off topic thread

Comments

• StezzaStezza Posts: 8,006
    edited November 2019

~ sweet ~

I modeled this fella up today starting with a sphere smiley enlightened

a sorta cross between a koala a bird and a dog/foxy thing with running shoes

with a tee ... not boned but maybe a kickstart to be improved upon ~ all in the zip file

a Mascot for Carrara ~ I named this fella MasCarra surprise

MasCarra.png
    640 x 480 - 142K
    zip
    zip
    MasCarra.zip
    Post edited by Stezza on
  • Adorable heart

• CbirdCbird Posts: 493
    edited November 2019

Purrrfect name!! He's so cute. I can't wait to try different haircuts for him smiley

Thank you, Stezza!

Post edited by Cbird on
  • MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675

~ sweet ~

I modeled this fella up today starting with a sphere smiley enlightened

a sorta cross between a koala a bird and a dog/foxy thing with running shoes

with a tee ... not boned but maybe a kickstart to be improved upon ~ all in the zip file

a Mascot for Carrara ~ I named this fella MasCarra surprise

thanks smiley

his shadow is orangie ?

started dabbling in carrara rigging. 
    think i understand the bone influences tab

i'm not understanding how to add an Actor bone or full body bone.
    when i try it removes all the pollies from the body parts.
    the exercise is to completely rig inside carrara 

• DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,133

Happy to be corrected, but I believe that Carrara rigging maps each vertex to a set of bones.  The bones are arranged in a hierarchy so that each bone is dependent upon earlier bones in the same tree.  The percentage influence on a vertex of all of the bones that influence that vertex equals 100%.  So if you add a bone to influence a vertex, you must subtract from the influence of other bones.  Your full body bone is substituting for other bones.  The rigging can be augmented with a set of morphs.

The ultimate parent bone, or top bone, is typically named hip, but that is just convention.

The "actor" in Daz figures is the mesh.

after i attach the skeleton, selecting the mesh, it wont move, only moves by selecting the top bone??
    did i do something wrong?  does it work that way when you do it??

similar mystery for the morph target areas,

it looks like the gen figures have a true full body morph, as in, its not a collection of ercs controlling individual body part morphs.

dont ee how to have it both ways in rara.  is either one big morph targer , adding a sub group removes it from the one big morph area

not sure where to start for mascarra's jaw and eyes  

make the morph areas first?

edited November 2019

still trying to do the sphere with dust. >.<

rendering out another attempt in 300 frames.  looks nuthin like it

Post edited by Mistara on

Party On

edited November 2019

Texas Tea

Pic of a roadside oil well during my recent travels.

oil well.jpg
    4032 x 3024 - 835K
    Post edited by Diomede on
  • Steve KSteve K Posts: 3,227
    edited November 2019

Attached is a historic photo of the Capitol grounds in Oklahoma City, my home town.  Those towers are not carnival rides ... 

OKC Capitol Derricks.jpg
    500 x 400 - 38K
    Post edited by Steve K on
    Diomede said:

Texas Tea

Pic of a roadside oil well during my recent travels.

seeing these always remind me of a dunking bird ...

• Catherine3678abCatherine3678ab Posts: 8,270
    edited November 2019

Did you know that a cat {or at least some cats} can jump back up in the air without touching the surface they were going to land on, and change their direction as to where it is they are going to land instead? Yes they can. I have witnessed this. Rendering out this aquarium reminded me of the day ...

One large athletic Manx cat. He could scale a bookcase that was 7 feet high. He liked to do that. But he didn't relish jumping down the full 7 feet so he would jump off the other side. On the other side was an aquarium situated on a normal height small table. The aquarium had one of those black plastic light holders for the fish. If you have never seen one in person, they are built to hold the light for the aquarium. They are not built to take the weight of a 20 pound cat landing on it from any height. So concerned that one day he would break that, falling through and zapping all the fishes plus himself of course, I decided to teach him a lesson. I waited until he was on his perch 7 feet high, then removed the top of the aquarium. As he came down, inches from destination, he realized that there was no top, just WATER! He recoiled upwards a good foot or so and redirected his landing position to be the floor, not the aquarium.

Did he learn not to jump up that bookcase, nope. He learned, I kid you not, to first check the aquarium and make sure that the top was on. Then jump to his perch.

