off topic thread

Comments

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 38,069
    Mystiarra said:

searched for roots to make a root valentino render.

found the orb stalks, doesnt seem like they rigged.

you mean like this?

• Steve KSteve K Posts: 3,227
    Stezza said:

replaced the failing drive with a smaller drive ...

Must be a pandemic, my main Windows 10/Carrara machine decided to give a black screen instead of booting into Windows.  After some Googling and futzing, it seems to be an external USB drive.  If I turn it off, no problem for the boot, then turn it back on.  A fix is supposed to be disabling "Boot From USB" in the BIOS, but I can't find it.  So just turn it on after boot.  I hope.  The question is why all of a sudden with nothing changed after years?  And the answer is "Something Happened" (actual Windows 10 error message, but I did not even get that.  Just black)

• StezzaStezza Posts: 8,006

probably in advanced mode in your BIOS under boot options... it's fun playing with BIOS especially when everything goes belly up and you try to remember what did I do to do that cool

Stezza said:

probably in advanced mode in your BIOS under boot options... it's fun playing with BIOS especially when everything goes belly up and you try to remember what did I do to do that cool

the BIOS on my Win10 seems somewhat limited in options compared to my Win7 machine 

I had to change boot order there and also monitor options to not use my graphics card on one

I cannot seem to do it on the one I have Win10 one

its actually not that scary as you are not interfering with your operating system at all just whether your hardware loads it.

• Steve KSteve K Posts: 3,227
    Stezza said:

probably in advanced mode in your BIOS under boot options... 

Yeah, you would think. But I don't see it.  So just turn on the external drive after boot, us software types always take the workaround ... 

totally off topic

hence this thread

but

here are some truly scary faces, the result of bone rigging gone awry between softwares

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675
    Mystiarra said:

searched for roots to make a root valentino render.

found the orb stalks, doesnt seem like they rigged.

you mean like this?

ebil deadness!

for Val was thinkin nice nice stalks

i think this social distancing and pubs closed my sad love life is only in my dreamsland now,   wahhhh lemme out 

Grats! diomede on the 150-smiley

• DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,135
    edited May 2020
    Mystiarra said:

All praise to Alberto and his awesome Fluidos.  Thank you, Alvin Bemar.

Misty is referring to the following.  After a sales error, the Daz3D folks had a contest to say what our favorite product is, and the top 3 entertaining answers were to get a prize.  I was one of the three winners.  This was my response.  

My favorite product is Fluidos because...

"... if your governments don't deliver $100 beeelion dollars by Wednesday at noon, my space lazer will melt all the glaciers in the Alps, flooding all the cities along the Rhine.  Not even Agent 36-26-37 (V8) can stop my villainous plan.  Bwahahahahaha!!!!!"

https://www.daz3d.com/fluidos-for-daz-studio

Post edited by Diomede on
  • Bunyip02Bunyip02 Posts: 8,424
    Diomede said:
    Mystiarra said:

All praise to Alberto and his awesome Fluidos.  Thank you, Alvin Bemar.

Misty is referring to the following.  After a sales error, the Daz3D folks had a contest to say what our favorite product is, and the top 3 entertaining answers were to get a prize.  I was one of the three winners.  This was my response.  

My favorite product is Fluidos because...

"... if your governments don't deliver $100 beeelion dollars by Wednesday at noon, my space lazer will melt all the glaciers in the Alps, flooding all the cities along the Rhine.  Not even Agent 36-26-37 (V8) can stop my villainous plan.  Bwahahahahaha!!!!!"

https://www.daz3d.com/fluidos-for-daz-studio

Congrats on the win - oh-no to the cities on the Rhine...

edited May 2020

surprised my post even stayed up devil

bit of an Xrated Carrara gushing heart

Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on
  • StezzaStezza Posts: 8,006

Ted's shout yes

congrats wink

• mindsongmindsong Posts: 1,701

it got a grin from me.

I earned another 'transient' post this week in the DS beta forum.

It'd be fun if they had a 'Deleted Posts:' counter under the 'Posts:' count for users.

--ms

mindsong said:

it got a grin from me.

I earned another 'transient' post this week in the DS beta forum.

It'd be fun if they had a 'Deleted Posts:' counter under the 'Posts:' count for users.

--ms

I got one an hour ago, they don't even send emails anymore

I really should stay out of the other forums

I have nothing to contribute

anything I post if not ignored is immediately cut down but someone more expert

• DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,135

Yeah, I've had plenty of deleted posts, most of them deservedly so.  devil

Although to be fair to myself, I think more of my posts have been deleted as part of an entire line of discussion getting deleted than just my individual posts on their own.  No way for me to check though.  Does our post count include deleted posts?

