off topic thread

Comments

• mindsongmindsong Posts: 1,701

bad hair day

bad skin day

just bad

Save this one to post during the next 'store glitch' event forum thread...

just cuz...

--ms

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 38,069
    edited May 2020

the little girl is a Twinmotion animated character 

they all have set looped motions,

twinmotion speed depends entirely of graphics card,

is fastish but not as fast as most other peoples rigs, not realtime at that quality 

the UE4 shots are realtime Shadowplay captures, they have the running man

dancing man is in UE4 too, he is a 3Dscan person 

Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on
  • thedoctorthedoctor Posts: 197
    edited May 2020

I love how WendyLuvsCatz has integrated TwinMotion into her creative process. Really a great example of how these are all just tools for an artist to use.

I've jumped on the TwinMotion bandwagon myself and I'm using it to develop a comic-look style. Being able to do everything real-time with no rendering is mind boggling. This is Stonemason's Urban Future 5 with the Daz Cyborg Model 4 and a cape from Marvelous Designer. No post work whatsoever -- realtime render inside TwinMotion:

Daz Models Rendered in TwinMotion

The_Riveter.png
    1920 x 1080 - 3M
    Post edited by Chohole on
  • DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,135

Looks great, @thedoctor.  Wendy is an inspiration.

• SileneUKSileneUK Posts: 1,971
    Diomede said:

Looks great, @thedoctor.  Wendy is an inspiration.

+1 yesheart Silene

thedoctor said:

I love how WendyLuvsCatz has integrated TwinMotion into her creative process. Really a great example of how these are all just tools for an artist to use.

I've jumped on the TwinMotion bandwagon myself and I'm using it to develop a comic-look style. Being able to do everything real-time with no rendering is mind boggling. This is Stonemason's Urban Future 5 with the Daz Cyborg Model 4 and a cape from Marvelous Designer. No post work whatsoever -- realtime render inside TwinMotion:

Daz Models Rendered in TwinMotion

brilliant - Urban Future 5 exported/imported very nicely - what sort of energy does it take to finesse the materials to twinmotion (iray/3dl/?)

thanks for the sample - very cool result.

--ms

edited May 2020

the little girl is a Twinmotion animated character 

they all have set looped motions,

twinmotion speed depends entirely of graphics card,

is fastish but not as fast as most other peoples rigs, not realtime at that quality 

the UE4 shots are realtime Shadowplay captures, they have the running man

dancing man is in UE4 too, he is a 3Dscan person 

That's a lot of variables/integration going on there.

You did a vr360 cafe scene a while back, and it got me thinking that you could have a single scene encapsulate 10 distinct stories - just like real life in a cafe - it'd be a lot of work to explicitly manage each facet, but the story-teller's power available goes from infinite to 10 * infinite...

--ms

Post edited by mindsong on
  • thedoctorthedoctor Posts: 197

I've jumped on the TwinMotion bandwagon myself and I'm using it to develop a comic-look style. Being able to do everything real-time with no rendering is mind boggling. This is Stonemason's Urban Future 5 with the Daz Cyborg Model 4 and a cape from Marvelous Designer:

mindsong said:

brilliant - Urban Future 5 exported/imported very nicely - what sort of energy does it take to finesse the materials to twinmotion (iray/3dl/?)

thanks for the sample - very cool result.

--ms

I exported the Iray version as a dxf file and the textures came through quite nicely. TwinMotion has a very nice drag and drop material workflow so I chose some neon glow materials and dropped them on a few areas to add the neon light effects. Otherwise, the materials were untouched. You could, of course, go to town by adjusting materials for grunge, reflections etc. ... One thing to be mindful of is the fact that materials come in one-sided so you may experience tunnels that don't cast shadows from the sun above. You can easily select the surface in question and choose the "two-sided" option to rectify the problem.

So, I highly recommend the program to Daz artists. It will give you a whole new sense of your assets. 

edited May 2020

Twinmotion you cannot use your DAZ and other people animated just as props, I have occasionally imported posed objs, it's animation capabilities are limited to included content and paths, no keyframing so cannot even move objects except on a path, I use it mostly for what it is intended for, archvis walk and flyarounds of my various sets and populating them with their contemporary dressed people.

I still prefer it to Flowscape.

