off topic thread

Comments

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675

its nachos nite

• DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,331

damn you Terrain party 

I want a greyscale of zhangjiajie national forest park but do you think any search gives results?

I tried the simplified and traditional Chinese characters too which it all is in,

tried looking at matching lakes and nearby landform it even has the airport labled in English

but only shows labels not topography (that option is blank) so difficult and every capture I grabbed missed it!

Probably some Secret Base!?!

damn you Terrain party 

I want a greyscale of zhangjiajie national forest park but do you think any search gives results?

I tried the simplified and traditional Chinese characters too which it all is in,

tried looking at matching lakes and nearby landform it even has the airport labled in English

but only shows labels not topography (that option is blank) so difficult and every capture I grabbed missed it!

get smart hdq?

Mystiarra said:

damn you Terrain party 

get smart hdq?

Shhhhh!!!

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 38,068
    edited July 2020

might need to buy Alessandro's version 

https://www.daz3d.com/the-lost-world

it will help Kendall's family too so good

but I actually wanted a Carrara terrain

Edit update

I have bought AM set, will see what I can do in Carrara later 

I am off soon to buy some RAM sticks!

Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on

I Love buying RAM sticks!!!

might need to buy Alessandro's version 

https://www.daz3d.com/the-lost-world

it will help Kendall's family too so good

but I actually wanted a Carrara terrain

Edit update

I have bought AM set, will see what I can do in Carrara later 

I am off soon to buy some RAM sticks!

That is So Cool! I made an EnvironKit called Sky Pillars that is very similar to that. I'll have to see if I can find it.

I have my 32 RAMs now baaaaing

hopefully I can load bigger scenes as I kept running out of memory before

well it was even worse trying to animate LAMH!!!

there is some serious memory leak involved syncing that in animation 

it awesome for Twinmotion though as that actually uses the RAM freeing up some of my 980ti memory 

I expect the same for Octane using out of core and possibly iray

and using replicators in Carrara

all the RAM chewing stuff

edited July 2020

it uses instances and in Poser a python script so cannot use that in Carrara, tried the result and it was still trying to load 6 hours later an obj was almost 7GB

in DAZ studio it converts to iray with the script I bought nicely

Carrara I might need to look at other options with the terrain no plants load and replicators

it reminds me of Avatar too

lost.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 634K
  • Bunyip02Bunyip02 Posts: 8,424

it uses instances and in Poser a python script so cannot use that in Carrara, tried the result and it was still trying to load 6 hours later an obj was almost 7GB

in DAZ studio it converts to iray with the script I bought nicely

Carrara I might need to look at other options with the terrain no plants load and replicators

it reminds me of Avatar too

I loaded just one cliff and it took several hours, was a bit slow trying to work around it in Carrara, so very heavy on the memory !

edited July 2020

yeah bare mountains it is then maybe make a Carrara tree distribution map from the rendered top view depth pass?

Carrara trees would be a better solution too as AM has a tropical vegetaion and Zhangjiajie is more Ginko Biloba trees

http://world-heritage-datasheets.unep-wcmc.org/datasheet/output/site/wulingyuan-scenic-and-historic-interest-area/

love you folks

vision got worse

give time Misty, healing takes a while and your brain needs to adjust

• SileneUKSileneUK Posts: 1,971
    Mystiarra said:

love you folks

vision got worse

Hang in there... as Wendy says, it takes time. WEAR SUNGLASSES. Wind is your enemy, not just sun.  heart Silene

edited July 2020

I often worry I might have a motor neuron disease 

but no point in finding out as they are all incurable anyway crying

I certainly do suffer nerve damage, that's a known diagnosis from my cervical vertebrae pinching but now instead of just weakness and numbness in both arms I am having actual continuous  pain and in the neck of course too, and the bursitis and shoulder inflexibility 

we all have to die from something but it's likely a very slow death

a motor neurone disease would just be a considerably quicker death

on the brightside my knees haven't been bothering me

SileneUK said:
    Mystiarra said:

love you folks

vision got worse

Hang in there... as Wendy says, it takes time. WEAR SUNGLASSES. Wind is your enemy, not just sun.  heart Silene

+1 yesheart

• DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,133
    Bunyip02 said:
    SileneUK said:
    Mystiarra said:

love you folks

vision got worse

+1 yesheart

+1 more - be well yes heart

• TorquinoxTorquinox Posts: 3,192
    Diomede said:
    Bunyip02 said:
    SileneUK said:
    Mystiarra said:

love you folks

vision got worse

+1 yesheart

+1 more - be well yes heart

+1 more - Hoping the best for you yes heart

I certainly do suffer nerve damage, that's a known diagnosis from my cervical vertebrae pinching but now instead of just weakness and numbness in both arms I am having actual continuous  pain and in the neck of course too, and the bursitis and shoulder inflexibility 

