Wacky Modelling ~ In Carrara ~

Comments

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 38,072
    Vyusur said:

this wacky model I started from a cylinder is of a gymboot... these days they call them converse... cool

I guess, with a little more effort it could be a product.

Stezza....  how did you 'rig' it?   I still have problems with G3 shoes even doing Misty's convert to blended and saving as a figure prop after appplying to her Carrara G3 in DS, then putting them onto the Carrara G3 character in Carrara.  They fit, but I have to pose the figure first, then put the shoes on. Otherwise the soles stay 'glued' to the floor.  I can get around it by making each shoe a separate object, then parenting each to the left and right foot in Carrara. BUT I do not have the metatarsal or ankle/foot bend ability.  So how to rig that part???  Sorry not to be around much... just a lot going on in real life. I am still tryint to work on the NPR character scenes.

smiley Silene

I think that is Veronika's Leon

those later genesis charcters have a foot issue hers does not suffer from

• StezzaStezza Posts: 8,006

Hi Silene..

from memory ( House Rules is about to start )

after modeling the shoes I loaded Leon's sandles into Carrara then I modeled the shoes to shape using the sandals as atemplate. Once happy with that I exported my shoes to OBJ using DS as the export scale..

Then start up DS yuk!

load Leon add his sandals then import the shoes OBJ fie and adjust to fit Leon as close as possible..

I then deleted Leon... and used the transfer utility to transfer from the sandals to the shoe OBJ

deleted the sandals and then saved the shoes ... Loaded up Leon and then see if the shoes fit him in the usual fit to way... 

Mine worked first go so I didn't bother with any adjustments and doing it again.. just luck I guess..

Then start up Carrara, load Leon and dress him up with my new shoes.. yes

I'm pretty sure those were the steps I did.

• VyusurVyusur Posts: 2,235

Perfect recipe, Dave! That's what calls "using templates".

BTW, I never tried to wear this kind of shoes without laces surprise

• SileneUKSileneUK Posts: 1,971

Oh that's an interesting 'recipe'... I will make a template. Maybe I can get Leon based shoes to go onto Misty's C3 people?  surprise Silene

• DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,135

Interesting that you use the sandals for the transfer utility instead of the Leon figure.  I have been using Leon (or Genesis or whatever) in the transfer utility.  Would I be better off using a clothing item for the figure?  Or, is that just for shoes and other footwear?  Maybe it makes no difference?

mmm.. I dunno

I just thought I'd try it that way ( as I also do what you do ) to be different and to see what would happen..  cool

I think you may be right... makes no diff . smiley

Vyusur said:

Perfect recipe, Dave! That's what calls "using templates".

BTW, I never tried to wear this kind of shoes without laces surprise

I think it's a boy thing... we used to as kids do that for some unknown reason... devil

mushrooms.... awesome Wendy yes

today's wacky model is a scooter like I had when I was a kid..... no brakes and all!

attached inside the zip file for you to experiment and texture with wink

for those that may of missed the wacky scooter post on the previous page... .

• VyusurVyusur Posts: 2,235

The red scooter is absolutely stunning. I never could skate them.

• Bunyip02Bunyip02 Posts: 8,427

mushrooms.... awesome Wendy yes

today's wacky model is a scooter like I had when I was a kid..... no brakes and all!

attached inside the zip file for you to experiment and texture with wink

for those that may of missed the wacky scooter post on the previous page... .

Scoot n Boots - awesome work !!

• DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,331

Oh that's an interesting 'recipe'... I will make a template. Maybe I can get Leon based shoes to go onto Misty's C3 people?  surprise Silene

I think what Vyusur meant was this:

He used the Sandals (that were made for the figure in question) not only to model around, but also as the rigging source (by transferring the rig from the sandals to the shoes in DS)

Yeah... really nice scooter! Love it!

• Bunyip02Bunyip02 Posts: 8,427
    edited May 2019

Snoopy-Scooter

SnoopyScooter 1 FiltForg.png
    1600 x 1000 - 4M
    Post edited by Bunyip02 on
    edited May 2019

way to go Snoopy lol yes

whilst procrastinating today the song PinBall Wizard came on the music channel I listen to...

so... wacky modeling time

PinballMachine.jpg
    800 x 600 - 195K
    Post edited by Stezza on

So Cool!!! :)

There has to be a twist!

• Steve KSteve K Posts: 3,227

way to go Snoopy lol yes

whilst procrastinating today the song PinBall Wizard came on the music channel I listen to...

so... wacky modeling time

Ah, yes, the major portion of my college time ... 

Great song, I have a magazine CD with a demo version.  The Who don't get enough credit ... yes

So Cool!!! :)

There has to be a twist!

he's modeling morrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrre.... lol

not wrong Steve K...  must get CSI to investigate this.. 

Elton John's weirdness fits well in this context ... cheeky

Here's the demo version I mentioned ... this song might be a keeper ... 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gvfz08FjP8o

edited May 2019

a bit more wacky modeling.... for the pinball wizard... whilst humming along... wink  smiley

Pinball Machine and boots.png
    800 x 600 - 335K
    Post edited by Stezza on

modeled a Wacky Trident incase Neptune turns up one day!

That's a Kick Ass Ankle Trident!!!

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675

Encore for the fluffy emu??!! heart

• DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,135

More wonderful modeling, Dave.  The rock opera, Tommy, was recently a point of discussion in a classic movies group.  Your Elton John boots were spot on!  Great job on tridens, furry animals, and all the rest.

thanks Ted smiley

today's Wacky Model is a World Cup cricket trophy..... just so happens to start at the end of the month. aussie aussie aussie yes

yes  That's excellent!

edited May 2019
    Mystarra said:

smiley

Cricket WC2019.png
    800 x 600 - 587K
    Post edited by Stezza on
  • HeadwaxHeadwax Posts: 9,969

wow Stezza, your work is just getting more splendiferous every post !

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675
    Mystarra said:

smiley

Bravissimo!!

Emu footy ball trophy?

My wife & I tried to attend a World Cup cricket match in London years ago.  Took the Tube to the stadium (Lord's? Maybe the other one) and found the only remaining tickets were 100 pounds, which was ... lessee ... a lot.  So we went back to the Tube station which was closed for boarding, only dropping off the big crowds.  So we walked to the next station (a few blocks) and went back to the pub and watched.  Probably had a better view anyway, the action is WAY out in the middle of a big ... pitch?  No, field.  That evening I asked a young waiter who won, he said beats him, he's going home to watch the N.Y. Yankees.  There was a big expo at Covent Garden at the time for ... Major League Baseball.

Bravo Stezza!!!

This discussion has been closed.