He also liked to squeeze inside the metal bread box. He pushed through a gap, oh, about 1/2 inch, in order to do that one day. He knew how to unlatch the door, I had a bunch of heavy stuff blocking the door so it could not be opened hardly at all. What happened to the full loaf inside? Well apparently it made a good mattress. Full loaf totally flattened.

He also knew how to open patio doors.

Cats can change direction mid jump.png
    1000 x 1000 - 1M
    sniff.png
    1083 x 615 - 64K
    Post edited by Catherine3678ab on
  • WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 38,068
    edited November 2019

They're smart,

one of mine jumped on the aquarium minus by then sturdy lid and was suddenly balancing like a trapez artist on the thin edge of the tank.

Unfortunately it had the sturdy lid I had removed for feeding because another one had broken the thin glass one leaving a blood trail throught the house and me panicking as I held a cloth to his ripped neck that fortunately missed the jugular, he got stitches at the vet but was very lucky.

they balanced on the top of my wildly wobbling 50" flatscreen TV too which was terrifying.

both gone now my newer cats not discovered those dangerous acts yet, but these ones do open my doors jumping on handles.

Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on

I had a feral cat in a hessian bag once and it hopped all the way down the street in the bag!... bugger was hard to catch... surprise

• I fixed it but I just noticed iPad turned all my sturdys into studys

• Catherine3678abCatherine3678ab Posts: 8,270
    edited November 2019

The joys of spellcheck ;-)

Have one program that insists to spell a word as "modeling" and another program that insists to spell the same word as "modelling" ... so the word gets spelt or spelled either way.

Post edited by Catherine3678ab on
  • TangoAlphaTangoAlpha Posts: 4,584

Yup, English or American. Two ells is of course correct. wink

• but it looks funny that way ;-)

i changed my siri to speak australian smiley

never understood why they dubbed the road warrior movie.  i can understand australian.

siri's irish voice was anther matter, couldn't understand her speaking the weather report.  sleet coming down outside.

Thank You, Carrara-ists

We Americans just celebrated our Thanksgiving.  Want to express my thanks for the wonderful folks who frequent the Carrara forum.  Y'all are awesome.

I see that I have a lot to catch up in the various threads.  Yay.

dressing up the squirrels for holiday

edited December 2019

I really don't understand people and why they feel the need to make some of the comments they do on one's YouTube video.

I did not think I was a psycopath with an evil mind for rendering an animation

anyway I just deleted half my YouTube videos

not that one

I am at a bit of a crossroads at the moment wondering why I even bother uploading stuff

• BrianP21361BrianP21361 Posts: 807
    edited December 2019

I really don't understand people and why they feel the need to make some of the comments they do on one's YouTube video.

not that one

I am at a bit of a crossroads at the moment wondering why I even bother uploading stuff

Wendy, Don't pay attention to them! Do it for yourself and those who appreciate your work. There will always be people on line that bash others and spread hate. It's easy to do when you remain annonomouys and can hide behind your words. I've alway admired your work and what you do; how you selfishly help others, including myself. Our styles are completely different, but  you've been a big inspiration to me and countless others. Please don't give up!

Post edited by BrianP21361 on

not that one

Wendy, Don't pay attention to them! Do it for yourself and those who appreciate your work. There will always be people on line that bash others and spread hate. It's easy to do when you remain annonomouys and can hide behind your words. I've alway admired your work and what you do; how you selfishly help others, including myself. Our styles are completely different, but  you've been a big inspiration to me and countless others. Please don't give up!

+1

edited December 2019

I need to rethink YouTube and what sort of content I upload anyway

I pretty much deleted anything that could be concieved child friendly for example.

one of my last and very well recieved ironically videos was restricted 18+ and used the genesis male anatomical element! not something I would normally upload.

was that the talking mimic anatomical one?

my old favorite was the ravenskull one singing in her nighty.heart
    i've tried singing to that audio track, is extremely efforting, made me appreciatre your work on it even more. smiley

and the of course heartthe signs one that sounds like daleks.

• Mystarra said:

was that the talking mimic anatomical one?

my old favorite was the ravenskull one singing in her nighty.heart
    i've tried singing to that audio track, is extremely efforting, made me appreciatre your work on it even more. smiley

and the of course heartthe signs one that sounds like daleks.

no a new one I cannot link

edited December 2019

do 3d coat and marvelous designer do the same thing?

i dont understand how clothing meshes have such perfect quads,
    i cinch in a waist and it becomes tapered quads chaos

starting to think i could make some use of zbrush.

Post edited by Mistara on
This discussion has been closed.