is everyone rendering individual frames? etc

13»

Comments

• DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,332
    edited March 2016
    MistyMist said:

@aspin   thanks!!  did you customize a template, or was a default?

Sorry to jump on this one...

Once you decide on a final output that you want to use, I suggest that you set up your default to that under preferences for every New project. Then during times when you want to do something different, you still can, but you won't have to try and remember what to do each time you start up. Anyways...

I'm on Windows, and I've found that WMV files output works well for storing to my hard drive, then uploading to YouTube. Okay... back to you, aspin! ;)

Post edited by Dartanbeck on
  • WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 38,087
    edited March 2016

a couple of attempts by me resizing to full HD and letterboxing one just virtualdub compressed as mp4  second uncompressed avi compiled in wondows live moviemaker

Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on
  • Sony Vegas I have imports image sequences just fine (Movie Studio HD Platinum 10.0) smiley

Vegas.jpg
    1000 x 740 - 181K
  • MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675
    MistyMist said:

Sorry to jump on this one...

Once you decide on a final output that you want to use, I suggest that you set up your default to that under preferences for every New project. Then during times when you want to do something different, you still can, but you won't have to try and remember what to do each time you start up. Anyways...

I'm on Windows, and I've found that WMV files output works well for storing to my hard drive, then uploading to YouTube. Okay... back to you, aspin! ;)

thanks.  extra options to experiment with in the templates smiley

edited March 2016
    fool said:

a couple of attempts by me resizing to full HD and letterboxing one just virtualdub compressed as mp4  second uncompressed avi compiled in wondows live moviemaker

thanks!!

the top one is less blurring.

these both done in moviemaker?

the slomo one looks sharper,
    and some tripping tree limbs smiley

Post edited by Mistara on

the hd templates showin 50 and 60 fps.  thaz a lot of frames

• evilproducerevilproducer Posts: 9,050

There are variations of course, but my experience with HD is usually around 24 FPS.

So you're not left pulling your hair out, as an example, a professional DVD uses a variable bit rate of between 3.5 and 9 megabits. 9 Would be about the highest you'd go because (and I was just researching this for my own use) is 10.something to be compliant with the DVD disk standards. The real key here is the average bit rate, which should be around 5.5 or 6. If there is a lot of sudden movement, and scene changes, then you could set the average higher. These data rates are extremely high and are not really suitable for streaming video.

Now this I already knew (but wanted to look it up to make sure I was remembering it correctly), and that is a two pass encode means that the program compressing the video analyzes the video on the first pass, and then encodes the video on the second. This provides a better VBR because the software has looked at the entire video and "decided" the optimal areas it can afford to compress more or compress less based on the average bit rate. A single pass VBR analyzes the video on the fly, and since it is trying to maintain the average bit rate, it may go with a lower bit rate than it should in high action or quickly transitioning sections of the video.

edited March 2016

slomo one has 7K+ frames it creates tweened warp images to bridge existing frames based on nearest pixels, gets very weird distortions on wildly different images so your clipping branches do odd moves.

I usually use 24 FPS but used 25 like you did for these, the slomo and mp4 videos were all compressed in virtualdub, slomo just used to add tweened images.

http://slowmovideo.granjow.net

Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on
  • fool said:

That lil' bastard frustrates me to no end, chrashes on my PC like 5 times in 10 minutes, I love where it's going, but way too unstable for now ...

sad

fool said:

That lil' bastard frustrates me to no end, chrashes on my PC like 5 times in 10 minutes, I love where it's going, but way too unstable for now ...

sad

I usually get one crash but actally none at all doing Misty's vid

there are a few tricks

use image series in and out always

make certain frame pixel size is a multiple of 4 each way

do not try to save settings just start over

to make it much longer and even stretch the window across both monitors making a nice line on graph from f0,0 to  f6.2 - what ever number it ends up being in top right corner, you can add points to slow and speed up along timeline if you wish

• aspinaspin Posts: 219
    MistyMist said:

In this case it was a default template called "Internet-HD 1080p".

For animations I usually use a modified one with 24fps. I rendered you video in 24fps as well, but except for speed it didn't make a big difference.

I never actually posted the slomo one here, just realized

• DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,332
    fool said:

sad

Howler's Motion Prediction module does a decent job ;)

(First he shows how NOT to do it for something like this)

edited March 2016

lookin for the pixl sample.  

is it the Accuracy setting?  
    i sees an 8 in there.

checked in ds, pixel sample is separated x and y

need a Nessie for the secret lake smiley

dont have a codec to play blueray files. frown

240 FPS?!!

omg, cant keep up

fool said:

sad

Howler's Motion Prediction module does a decent job ;)

(First he shows how NOT to do it for something like this)

the NOT what to do?  smiley

mebbe shoulda tested one frame repeated.  no movement, and see how clear it is ..

>.< when i reopen a saved proj file, the track view is collapsed.  i cant get it to save my track view in the proj file.

TrackCapture.JPG
    1335 x 849 - 136K
    TrackCapture-reopen.JPG
    1594 x 852 - 134K
    edited March 2016

60fps.  think, this is it for this frame set.  prolly should follow this up with a crime scene, dunno  

screams from sony's 1001 sound effects

huhh  can use hitfilm as a vegas plugin

Sony Vegas Pro 59 Rolling Shutter Correction in HitFilm

hitfilm 4 not (yet?) supported

edited March 2016

is it possible and fairly painless to switch between 30fps and 60fps?

does carrara recalclate keyframed morphs and poses?

thanks.

• DUDUDUDU Posts: 1,945

Interresting question...

I just make a quick test (25i/s): load a sphere at frame 0, go to frame 100 and move it.

Change the setting to 50i/s and you have 200 images, you can see that your key is in the 200th image then, Carrara calculate the modification.

I supposes that it's the same for all the parameters.

thanks smiley  i'm still experimenting to find aiko's perfect blink rate.  didnt want to do it twice.

eyelids go down slower than they go up, eh?

opposite way: it takes one frame to close eyes and several frames to open

• evilproducerevilproducer Posts: 9,050
    I usually do two or three (at 30FPS) to close, and three or four to open. I've made an NLA clip for blinking and just stick that in the track. If I have something in the track already, then I create a new track.