• StezzaStezza Posts: 8,006

I wonder how many bug reports have gone in to Daz saying that a space isn't recognised when changing their password to

7 characters

Stezza said:

I wonder how many bug reports have gone in to Daz saying that a space isn't recognised when changing their password to

7 characters

uh I must be dumbest but I only see two characters cheeky

edited May 2020

anyway Stezza

it's

charactercharactercharactercharactercharactercharactercharactercharacter

no spaces

but

most sites need a number and a capital devil

maybe lidocaine and Sydney enlightened

that's 8 characters cool  laugh

Stezza said:

that's 8 characters cool  laugh

ah I thought 7 was a minimum, is there a maximum though?

"password" has 8 characters - that's a clever one...

• Bunyip02Bunyip02 Posts: 8,424

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675

oh my gotta love the internet, so informative

cant tell if is still true today, canadian men prisons gave some tlc with something that looks like a long flexing spatula 

a silly animation of an AXYZ Anima import

the expressions in the close-up segment are rather intriguing.

how did you generate the dance motions? they are not robotic in the transitions.

If I can ask, why that name/title? - the granny part makes sense...

--ms

mindsong said:

the expressions in the close-up segment are rather intriguing.

how did you generate the dance motions? they are not robotic in the transitions.

If I can ask, why that name/title? - the granny part makes sense...

--ms

the Youtube Audio Library tune is called Meteor cheeky

the dance is the 4 seconds of the free Anima lite version limited export of a longer dance looped

she had no facial rigging or morphs so I created a morph target and roughmorphs using vertex selection and soft select and animated them as she had the underlying geometry ie teeth

has australia opened the pubs yet?

ise parched

Mystiarra said:

ise parched

they are pouring kegs at the breweries down the drain as getting too oldcrying

no still in lockdown but restaurants can have up to 10 people

• Steve KSteve K Posts: 3,227

25 Things People in Texas Are Tired of Hearing

https://bestlifeonline.com/texas-stereotypes/?utm_source=msn&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=msn-feed

My answers to some of them:

"Does everyone ride their horses to school?"
    I actually got asked something like this from an English person.  No, I have not even seen a horse in a week or so.
    "Is high school football just like Friday Night Lights?"
    Here in my Houston suburb of about 34,000, its pretty close.  The annual grudge match with the neighboring town is sold out months ahead every year.
    "Have you ever even seen trees before?"
    I was landing at Houston's smaller airport, near downtown, when a young girl looking out the window said to her mother, "They have trees here!"  Walking across the tarmac to the terminal (in maybe August), the same girl said, "This is like Africa!"
    "Do you even know what snow looks like?"
    Years ago I got up before sunrise and saw flashing lights ouside my apartment.  People were taking flash photos of snow that had covered the parking lot.
    "Don't you just love country music?"
    Depends.  If you count Lyle Lovett, Todd Snider, Jerry Jeff Walker, etc., then yes.
    "How close do you live to Dallas?"
    Too close.  During Hurricane Harvey, when coolers were in short supply, somebody posted a picture of the styrofoam cooler rack at Walmart.  Most shelves were empty, except for a shelf full of Dallas Cowboy logoed coolers.  We'll drink warm Lone Star beer first.
    "What kind of pickup truck do you drive?"
    Not an unreasonable question.  I don't, but over half of everybody else does.
    "What do you mean, you don't own a coat?"
    Its true.  A jacket, yes.  We go most entire winters without getting down to freezing.
    "It gets hotter in other places, you know."
    See "Trees" above.  A comedian at an outdoor festival in August, his shirt soaking with sweat, said he was going back to his old job as a tour guide in the Amazon.

• DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,135
    edited May 2020
    Mystiarra said:

ise parched

A Maryland beach bar issues social distancing bumpers.

Post edited by Diomede on

yes on June 1st they can open in NSW yes

guiness cans here are so cheapskzte made

tried to open one the tab fell apart, had to stab it open and there was no foams came out

my but so bony, dont know how to plump it up. no ones complimented my but since i was like 40 

Mystiarra said:

my but so bony, dont know how to plump it up. no ones complimented my but since i was like 40 

wish I could give you a fat donation enlightened

thanks lol

a girl needs to hear a compliment once in a while.  is too cold yet to go out flashing my tatts

was thinkin bout cheering myself up with a violet wand, thems pricey, eeks

i need a day at spa.

edited May 2020

I have to stop trying to help stubborn people 

just put another one on ignore

nobody in Carrara forum don't worry 

just someone always asking for stuff we can do easily

doesn't even know how to do stuff in her own app of choice either

This discussion has been closed.