Oh Wendy. I am so sorry sadheart

Hello Wendy, was trying to think of something good & uplifting to say but was out of words. Hope your health improves or at least does not get worse !!!

edited July 2020
    Bunyip02 said:

Hello Wendy, was trying to think of something good & uplifting to say but was out of words. Hope your health improves or at least does not get worse !!!

well it is unlikely I have a motor neurone disease, they are pretty rare

just no point in finding out if one does

the other most likely possibility and I know I have but is getting worse fast is just arthritic wear and tear and won't kill me in any hurry

most people get arthritis, its the price of growing old

Misty won't die from going blind either but I cannot say thats a lot of fun broken heart

I do hope the operation is a success yes

Wendy, I had cervical spine issues when I was in my late 40s early 50s. Didn't help that I started doing a lot of computer work either.  Before my lower back problems, I did things that just aggravated it. I carried plastic grocery bags that were too heavy when walking to and from the store, made my arms numb.  I had done too much heavy lifting when we renovated a house which hurt my rotator cuffs and neck. The impact on my lower back came later when my graphic design job also had me carrying ream cartons of paper up and down stairs. Doh?  That was the icing on the cake for the lower back S1L5 for which I had surgery in 2014. There is still a weakness there which bulges once in a while. Also, heading for 71... arthritis is at work as you said. I take either naproxen or diclofenac and vitamins/supplements.

Newest device is an inversion table which I used when my lower back plays up and I need to uncompress my spine.  It's great.  I don't go for the upside down position, but do tilt as far as is comfy and bounce a bit to get the gentle stretching instead of hanging like a bat.  When I had just the neck trouble and was visiting my dad in the US, I went to a physio who did traction and it really helped. There are home devices where you hang a bag over the door with a chind/head sling to gently stretch the cervical area, but I found them weird.  This is great and does the whole spine!  We don't have a lot of room, so I take it down and put it away when not needed.  https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B0056176UK/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Anyways.. I also changed my computer workstation completely after leaving that job, and then again after back surgery.  And I have a back brace, in fact I bought one for my husband!  https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00YSS53EI/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1  I wear it at my work station if needed as it corrects my posture. Otherwise it's used for doing chores.

I have a foot rest, https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B000KTAUAQ/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1  and an orthopaedic chair https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00CA1DIGA/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1 to which I have added a waffle gel seat pad.  https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07S6MLWM2/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1   But the biggest help of all was getting rid of a regular mouse and going to a gaming trackball. https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B0042UINC6/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1 My arm and shoulder and neck are not not involved in mouse movement at all.  I have a cordless version, too.

In the past,  I have wondered if I might have spinal stenosis as I have a close relative I resemble who has it and had surgery.  But am not having arm trouble now, so maybe not, and it's just the lower bulge bulging out again. which throws my whole body out of whack.   https://www.arthritis.org/diseases/spinal-stenosis

heart  Silene

I do have and use an inversion table

yes my job was all heavy lifting for 39 years

I lurve my inversion table. 

My other worry now is that my imagination has gone flat.  Trying to dream up scenes and text to go with the illustrations is just hard work. Memory is OK, but creativity has taken a dive, even before covid. And no... wine does not help. Wish it did!

indecision  Silene

• TorquinoxTorquinox Posts: 3,192
    SileneUK said:
    My other worry now is that my imagination has gone flat.  Trying to dream up scenes and text to go with the illustrations is just hard work. Memory is OK, but creativity has taken a dive, even before covid. And no... wine does not help. Wish it did!

indecision  Silene

Imagination can be nurtured. Meditation and play are both good for that. Even as adults, we've got to play with materials, media, ideas, and so on. It's relaxing and beneficial.

edited July 2020
    SileneUK said:

I lurve my inversion table. 

indecision  Silene

Hello Silene, thats quite a few worries in the health side of things, hope your health stays good. Also hope your creativity mojo returns !!! heart

Post edited by Bunyip02 on
    edited July 2020

Hi Torq & Buny,  Any advice on getting the juices going again would be welcomed.  I am a voracious reader which is my escapism. I try to read what my interests for illustrating are, but also just for fun.  I play with my 5j year old granddaughter when she comes a full day each week now that school is out.  After she goes home, husband and me have this 'glow'.  It took a while to understand why as we are older first time grandparents and I'm the step mum to her dad, but she and her little brother 'bring the love with them' and it's contagious... in a lovely virus-way.

So I am open to ideas.  Having spent the last 6 years learning Carrara stuff, getting my certificate/diploma in archaeology and going to lectures, I want to get on with my prehistoric art and story-telling for museum and education materials.  Just need to get eyes sorted and I wonder if my discomfort after long screen sessions is a problem.  Also, I have had to reload all my 3D stuff 3x now due to crash and a rebuild. A bit of nervousness maybe that it will happen again.

heartenlightened  Silene

Post edited by SileneUK on
This discussion has been closed.