The Sky is Falling Complaint Thread

AgitatedRiotAgitatedRiot Posts: 4,388
This discussion was created from comments split from: The [Disco Chives] Misplaced Parrot Complaint Thread.

Comments

• AgitatedRiotAgitatedRiot Posts: 4,388
    edited May 18

The Sky is Falling Complaint Thread.

Old thread https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/comment/8722791/#Comment_8722791

Post edited by frank0314 on
  • ArtAngelArtAngel Posts: 1,597

AgitatedRiot said:

The Sky is Falling Complaint Thread.

yes And a perfect theme song. The Sky Falls but We Stand Tall

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,886

I'm awake and I cant sleep. 

• scorpioscorpio Posts: 8,341

Sfariah D said:

Not surprising if are on social media staring at a lit screen. Turn the device off and then try.

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,634

Bunyip02 said:

LeatherGryphon said:

kyoto kid said:

...non complaint. weather has actually been nice and mild the last several days.

However change is in the forecast by the middle of next week onwards as we're coming up on Memorial Day Weekend, so of course, it has to rain on our picnics and barbeques.

...The Sparrows Talk Too Loud Compalint Thread. 
    ...The Sparrows Are Drowning Out The Cicadias Compalint Thread. 
    ...The Summer Turned Back To Winter Compalint Thread.
    ...The City Lights Drowned Out The Aurora Compalint Thread.
    ...The Let Me Off This Cosnmic Carnival Ride Compalint Thread.
    ...The Soaking Wet Picnic Hot Dogs Compalint Thread.

OT: The Dangers of Cutting & Pasting Without Checking its Spelling, Complaint Thread

I blame my spelling on my Dyslexia Complaint Thread   

I can relate to that one.

I didn't even realize it had went over page 101, but it's split now.

Sfariah D said:

Watch that it can mess with many Human functions.

• LeatherGryphonLeatherGryphon Posts: 11,323
    edited May 18

Sfariah D said:

That's marginally better than being asleep and unable to wake.surprise

Post edited by LeatherGryphon on
  • NylonGirlNylonGirl Posts: 1,622

So I was having a typical Saturday morning, mowing the lawn naked and... I saw this shadow almost right below me. And the shadow was slowly getting bigger. I looked up and realized the sky was cracked and a fairly large piece of it was coming toward me. As I frantically jumped out of the way, the chunk of sky landed in our backyard, destroying the lawnmower and sending a cloud of dust and dandelions everywhere. When everything cleared up, aside from being covered with dust and dandelion seeds, I was okay. But since I will have to replace the lawn mower, I certainly am not going to pay somebody to haul away a piece of the sky. I'll just mow around it and considered the job done.

• Charlie JudgeCharlie Judge Posts: 12,496

NylonGirl said:

So I was having a typical Saturday morning, mowing the lawn naked and... I saw this shadow almost right below me. And the shadow was slowly getting bigger. I looked up and realized the sky was cracked and a fairly large piece of it was coming toward me. As I frantically jumped out of the way, the chunk of sky landed in our backyard, destroying the lawnmower and sending a cloud of dust and dandelions everywhere. When everything cleared up, aside from being covered with dust and dandelion seeds, I was okay. But since I will have to replace the lawn mower, I certainly am not going to pay somebody to haul away a piece of the sky. I'll just mow around it and considered the job done.

Wait. That piece of the sky could be worth a lot of money:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/274356178880?chn=ps&mkevt=1&mkcid=28

NylonGirl said:

So I was having a typical Saturday morning, mowing the lawn naked and...  [snip...]

"Mowing the lawn naked"surprise  That's not wise!  Cutting the grass that short will kill it. 

LeatherGryphon said:

Sfariah D said:

That's marginally better than being asleep and unable to wake.surprise

That is the most scary thing. Lying there, unable to move. Death?

The page I'm on.

Sleep paralysis: It can be scary, but it's harmless, and most people will only get it once or twice. Twice in a lifetime is a lie. I get it all the time. 

Things that cause the problem of sleep paralysis

insomnia

disrupted sleeping patterns

narcolepsy – a long-term condition that causes a person to fall asleep suddenly. I don't have this problem

post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)

generalized anxiety disorder

panic disorder

a family history of sleep paralysis.

Most of these are under control.

• GoggerGogger Posts: 2,344

Sfariah D said:

I’m SO TIRED, I keep waking myself up from yawning in my sleep.

