The Sky is Falling Complaint Thread

1252627282931»

Comments

• DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,180

kyoto kid said:

...well summer here officially ended on Wednesday.  he high on Tuesday was 93° and by mid morning he next day it was in teh low 60s with rain.  Not the usual  drizzly stuff we get here but an honest to goodness soaking rain like I remember from living in the midwest which soaked completely through my jacket (which is nromally sufficient protection against the usual drizzle we get), my shirt, and heavy long-sleeved T-shirt underneath. 

Basically in the span of less than18 hours we went from mid July to mid October.

Be thankful you didn't get the soaking they got in the south from Helene!  surprise

• Charlie JudgeCharlie Judge Posts: 12,644
    edited September 28

Complaint: No internet for over a day now and no end in sight. Trying to work and shop on this mobile phone is a real pain.

Update: Internet is finally back. Yea!

Post edited by Charlie Judge on
  • kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,948
    edited September 29

DanaTA said:

kyoto kid said:

...well summer here officially ended on Wednesday.  he high on Tuesday was 93° and by mid morning he next day it was in teh low 60s with rain.  Not the usual  drizzly stuff we get here but an honest to goodness soaking rain like I remember from living in the midwest which soaked completely through my jacket (which is nromally sufficient protection against the usual drizzle we get), my shirt, and heavy long-sleeved T-shirt underneath. 

Basically in the span of less than18 hours we went from mid July to mid October.

Be thankful you didn't get the soaking they got in the south from Helene!  surprise

...true, just felt more like a midwest "gully washer" while I was waking, though it lasted iver 20 min..

I saw some footage of the flooding, even Atlanta and Tennessee was were not spared. The storm itself was 500 miles wide when it made landfall (that's 31 miles greater than the distance between Portland to Sacramento) and yesterday the leading edge clouds could be seen as far north as Southern Wisconsin.

Post edited by kyoto kid on
  • Charlie Judge said:

Complaint: No internet for over a day now and no end in sight. Trying to work and shop on this mobile phone is a real pain.

Update: Internet is finally back. Yea!

Wheee..., bits! yes

kyoto kid said:

DanaTA said:

kyoto kid said:

...true, just felt more like a midwest "gully washer" while I was waking, though it lasted iver 20 min..

I saw some footage of the flooding, even Atlanta and Tennessee was were not spared. The storm itself was 500 miles wide when it made landfall (that's 31 miles greater than the distance between Portland to Sacramento) and yesterday the leading edge clouds could be seen as far north as Southern Wisconsin.

Some of the far edge clouds got to Massachusetts, but no rain or wind from it. 

Complaint: Can't get to my wishlist...error page comes up instead.  Want to use my PC+ coupon during the sale finale.  I'll try again later on.

• LeatherGryphonLeatherGryphon Posts: 11,457
    edited September 29

Non-complaint:  Finally, a version of "Hamlet" that is not terminally pretentious and boring.  The 1996 film version.  I've tried several times, with poor success since high school to get through book or film versions of Hamlet and grasp all that's going on and grok the deepness of the words.  This version, updated to the 19th century, but with Elizabethan speech accompanied by (properly spelled, non-computer generated) subtitles is a long trek, but captivating.  Yeah, it's still a bit old-timey, but none the less understandable when accompanied by the excellent acting and presentation.  The sets, the lighting, and the list of recognizable, A-list actors is impressive and surprising.yes

Yeah, it's the full thing, and four hours long, but is an enjoyable check-off of a bucket-list item.  I found it through a recommendation via a YouTube brag clip.  Amazon Prime has it for only $4 to rent for 2 days.

And after watching this movie, addicted to subtitles as I am, I can also say that I have "read" Hamlet, albeit admittedly, an "augmented" reading.devil

Post edited by LeatherGryphon on
  • kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,948

DanaTA said:

kyoto kid said:

DanaTA said:

kyoto kid said:

Some of the far edge clouds got to Massachusetts, but no rain or wind from it. 

...reminded me a bit of Hurricane Sandy which stretched from the east coast to the Great Lakes.  The outer bands of the storm reached over south-eastern Wisconsin on  the western edge of Lake Michigan where it was churning up "rough seas" and incredibly large waves along the shoreline. 

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 26,130

The Bangels are ahead.  Too bad.

IMG_3385.jpeg
    474 x 316 - 44K
    edited September 30

I applied to a pizza place called Sbarro.  I went today to talk a little to the manager there.  I was nervous so I waited until right before my ride came.  I was nervously anxious that she would say no job for me there.

instead she said she will get back to me later.

well I'm watching a movie with a guy who has a nose like Adam Driver's.

IMG_3392.jpeg
    480 x 640 - 104K
    Post edited by Sfariah D on
  • LeatherGryphonLeatherGryphon Posts: 11,457
    edited 3:02PM

Complaint:  I have a beautiful display of weed flowers to the side of my little porch.smiley  Any idea what type they are?

Non-complaint:  New neighbors are moving in.  Perhaps, they have a working lawn mower.indecision

DSCN4056.jpg
    1440 x 1080 - 281K
    DSCN4061.jpg
    1440 x 1080 - 247K
    Post edited by LeatherGryphon at

I have green stuff in my pot.

IMG_3400.jpeg
    480 x 640 - 175K