Daz Encrypted Content

1235»

Comments

• wgdjohnwgdjohn Posts: 2,634

Stezza,

Just heard back again from a request ticket mentioning that wait, see below...

"Yes, sometimes we will have to be patient as the metadata is updated. However, once it's done, you will not have to wait as long and the results are nice. Being able to find things easier in the Smart Content pane"

That explains some of the long waits I had while using DS 4.9 Beta before the release of DS 4.9 itself. A number of times I just found something else to do while waiting for Studio to finally load. I'm not having this problem now but am working Offline and have no use for Connect or Encrypted Content at this time. My suggestions...
    a) Brew coffee/tea
    b) Fix dinner
    c) Wash dishes
    d) Learn Blender
    e) Create something in Carrara ... the list keeps growing :)

• dbdigital2dbdigital2 Posts: 270
    PhilW said:
    EddyMI3D said:

EddyMI3D said:

Good news for Carrara users!

Yes it is, or people that do not like DRM like myself (been bit way too many times in the past loosing access to content I paid for).  I will admit a year is not the best time frame, but considering that I have NEVER seen a company do this, it is surprising.  When a company goes DRM it is forever (at least I have never seen it otherwise) unless you can crack and remove the DRM.  So again this is surpring and the only reason I can think of that Daz is doing this is the numbers of acceptance of the encrypted files is so low and people leaving that they had to.

Stlll good news, but I won't be buying DRM/encrypted content until a year from now when we actually see the first items decrypt in the store.  Then I will believe them.

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675

doh misread as Encrusted Content

MistyMist said:

doh misread as Encrusted Content

would you like me to butter your "encrusted content" and how bout some jelly? :)

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 38,087

Encrusted made me think of barnacles on the boat

maybe that one up that creek without a paddle?

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 38,087

A ring encrusted with diamonds?

• HeadwaxHeadwax Posts: 9,969

If a ring were encrusted with diamonds it would be pretty uncomfortable

• StezzaStezza Posts: 8,008

then there was that news item the other day which described how a body part was encrusted with a substance cool surprise

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675

some jam on my encrusted toast sound tasty  wink

edited March 2016

Mi traer te el surtido. De nada

practicing my Spanish :)

Post edited by wgdjohn on

Stezza,

If you think that you will be using DS 4.9 and Connect any time in the future it wouldn't hurt to just Connect every so often just to get the additional Metadata updated. This way when you do decide to use DS 4.9 in the future it will start up faster. Otherwise you will be looking for yet another long wait. I'm considering this just in case... as is I've not yet connected recently so will expect a fairly long wait.

Jen "JGreenlees", has been updating a lot of products and metadata. See http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/34725/updated-products#latest for Updated Products if you can get there... it's in Platinum Club Members Only which I've not tried without logging in first. That link might just take you to that discussion without full access to some things also there. I think that Crissie and/or Angie are also updateing Metadata.

Find out where your "cloud" folder is located. There should also be an "auto_updated" directory there. I have it on backup and it is 60.6mb large. I deleted it along with the "cloud" folder after backing up and installing the latest DS 4.9 Beta after the release of DS 4.9 main release with I had remove earlier.

Too bad they don't just incorporate a feature in DIM to allow Metadata updates.

I make a suggestion to DAZ Support to add a feature to DS 4.9 to let users have a requester to Update Metadate (Now or Later) to get around the wait you encountered.