I once had an experience that was scary.  I was dreaming an intense nightmare.  I was slowly waking up but I felt stuck and couldn't move.  I didn't open my eyes but slowly woke up.

as soon as that passed, I figured out my body must have thought my sheets and blankets were keeping me captive.  Of course, I also figured out that it was too early to wake up so I had to go back to sleep.

Oh I'm getting tired of the dirty and/or defective restroom dreams. 

• starionwolfstarionwolf Posts: 3,668

I also have dreams of dirty restrooms.  Yuck.

starionwolf said:

I also have dreams of dirty restrooms.  Yuck.

Glad I'm not the only one.  sad

I used to have a recurring dream of being on a large airliner and flying low over a forested area, and landing on a two-lane road that dipped up & down over low hills through the forest.  Although I always woke up before landing.indecision

Complaint: It's been raining for so long. I forgot what the sun looked like. Not that I want it to go away with 87 °F and 30 °C. That humidity can go away, but with temps of 90 °F and 32 °C, it does make it hot and sticky and does open the pores like a good steam room.

Guten Nacht. Schlaf schön. Ich brauche Schlaf.

• NylonGirlNylonGirl Posts: 1,622

Charlie Judge said:

NylonGirl said:

They had the nerve to list the condition as "New". As if there are people trying to save money by buying used meteorites. 

Guten Morgen!

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 98,037

NylonGirl said:

Charlie Judge said:

NylonGirl said:

They had the nerve to list the condition as "New". As if there are people trying to save money by buying used meteorites. 

Ask the dinosaurs how well that works.

• FirstBastionFirstBastion Posts: 7,647
    edited May 19

Maybe bad for the dinosaurs,  but it did work out for the rest of us. Eventually,  in the long,long, longer run.

Post edited by FirstBastion on

Some people have spent way too much on a piece of cereal.  I don't understand why?

They don't have enough milk at the time?

frank0314 said:

very funny! 

Sfariah D said:

frank0314 said:

very funny! 

I was looking at it the same way. I also thought maybe it was the last piece of cereal at the time.

• NathNath Posts: 2,737

Not a complaint: So there I was, peacefully watching the F1 cars circling Imola, when I heard an engine noise outside. First thought when I looked: 'why's that plane so low, and outside any air corridor?'. Second thought: 'Awwwww, it's a Dakota!'

Flightradar 24 confirmed the observation *g* Cool:-)

The plane is the last operational Dakota in the Netherlands, and it's 80 years old, and started life as a military C47. Unfortunately, this will be her last year flying, as it's apparently getting too hard to find qualified pilots and engineers, as well as obtaining the right fuel; and rising expenses. So I'm even more pleased to have seen her.

• DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,141

scorpio said:

Sfariah D said:

Not surprising if are on social media staring at a lit screen. Turn the device off and then try.

I guess I'm very different.  If I'm tired, I can fall asleep staring at my large 4K screen, even in the middle of a game of Solitaire! 

edited May 19

Complaint:  Getting old isn't all fun and games.  I just performed an unintentional experiment and have proved that microwave ovens heat more than water molecules.  After supper I wanted a cup of coffee.  I'd already washed the dishes and put them away.  So, I grabbed my favorite heavy ceramic coffee mug (aka: "stoneware") and popped it into the microwave for the usual 2 minutes.  I grabbed the coffee jar, a spoon, and some creamer, set it up on the counter and waited for the "Ding".   "Ding", all done, popped open the door, stuck my finger in the cup handle, started to pull the cup out to set on the counter, but just as the cup was exiting the confines of the oven I realized that it was unusually light, and before my brain could squeeze out the reason, I also realized it was exceedingly HOT.surprise  So, now the cup is dangling over the floor and my finger flesh is melting.crying   About that time my brain had caught up with the situation and informed me "It's empty you fool!".  Three microseconds later I had the cup on the counter and my finger under the cold water tap and the neighbors probably thought I'd been shot and I even think that I taught them a few new words.  Yep, dry ceramic heats up real nice in the microwave when there isn't enough other mass in the microwave field to absorb the energy.  Now I know. indecision

I hate doing stupid things by not paying attention.  I have three rules to survive old age.  1) Don't rush my movements.  2) Don't take shortcuts. 3) Pay attention to details.  How many of those did I violate?frown

Non-complaint:  While the hot mug was sitting on the counter, heating the room, I grabbed another cup, put water in it, irradiated it for 2 minutes, and succeeded in assembling my cup of coffee.  All is right with the world.  Except when this burn turns to a blister.   But for now I have coffee.  Wheee...yes

Post edited by LeatherGryphon on