There's Always Another Sale Thread -- Discussions Only Pt 3

Comments

• TorquinoxTorquinox Posts: 3,191

It was good! I got some stuff I wanted. I'm still only about 90% done I think, maybe one more small cart before it ends.

• paulawp (marahzen)paulawp (marahzen) Posts: 1,330
    edited July 14

Torquinox said:

It was good! I got some stuff I wanted. I'm still only about 90% done I think, maybe one more small cart before it ends.

I think I'm done unless something enticing shows up as an LD in the last couple of rounds of the weekend. 

Post edited by paulawp (marahzen) on
  • theflarftheflarf Posts: 139

Same here.

Though think the LD have decided I don't deserve any newish things.

It's all just texture packs for gen or older... 

• SilverGirlSilverGirl Posts: 759

LD just dropped me https://www.daz3d.com/fn-eleanor-hd-for-genesis-9 for under $2!!!!

I never get stuff that nice!

Yoink!

SilverGirl said:

LD just dropped me https://www.daz3d.com/fn-eleanor-hd-for-genesis-9 for under $2!!!!

I never get stuff that nice!

Yoink!

You did now! laugh

paulawp (marahzen) said:

I think I'm done unless something enticing shows up as an LD in the last couple of rounds of the weekend. 

That's wise. I'll do the same. Otherwise, I'd cheerfully burn up the rest of my store credit, and that's not really what I want to do now.   

Well, definitely a good sale last weekend. I don't think I've ever gone through both my D+ coupons so early in the month, and between that and my splurge on 6/30 I knocked back a significant number of things on my wishlist, plus picked up a few lightning deals. That one character was the real crown jewel, but I grabbed a couple hairs and other things that I probably wouldn't have even wishlisted if they'd been more expensive. My "watch these priority assets" bookmark folder is looking mighty sparse, and that's a very happy thing. :)

• GordigGordig Posts: 9,914
    edited July 15

XiousDs said:

Anyone think it's worth picking up most of Polish's back catalog that is like 90-92% off? It's a big discount, and the items are pretty old, but Polish has some really good stuff. I just have not messed with the old stuff to know how well they hold up compared to the new stuff.

I have some grievances with Polish, but I own quite a lot of their products and make heavy use of them.

edit: by the way, where are you seeing products for 90-92% off? Even after unchecking "Hide Items I Own", I'm not seeing anything more than 50% off.

Post edited by Gordig on

Gordig said:

XiousDs said:

Anyone think it's worth picking up most of Polish's back catalog that is like 90-92% off? It's a big discount, and the items are pretty old, but Polish has some really good stuff. I just have not messed with the old stuff to know how well they hold up compared to the new stuff.

I have some grievances with Polish, but I own quite a lot of their products and make heavy use of them.

edit: by the way, where are you seeing products for 90-92% off? Even after unchecking "Hide Items I Own", I'm not seeing anything more than 50% off.

Had to put them in your cart for it to show, and not have any new releases in the cart.  Promotion is over now, alas. 

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 10,015

Gordig said:

XiousDs said:

The discount could be seen in the cart 

• Charlie JudgeCharlie Judge Posts: 12,648

After the weekend my store credit is virtually depleted. I saw the "Welcome" series promo for 20% off your order and thought Aha now is my chance to get a gift card. But NO, gift cards are now excluded this time.no  Please DAZ we can we plase have a good gift card  sale.  

• XiousDsXiousDs Posts: 317

After the weekend my store credit is virtually depleted. I saw the "Welcome" series promo for 20% off your order and thought Aha now is my chance to get a gift card. But NO, gift cards are now excluded this time.no  Please DAZ we can we plase have a good gift card  sale.  

Another 36% off gift card sale? Lol
  • Charlie JudgeCharlie Judge Posts: 12,648

XiousDs said:

Charlie Judge said:

That would be great but even 20% would be nice 

• XiousDs said:

Charlie Judge said:

Yeah, that last huge gift card sale is what fueled this past weekend of excess for me. 

