Wacky Modelling ~ In Carrara ~

Comments

• StezzaStezza Posts: 8,006
    edited May 2019
    Steve K said:

My wife & I tried to attend a World Cup cricket match in London years ago.  Took the Tube to the stadium (Lord's? Maybe the other one) and found the only remaining tickets were 100 pounds, which was ... lessee ... a lot.  So we went back to the Tube station which was closed for boarding, only dropping off the big crowds.  So we walked to the next station (a few blocks) and went back to the pub and watched.  Probably had a better view anyway, the action is WAY out in the middle of a big ... pitch?  No, field.  That evening I asked a young waiter who won, he said beats him, he's going home to watch the N.Y. Yankees.  There was a big expo at Covent Garden at the time for ... Major League Baseball.

either Lords or The Oval I guess.... we have bigger capacity grounds here in Oz.. yes
    but is expensive to go to a game with the family.

Bravo Stezza!!!

smiley  yes

Lorenzo as Mr Bean.... nicking the cup off the Aussies ( using my Wacky models except for the mini lol ) laugh

Bean Nicked.png
    800 x 600 - 338K
    Post edited by Stezza on
    edited May 2019

we don't have Twinkies... had to look 'em up

so I modeled a wacky twinky plate with 'em for you to play and experiment with.. shaders I used anything goos..

zip file attached with twinkies wink  yes

Twinkies.png
    640 x 480 - 173K
    zip
    zip
    Twinky plate.zip
    Post edited by Stezza on
  • DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,331

Sweet! (get it?)

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675

twinkies  yayy  thanks!!

twinkies comes from hostess.

ring dings come from drakes.

• Steve KSteve K Posts: 3,227

Some people say that twinkies, after several centuries, will be exactly the same as the day they're made.  In Pixar's "Wall-E", the only surviving non-robot on a ruined planet earth is a roach, who lives on ,,, you guessed it ... ~2:50 below

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IJ07DcGGmMg

• Persona Non GrataPersona Non Grata Posts: 1,365
    edited March 2021

Post edited by Persona Non Grata on
  • TangoAlphaTangoAlpha Posts: 4,584

I seem to remember a movie where one of the few things that survived the zombie apocalypse was truckloads of Twinkies. Since I've never even seen a Twinkie, yet alone eaten one, the humour of that situation passed me by. But there ya go, lol.

edited March 2021

• BrianP21361BrianP21361 Posts: 807

I seem to remember a movie where one of the few things that survived the zombie apocalypse was truckloads of Twinkies. Since I've never even seen a Twinkie, yet alone eaten one, the humour of that situation passed me by. But there ya go, lol.

It was Zombieland and Woody Harelson's character who searched everywhere for Twinkies. 

There was also a Family Guy episode where the Griffins walked to a nearby Twinkie factory in Framingham, MA (not far from where Ilive) because Peter thought that Twinkies would have survived the apocolyps. I think it's because all the ingredients in Twinkies are artificial and therefore won't spoil. 

sounds like zombies and twinkies go hand in hand surprise

Since I've never even seen a Twinkie, yet alone eaten one, the humour of that situation passed me by. But there ya go, lol.

.. yep... we'll just stick to crumpets yes

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 38,074

sounds like zombies and twinkies go hand in hand surprise

Since I've never even seen a Twinkie, yet alone eaten one, the humour of that situation passed me by. But there ya go, lol.

.. yep... we'll just stick to crumpets yes

Lamingtons for the win yes

or Weston's Wagon Wheels... the full size not the minis yes

mmmmmm crumpets!

Even full size wagon wheels shrank. And they don't tase as good sad

• DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,135
    edited May 2019

Are crumpets and Krimpets similar?

krimpets.JPG
    720 x 292 - 47K
    Post edited by Diomede on

Not even close

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crumpet

I spent my last year at work packaging them too and cleaning the crumpet cooking machine

• DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,135

I wonder if I can find crumpets somewhere.  A quick internet search says that a Trader Joe's (food market) carry's crumpets. Another internet search says that there was a bakery in San Antonio called Crumpets Bakery.  Recently closed, but how did I miss a San Antonio bakery back when I lived in the area?  Anyway, my quest for a good crumpet will begin next week.  

Love crumpets as the weather starts to get colder... best with Rose’s Raspberry Jam..

also if cooked in toaster I like three push downs where the missus prefers two... I like them with slightly burnt edges yes

i hope your crumpet quest is successful  smiley

Well, it's that they're loaded up with preservatives! LOL

For those who have never tried them, it's yellow sponge cake in the shape of a miniature loaf of bread, filled with creamy white fluff

It was Zombieland and Woody Harelson's character who searched everywhere for Twinkies. 

There was also a Family Guy episode where the Griffins walked to a nearby Twinkie factory in Framingham, MA (not far from where Ilive) because Peter thought that Twinkies would have survived the apocolyps. I think it's because all the ingredients in Twinkies are artificial and therefore won't spoil. 

I wanna try crumpets too! Better yet, I want a Crumpet Cooking Machine!

edited May 2019

Bit of a meandering from Stezza’s whacky modeling thread (unless I try modeling it)

but the crumpet cooker rather fascinating in itself, it was a belt of basically large egg rings that sat over a tread of metal cooking plates which rotated around rows and rows of Bunsen burners 

the batter mixture was poured in a hopper that swirted the right amount in each ring which then moved along the burners bubbling and cooking then under a griller plate before being depanned onto an extensive cooling spiral before arriving on a belt to me to stack in the flow wrapping machine,

Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on

Must... have... Crumpet!

edited May 2019

BTW if you do cook them yourself you use a frypan and egg rings

this is from scratch I better add, easier to buy them and put in a toaster 

https://www.goodfood.com.au/recipes/dan-lepards-crumpet-recipe-20180703-h1260l

Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on

In a toaster . . . don't forget to totate them between push downs, otherwise the top'll be burnt while the bottom is raw!

(BTDT)

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604

but my egg rings have a ltittle chick on them.   I don't think he approves of anyonme using his ring to cook the crumpet.

edited March 2021

Selinita said:

Peanut Butter on crumpets - my favourite !

smooth or crunchy? laugh

I'm going to try and model a crumpet today!

• Steve KSteve K Posts: 3,227

I don't remember seeing any crumpets in Texas.  Honey buns, moonpies, funnel cakes, fried pickles, kettle corn ... but not crumpets.  As Robert Earl sings about honey buns:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pv6OvaQ1aAU

This discussion has been closed.