Zicon makes pretty pictures

2»

Comments

• ZiconZicon Posts: 272

Some days you just need a hot elf in a suit.

An albino elf with long hair wearing a purple suit and platform shoes with high heels. They are leaning forwards, hands on their knees, and giving the camera a big grin.

[ view in daz gallery | view full version ]

Wolfgang is, hands down, the finest character made for any generation.

Realistic portrait render of a man with multiple scars and one milky eye looking up at the camera. He's wearing a black space pirate outfit with glowing red details, and has a thick gold ring in his ear. He has a glowing sword slung casually over his shoulder, and he tips his hat as if in greeting.

I didn't set out to make a series of these, it just happened.

A dark-skinned elf man in a black suit stands in a confident stance, smirking at the camera.

• David RDavid R Posts: 275

On thing that brings your figures to life is your mastery of facial expressions.  Well done.  laugh

Thank you very much! It's incredibly satisfying when a custom character grows into their facial expressions, when a given expression looks obviously wrong or obviously right on them.

The results of combining a posing exercise with trying out the character Akhane. I'm not entirely happy with how the thumb-in-waistband turned out, but fixing it to my satisfaction would have meant spending far too much time on something intended to be quick.

Realistic 3D rendering of a barely dressed elven man in front of a wall with bright lights.

I made this for the "floating islands" event on Creative Brew. At the time I planned for it to be the first in a series, but it didn't work out that way.

My guideline for building this scene was "if I still have VRAM to spare, it's not done yet." Everything you see in the image exists as an object in the scene, nothing was added in post, so this about as big and complex as it can get and still render in one pass.

The actual floating islands seen in the background is my very first attempt to sculpt an asset from scratch in Blender. The result was objectively Not Good in just about every possible way, but I knew exactly what it needed to do, and it was Good Enough for that.

3D render with a painted look. A flying ship hangs against a backdrop of a cloudy sky dotted with floating islands. On the deck stands a party of adventurers; our heroes. It's a sunny day, and the mood is hopeful and optimistic.  The main protagonist is a handsome young white man. He is leaning on his oversized weapon, a convertible sword/hammer. He points excitedly at something in the distance.  The one woman in the group is young, white and thin. She sits on the railing, looking towards what the protagonist is pointing at. She's dressed as a steampunk tinkerer to show that she is the smart one in the group.  An older man dressed like an evil wizard stands with steepled fingers, side-eyeing the protagonist and smirking. He will obviously betray the rest of the party at some point.  A piglet in a unicorn hoodie is the party's adorable animal companion.  The lone black man in the group is in the back, steering the ship. No real detail can be seen, as he's not even in focus.

I don't get vampires at all, but I'll fake it if you ask nicely.

Featuring ChangelingChick's new character Marius.

A vampire man in an open shirt with blood running down his chin and chest, and one clawed hand covered in a mess of blood. He rests his arms against a metal pipe above his head, grinning viciously at the viewer. The pipe has the words "you're next" scratched into it, with a pentagram in the letter o. Shackles and chains hang from the pipe, and the vampire is sliding a blood-covered finger along the shackles.

• Zicon said:

Wolfgang is, hands down, the finest character made for any generation.

Realistic portrait render of a man with multiple scars and one milky eye looking up at the camera. He's wearing a black space pirate outfit with glowing red details, and has a thick gold ring in his ear. He has a glowing sword slung casually over his shoulder, and he tips his hat as if in greeting.

Ok that's amazing. And agreed. He is indeed awesome! 

ChangelingChick said:

And agreed. He is indeed awesome! 

I am constantly crossing my fingers he will get an equally amazing G9 version. It makes creating art a little awkward, but it's worth it.

Gordig said:

Just from a technical perspective, I would suggest that the room is too brightly lit for the phone to be putting out that much light.

You are probably right, but if I have to choose between perfect realism and effective storytelling, I will always lean towards the latter.