time, but I hope to keep daz studio as one of the journeys that I do not drop.
    I'm also learning Blender.

Oh right, I enjoy roleplay too, so me and my friends write a bunch of stories together!

yevhenjohn said:

Hello. Hope this still works

Yeah, it works :D

• Hello everyone

• Hi everyone,

I’m Hunter, totally new to DAZ 3D and still figuring out how not to make my characters look like aliens (unless that’s the goal!). Excited to dive in, learn the ropes, and maybe someday make something cool.

And the first question is... how do I change my avatar?!

• Hello my name is Jacob Weis. What inspires my artisticness is my elementary school art teachers and my Mom. My favorite musician is currently me, subject to change though. What makes me lovable and enjoyable is my love for others.

• Cris PalominoCris Palomino Posts: 11,226

huntermorrow3301 said:

Hi everyone,

I’m Hunter, totally new to DAZ 3D and still figuring out how not to make my characters look like aliens (unless that’s the goal!). Excited to dive in, learn the ropes, and maybe someday make something cool.

Welcome!

https://www.daz3d.com/forums/profile/edit Choose Change My Picture to add a new avatar pic. 

• Greetings everyone!

My name is Cassie but most online call me Sugah. I reside in the PNW area of the USA. I am very new to DAZ and have only been using it for about a month or so. I am not unfamiliar with virtual photography but I am totally new to the character creation, full on environment and scene creation process. I have been wanting to learn how to make art using DAZ and ultimately learn Blender for years and now here I am! I also dabble with digital painting and collage art. My art tends to lean more towards what I feel dreams look like. I can't wait to learn more and make some new art heart

• Cris Palomino said:

Welcome!

https://www.daz3d.com/forums/profile/edit Choose Change My Picture to add a new avatar pic. 

Thank you! Though I feel a little embarrassed now that it was so obvious.

• Hey, so I'm new to this whole DAZ thing. I've really only used an app called Nomad, on my phone. It's a 3D sculpting app. I see all these 3D models/characters people are doing and would love to know how to do it myself. Is there anyone who could help guide me on how to even get started? Like, where do I go and how do I get to the point where I'm making my own 3D model and customizing it? 

(I do realize this is no short answer, and I'm not always on here, so please be patient as I try to reply as fast as I can, Thank you.)

• condrey.s87 said:

Hey, so I'm new to this whole DAZ thing. I've really only used an app called Nomad, on my phone. It's a 3D sculpting app. I see all these 3D models/characters people are doing and would love to know how to do it myself. Is there anyone who could help guide me on how to even get started? Like, where do I go and how do I get to the point where I'm making my own 3D model and customizing it? 

(I do realize this is no short answer, and I'm not always on here, so please be patient as I try to reply as fast as I can, Thank you.)

Daz Studio is not a modelling or sculpting application, it has some basic teeaking tools but the actual content creation is done in other applications. Daz Studio is a dedicated tool for shaping, posing, and rendering assets that are created in other applications. I am not sure whether Nomad could be used to create morphs (new shapes) for figures in Daz Studio, certainly people who create content use a wide variety of tools.

Cris Palomino said:

huntermorrow3301 said:

Hi everyone,

Welcome!

omg thanks, I've been wondering this same thing too

huntermorrow3301 said:

Hi everyone,

nice cha meet ya!

Actually I'm also pretty new but I'm pretty curious to how do I change my pfp in a way I can find a list of similar pfp's that daz has already made for us? I just wanna see the different varieties of these silly sircle emoji guys