off topic thread

Comments

• Mystarra said:

Mystarra said:

crisp radish good for a tongue tingle

cant help but wonder how george is enjoying his hairy cucumber. with balsamic vinigrette or olive oil.

in other frustrations, toe morph i made works in DS but not carrara.  those verts just no wanna move
    checked twice, is not a rigid group problemo.  but atleast it isolated the vert numbers for further investigation.

Did you try adjusting the rigging to the mesh?

no i didn't  ??  do you mean detach the skeleton and re-attach?

nother thing i don't understand,

the deltas in the morph came to 64 count.

for the morph i selected 10 pollies on 3 toenail beds. using loop
    10 x 3, should be 4 verts pere polly
    i should have 120 count in the delta

but the 64 verts aren't moving.

so, i should try deleting the toe_2 bone and re do it?

No. I'll go into D/S and get you some images as to what I'm talking about. We don't delete anything!

• Catherine3678abCatherine3678ab Posts: 8,270
    edited October 2019

I morph using Hexagon, just select mesh and move it about. I used Genesis in this example as it's less complicated to play with.

The images are numbered in order, think I remembered all the main points. If not, ask.

001 before.png
    1600 x 772 - 195K
    002 morph dialed in.png
    1292 x 733 - 152K
    003 right click on bone.png
    1183 x 712 - 133K
    004 it moves the bones.png
    440 x 580 - 41K
    005 but when dialed out bones stay out so we need to fix that next.png
    1315 x 706 - 139K
    006 right click to edit right click again select ERC Freeze.png
    1252 x 721 - 163K
    007 all to be done is hit accept.png
    568 x 751 - 76K
    008 now with morph at 0 bone is where it should be too - if like Save the Morph.png
    1278 x 688 - 175K
    Post edited by Catherine3678ab on
  • SileneUKSileneUK Posts: 1,971

Catherine3678ab  Hexagon... who knew!  I, too, with you could just detach and attached skeletons in Carrara.  blush  Silene

• Sadly there have not been enough days in the hours for me to master anything in Carrara. I would like to ... esp. the modeling and uvmapping part.

• DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,133
    edited October 2019

Catherine3678 and I seem to be model migrating in opposite directions.  LOL.  I'm practicing more with Hexagon.  Had a little trouble in the beginning but getting better.  Never seem to know when I'm supposed to validate.

Morphs for Daz figures can be made in Carrara for those more comfortable with Carrara's modeler. There is no bridge, but the obj export format from Carrara and import format for Daz Studio are labeled.  You can see an example of a morph that required adjusting the rigging here (and following posts in that thread).  https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/comment/4047206/#Comment_4047206

It would be super-terrific news if creating a morph and using the automatic adjust rigging to shape fixed the toe issue.  Perhaps if it doesn't work in one go, the weightmapping of the toes can be adjusted with the morph?   My fingers are crossed.  

Post edited by Diomede on
  • Diomede said:

Catherine3678 and I seem to be model migrating in opposite directions.  LOL.  I'm practicing more with Hexagon.  Had a little trouble in the beginning but getting better.  Never seem to know when I'm supposed to validate.

Morphs for Daz figures can be made in Carrara for those more comfortable with Carrara's modeler. There is no bridge, but the obj export format from Carrara and import format for Daz Studio are labeled.  You can see an example of a morph that required adjusting the rigging here (and following posts in that thread).  https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/comment/4047206/#Comment_4047206

It would be super-terrific news if creating a morph and using the automatic adjust rigging to shape fixed the toe issue.  Perhaps if it doesn't work in one go, the weightmapping of the toes can be adjusted with the morph?   My fingers are crossed.  

Always, anytime, esp. if getting a funny feeling that just maybe ... hehehe ... Validating is like putting up a complete stop sign to Hexie to stop doing whatever it 'thinks' it's doing and free it to do something else. For example, esp. when returning to Hexagon from having set anything over the Bridge to D/S. Hexagon is 'still there' ... so Validating it brings it back to itself so one can continue working in it.

Also, there is no such thing as having too many saved files. Save As, Save, Incre Save ... and for long complex project, NEST folders too. I say nest 'cause that's a fast way to make new folders and find one's work later. Hexie only did this "once" but still ... every now and then it cannot make a save, something has gone wrong and it will tell you so. Sometimes you can rescue the project by doing one more action [something VERY simple] and then a save as. Normally it alerts on the file ... but like I said, "once" it did not. It ruined not only the file I was working on, but EVERY file in the folder. Exporting out an .obj every now and then is also a good practice. It is a lot more satisfying feeling to delete a gig's worth of unneeded backup files that loosing a week's worth of work.

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 38,066
    edited October 2019

I tried this too a while back, some version of DAZ Studio Carrara stopped seeing or the sliders don't work for  many of the morphs I make, it's the case for many PA products too, not solved it yet.

Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on
  • MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675

I morph using Hexagon, just select mesh and move it about. I used Genesis in this example as it's less complicated to play with.