• I picked up a few back catalog things from my Wishlist with that "only old items" promotion. Not nearly as much as I wanted, due to being ill all week, which meant less money as well as little interest in playing Cart Games. :(

Nevertheless, I would like to see this promo, as well as its "shiny new" opposite, again. They had something for everyone, in addition to stacking and having few if any other restrictions. Those more than made up for the difficulty of carting items to see the final discount.

I also noticed my LDs improved. While I haven't bought many LDs this month - see above - the July selections are so far more appealing than June's. I even had the Bethany 7 Pro bundle for under $3 this weekend and 1 of the Niko 8 cyber bundles for a similar price. The only reason I didn't get either was I already had the base figures and any other components I wanted. At those prices, it would've been a good deal if I was only interested in one item.

• I picked up a few back catalog things from my Wishlist with that "only old items" promotion. Not nearly as much as I wanted, due to being ill all week, which meant less money as well as little interest in playing Cart Games. :(

Nevertheless, I would like to see this promo, as well as its "shiny new" opposite, again. They had something for everyone, in addition to stacking and having few if any other restrictions. Those more than made up for the difficulty of carting items to see the final discount.

I also noticed my LDs improved. While I haven't bought many LDs this month - see above - the July selections are so far more appealing than June's. I even had the Bethany 7 Pro bundle for under $3 this weekend and 1 of the Niko 8 cyber bundles for a similar price. The only reason I didn't get either was I already had the base figures and any other components I wanted. At those prices, it would've been a good deal if I was only interested in one item.

• I also had a wonderful weekend with the sale. One cart stuffed with shiny, new toys and another with more legacy items in it than dollars. If it was still running, I probably would be too. I would love it if there were similar sales in the future.

XiousDs said:

Charlie Judge said:

Yeah, that last huge gift card sale is what fueled this past weekend of excess for me. 

There was too much stuff that I never decided on what to keep in the cart before Sunday ended. That worked out because today's deal works out really well with the president bundle sale. I will probably pickup much of mesechar's and Oso's stuff before the end of the day in addition to Polish's cyberpunk stuff and some daz original bundles.
  • Cam FoxCam Fox Posts: 32

Good promotion stacking today if you're specifically looking for castle stuff. Make a cart with:

3x presidential new releases
    1x anything from kelambi and gendragon sale
    3x-19x(?) castle items from the "rough and rowdy fights" sale (cart test each item - stonemason items and a few others are less discounted)
    stacks with tokens and daz+ coupons if you have those
    can make multiple passes with additional carts. discounts seem to fall off around 20 castle items per cart

• GordigGordig Posts: 9,914

columbine said:

It amused me wryly because I had to come to the forum to find out who she was deemed to too much resemble, while the very same day Feng had Damian, who is a dead ringer for a young Daniel Craig -- to the point where I can't use him because people would think I wanted the resemblance on purpose -- but no EL there.

Even with all the promos that are clear James Bond references, I still think the character looks more like Ralph Fiennes than Craig.

In case anyone missed it, there's a 70% off curated list tile up now.

Personally not inspiring, but maybe someone can stack it to good effect.

• RangerRickRangerRick Posts: 264
    edited July 16

The Cybertenko welcome slider  https://cdn.daz3d.com/file/dazcdn/media/sliders/2024/july/0716-welcome-slider.jpg   says extra 20% off entire order when buying a Cybertenko item.  It only says discount excludes membership but it's not applying to a Gift Card when included with a Cybertenko item (the Aniva Lighthouse).

Is the slider wrong or should the discount apply to gift cards?

Edited:  And I posted this to the wrong thread. Sigh.  I'll post to the other thread then go to sleep.

Post edited by RangerRick on
  • columbinecolumbine Posts: 415

Gordig said:

columbine said:

It amused me wryly because I had to come to the forum to find out who she was deemed to too much resemble, while the very same day Feng had Damian, who is a dead ringer for a young Daniel Craig -- to the point where I can't use him because people would think I wanted the resemblance on purpose -- but no EL there.

Even with all the promos that are clear James Bond references, I still think the character looks more like Ralph Fiennes than Craig.

vwrangler felt it was about fifty/fifty. I can see how you'd get there.

• xyer0xyer0 Posts: 5,873

columbine said:

Gordig said:

columbine said:

vwrangler felt it was about fifty/fifty. I can see how you'd get there.

