Carrara Vs connect best practices

2»

Comments

• HeadwaxHeadwax Posts: 9,969

so good with tequila or a stubby , it's the salt that stings though

• head wax said:

ha ha, I thought that read 'moth to moth' . I think it is illegal here in Australia since the chance of spreading dazworm has increased twofold.

I need to send you something on FB when I get a chance .

yes we must connect on issues

• DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,135

RE: Toll Booth.  Just as a test, I installed it using Daz Connect.  I then inserted the pre-load scene in Studio, and then sent the file to Hexagon using the bridge.  Once in Hexagon, I selected everything and then saved as a Carrara file.  For things like props, this might work OK.  Or, the Hex bridge might have worked just because they made the toll booth product DIM and manual eligible.

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,583
    diomede said:

RE: Toll Booth.  Just as a test, I installed it using Daz Connect.  I then inserted the pre-load scene in Studio, and then sent the file to Hexagon using the bridge.  Once in Hexagon, I selected everything and then saved as a Carrara file.  For things like props, this might work OK.  Or, the Hex bridge might have worked just because they made the toll booth product DIM and manual eligible.

Exporters work the same whether the product is encrypted or not.

• RoygeeRoygee Posts: 2,247

I've been trying to get my head around this encyption, connect, DRM stuff.  Please correct me where my assumptions are incorrect - my curiosity knows no bounds, but my knowledge is very limited:)

The whole purpose is to prevent piracy, right?  At the moment, A can buy content from Daz and share - or heaven forbid, sell to B,C,D, etc.  Bring in the connect, etc. and, when A uses it, he/she has to be connected to have ownership (rentership?) confirmed - which means a good, reliable and cheap internet connection, which cuts folk in the Third World out of the picture?

The encryption only works in Daz Studio and maybe later in Carrara - but A can export in all sorts of formats out of Studio and share/sell those.  Even bring back into Studio as unencrypted?

Roygee said:

I've been trying to get my head around this encyption, connect, DRM stuff.  Please correct me where my assumptions are incorrect - my curiosity knows no bounds, but my knowledge is very limited:)

The whole purpose is to prevent piracy, right?  At the moment, A can buy content from Daz and share - or heaven forbid, sell to B,C,D, etc.  Bring in the connect, etc. and, when A uses it, he/she has to be connected to have ownership (rentership?) confirmed - which means a good, reliable and cheap internet connection, which cuts folk in the Third World out of the picture?

The encryption only works in Daz Studio and maybe later in Carrara - but A can export in all sorts of formats out of Studio and share/sell those.  Even bring back into Studio as unencrypted?

You don't have to be connected to use it -- you have to connect once to associate the machine with your account, after that you don't need to be connected.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604

And encrypeted content will only work on the registered machine.

Chohole said:

And encrypeted content will only work on the registered machine.

If both machines are registered to the account they can both use it.

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 38,087
    edited February 2016

more obj import versus save as support asset-duf UV madness

I tested a duf imported with D3D loader in Poser and the props had utterly NO UV mapping at all!!!! at least Carrara just borked cheeky

Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on
  • WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 38,087
    edited February 2016

just to demonstrate in Carrara the diff between obj and saved duf

Capture.JPG
    1928 x 1048 - 335K
    Capture.JPG
    1928 x 1048 - 318K
    Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on