I really enjoyed Misty's "Are you a threadkiller" thread because so many of us who have killed threads were unable to kill that thread, despite obvious efforts.  cheeky

Wendy, you have so much to contribute!  Don't let the b...s get you down.

edited May 2020

it's OK, here I am one of you regardless of my rig

whether one has a monster like yours or a budget one (I used Carrara on my Dell inspiron laptop in 2009)

Carrara still can do great stuff

out there, I lack the very powerful machine and graphics cards needed to render pretty photoreal DAZ Dollies in HD morph detail with Dforced everything

here we art around creatively heart rather than click and load the latest content devil

• SileneUKSileneUK Posts: 1,971

Nooooo... not the Rhine.  We have family in Karlsruhe!! crying  Silene

(Congrats!!!) yes

i was deltreed in the instances thread

edited May 2020

more orb stalks? (with dudes)

my email smiley [email protected]  (for the renders yoo cant post) angel

Post edited by Mistara on

been a few more since last post

Unreal Engine 5 looks awesome

I just came rushing in here to share this beast:

but now I'm guessing you've already seen it.

holy cow - should we be impressed or depressed...

cheers,

--ms

yes was even emailed it by both Epic games and a friend laugh

I mean, where do we go with this stuff?

The content is still king - locations, characters, stories - the parts with no shortcuts - but the presentation frameworks and 'direction' and management of it are changing so radically, it's hard to know where to plant your feet.

The entire contexts that we're using seem to be rapidly becoming obsolete for the presentation facet of our world here, yet they are still foundational for everything we're seeing in that demo.

I go between wanting to go play/master that world, and then I just want to turn off my machine and go for a walk.

The technologies are mind-boggling - all of the benefits without the 'tricks' (bump/displacement/maps/baking/etc) we've come to "master". I just finished 1200 L/R frames of a crude 3D-stereo VR360 walkthrough of a city-block, and it took 3 days at half the resolution I wanted to run it at... sigh. Yet some of this can only be appreciated if you've gone down our paths.

Specifically, the 'niagra' simulation of the bats/rats/bugs - would take weeks to manually automate. etc...

The cloth/water/rocks/dust ... jeez. The environmentally sensitive animations - hands 'knowing' not to go through doors - foot slippage - ha!

(BTW, I know that for quite a while, you've been way ahead of the curve on finding and appreciating these edges of the industry, which is why I was so blown away by this and literally jogged down the hall to post that link...)

At some levels, I know that I don't need to go there at all, as I like Bryce/Carrara (and even DS...) enough to spend a lifetime playing, but damn, if you want to tell a story and let the tools free you up to do so... you just can't ignore what they are showing us there...

Sorry for the monologing, but there aren't many folks in my local domain that would have any idea what makes all of that so mind-boggling. I appreciate the technologically appreciative peers in here and just need to vent this blown mind...

Anyway - pretty cool stuff, and given that it's on a Playstation, perhaps some of that cost-affordable tech will creep into our domain here.

cheers!

--ms

I don't share a lot of what I play with here as neither Carrara or DAZ content 

but this was my latest video using Twinmotion and UE4, the figures are nearly all TM and Unreal marketplace content (a couple of genesis and iClone Character creator ones thrown in)

slick - I'm drooling at doing 3d-vr360 scenes of that sort - picture 'how to train your dragon' and 'avatar' scenes done like that - then I see this in realtime - sheesh!

--ms

random Carrara video render (with Twinmotion backgrounds)

edited May 2020

bad hair day

bad skin day

just bad

Wendyne.jpg
    2000 x 2000 - 877K

I don't share a lot of what I play with here as neither Carrara or DAZ content 

but this was my latest video using Twinmotion and UE4, the figures are nearly all TM and Unreal marketplace content (a couple of genesis and iClone Character creator ones thrown in)

Lots of interesting things going on in there... The Bank lighting, cars, and idles were pretty good. The dude at the ATM was funny, as his dance just before the end... lol. The details in the fast-food joint were pretty funny too - the little dancing girl and her bored brother - classic.

How much of the idles/behaviors were automated - all of them, or do you provide placement and some character 'hints'?

Also, how long to animate that - just roughly - per frame and total?

I saw some of your early TM experiments but been too busy to browse other folks work lately - that was a fun break!

cheers,

--ms

This discussion has been closed.