What about Alan Rickman? 

Charlie Judge said:

XiousDs said:

Charlie Judge said:

Looks like you got it! 

• SilverGirl said:

Charlie Judge said:

XiousDs said:

Charlie Judge said:

Looks like you got it! 

I haven't even begun to test all the stuff I bought this last weekend on the current gift card. But OK, I'll take it. smiley

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 10,015

The gift card discount was a pleasant surprice, my store credit was down to $35 already smiley

columbine said:

xyer0 said:

XiousDs said:

Polish's older stuff looks great, and it renders like the promos when you use the default HDRI. If you don't mind their quirky way of putting together their models (difficult to kitbash due to missing geometry under or behind things), you'll be happy. 

Seconding that ... all of that. Polish builds kits with the second-most "longevity" in my opinion (after Stonemason). In fact you may do better with the older kits. Recently Polish has gotten really bad about the way surfaces are broken up, unusable geometry, no articulation (doors don't open), things like that.

Have you ever tried using Gescon to break up sections of Polish's sets to kitbash specific portions of one? Gescon was on my wishlist and Gescon 2 is out now. With the sale yesterday, since I missed the older Polish stuff for 95ish% off, I got the newer cyberpunk prison, cyberpunk condo, and star frontier sets for 91% off. I am curious how well Gescon 2 would work to essentially let you setup room layouts different or fix doors that don't work. If noone has tried doing such, I probably will give it a go once the price drops just a little more.
  • columbinecolumbine Posts: 415

XiousDs said:

columbine said:

xyer0 said:

XiousDs said:

Polish's older stuff looks great, and it renders like the promos when you use the default HDRI. If you don't mind their quirky way of putting together their models (difficult to kitbash due to missing geometry under or behind things), you'll be happy. 

Seconding that ... all of that. Polish builds kits with the second-most "longevity" in my opinion (after Stonemason). In fact you may do better with the older kits. Recently Polish has gotten really bad about the way surfaces are broken up, unusable geometry, no articulation (doors don't open), things like that.

Have you ever tried using Gescon to break up sections of Polish's sets to kitbash specific portions of one? Gescon was on my wishlist and Gescon 2 is out now. With the sale yesterday, since I missed the older Polish stuff for 95ish% off, I got the newer cyberpunk prison, cyberpunk condo, and star frontier sets for 91% off. I am curious how well Gescon 2 would work to essentially let you setup room layouts different or fix doors that don't work. If noone has tried doing such, I probably will give it a go once the price drops just a little more.

I bought Gescon ages back primarily for kitbashing--specifically, to make holes for doors in set walls. Unfortunately Gescon does not operate on zero-thickness planes, which many set walls are, so it was of limited use to me (and I didn't discover the existence of Bemar's product Thickener, which among other things specifically addresses this problem, until ten days ago). So I haven't used Gescon as much as I'd like. The couple of times I have used it, it worked very well. I'm avoiding buying Gescon 2 until I use Gescon 1 a bit more--no real need for it just yet--but I note that he's selling it both as standalone Gescon 2 and as an upgrade for Gescon 1. So you could try out Gescon 1 for a while and then, if you liked it, get the upgrade.

columbine said:

XiousDs said:

columbine said:

xyer0 said:

XiousDs said:

I bought Gescon ages back primarily for kitbashing--specifically, to make holes for doors in set walls. Unfortunately Gescon does not operate on zero-thickness planes, which many set walls are, so it was of limited use to me (and I didn't discover the existence of Bemar's product Thickener, which among other things specifically addresses this problem, until ten days ago). So I haven't used Gescon as much as I'd like. The couple of times I have used it, it worked very well. I'm avoiding buying Gescon 2 until I use Gescon 1 a bit more--no real need for it just yet--but I note that he's selling it both as standalone Gescon 2 and as an upgrade for Gescon 1. So you could try out Gescon 1 for a while and then, if you liked it, get the upgrade.

Thanks, that is awesome info. On my to do list then is to add the thickening product you mention, so that I could try cutting up some of Polish's stuff to see if I could make it work as a set with dungeon master (think that is the name of it, dungeon maker maybe) by Code66.