The images are numbered in order, think I remembered all the main points. If not, ask.

thank you very much for these.

luckily t day staycation coming up  i'll have a whole week to try this on g8f.

i just don't understand why carrara won't touch those toenail bed pollies.

beyond the z/y swap tween carrara and ds, there no sane reason why it won't work!

it's the curse of the chew loo thew

• Catherine3678abCatherine3678ab Posts: 8,270
    edited October 2019

You're most welcome :-)

- Maybe grab a copy of Hexagon while it's still free ;-)

In Hexagon one can make the faces "transparent" and then loop select through the entire mass. Very convenient at times.

Post edited by Catherine3678ab on

need shader setting for a nice drow skin.

my setting turn it whitish.  dohh

had a moment of weakness.  sent in a support ticket on the general weight thing in carrara

said like, if we work together as a community, we can figure out how to flip that general switch in carrara, mebbe with a python script.  we see the rigging working in the bone shadows.  just need the switch that  turns on the skin binding

now i'se feeling rebellious

want to make things that only work in carrara that look fabulous, stuff they can't do in DS\

A lot of Genesis 2 stuff cheap for them I see indecision

but by the time I pay for a membership its just waaaay too much money especially with more of those collective 3D houses,

I would have bought every one of them

just keep telling myself how much I have saved yes

Finally got Fuse working through Adobe cloud too so can Mixamo rig them with morphs

don't work in Carrara as is but I can make them as they do work in iClone and I can export morph targets!

• Bunyip02Bunyip02 Posts: 8,424

A lot of Genesis 2 stuff cheap for them I see indecision

but by the time I pay for a membership its just waaaay too much money especially with more of those collective 3D houses,

I would have bought every one of them

just keep telling myself how much I have saved yes

My savings are gone this month - more toys to play with though !

I will need to model my own houses by looks wink

yeah, non pc prices a rude awakening

on the bright side, when i sort store low to high, i see different sutff.

limited now to the stuff in fast grab.

Mystarra said:

yeah, non pc prices a rude awakening

on the bright side, when i sort store low to high, i see different sutff.

limited now to the stuff in fast grab.

Its stopping me buying stuff

with all those awesome things for 1.99 I would have spent hundreds of dollars by now 

• StezzaStezza Posts: 8,006

I haven't spent a dollar on any 3d or software....

but have on lunches and dinner dates this week with family & friends .... fixing computers for free still has it's perks cool

i been spending on hardwares.  

boubh usb 3 hub  but bought  the wrong cables.  accidentally got samsung charging cables.  was trying to by usb3 for the new hub.  dunno if there a difference in cables for usb2 vs 3.0  dohh

and blu rays of inspiring vids like river dancing and transformers. and deadpool  want my dragons to do that leap in the air, shoot from a 3 and half tand 1 quarter twist, sommersault thing  lol 

Yukio and Negasonic so cute together, they were like "what have we done" 
    those 2 were savvy enough to fix a time trvel device!

Stezza said:

I haven't spent a dollar on any 3d or software....

but have on lunches and dinner dates this week with family & friends .... fixing computers for free still has it's perks cool

Need to stop buying and make stuff like you do !!!

• StezzaStezza Posts: 8,006

especially at the current $ rate!

$1AU = .68cUS

plus bank fees ... not economical at all. cool  yes

But that Kitbash3D Apocalyptic mini kit looks rather tempting....

Been having a bit of a splurge on the $1.99 items, some good buys to be had. Still need to arc Silo, Hexagon, 3DCoat, & Carrara up and make some items - get side tracked too easy, should do a Stezza and alocate some time to it !!!

I am going through all my Rendo content af the moment looking at stuff I have never rendered

if there was nit enough DAZ stuff!

yeah the PC+ could have easily sent me broke if I joined see all the lovely stuff at their dear prices each day and what it says PC+ is

but

I need to curb my spending, I am getting no joy on the general forum lately, feel very unwanted and shunned

Carrara forum with everyones creations is like a breath of fresh air and I have been looking at those Lorettas and Lorenzos and realising how many morphs they have too, need to do about 4 or more mimic dmc files though as they all heve different phonemes

With my content I do renders choosing items at random so I get to use them, somtimes it's quick and simple other times I get involved with the scene and populate it a bit.

I had previously used the Lorez models as background fillers, joining in Stezza's challenge made it into using the full aspect of the models, lots more uses for them then one realises.

As regards Mimic hope you do well, not something I've greatly used but is on my to-do list.

Will need to do some serious saving once the PC+ sale is over - might be a good incentive to make models instead of buying them !

edited October 2019

Ironically I have money coming but hope to put it towards electrical work and solar panels

I am getting refunded all my tax this year because I was well below the threshold 

which while it sounds good actually means I have been surviving on an oily rag with little margin for extras

Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on

Ironically I have money coming but hope to put it towards electrical work and solar panels

I am getting refunded all my tax this year because I was well below the threshold 

which while it sounds good actually means I have been surviving on an oily rag with little margin for extras

Hope you can have some fun even though the budgets low !!!

isthere a big cat uvs out there for big cat 2?

was thinking the big cat realfur might work on big cat 2 if it hax the uvs smiley

mewwwr kitteh

mann is a lot easier to resist buying stuff w/o the pc discount.  46 bux for a base figure

No none of DAZ animal UV's match it needs that AND the same vertex count

many Hivewire ones do and can use same texture and fur too

This discussion has been closed.