How to export my house model from Blender to DAZ?

2»

Comments

• lilweeplilweep Posts: 2,273

James said:

lilweep said:

Yes, except as i mentioned above, there is batch export of obj from Blender, and batch import ob obj into Daz by dragging and dropping and spamming enter. So neither of those steps take much time.

I tried those batch export. None function 100% as expected.
    Like for example, No uv map.
    most of them are out of date.
    I even tried a paid one in Blendermarket, but still have similar problem.

So importing obj to daz by drop and drag works, but if the exported files has no uv map, it becomes a problem.

Okay but did you try this?

https://www.versluis.com/2021/12/how-to-export-multiple-objects-from-blender-as-obj-or-fbx/ ;

Does the mesh with missing UV actually have a UV map in Blender?

• lilweeplilweep Posts: 2,273

James said:

I want to pack my resources, but missing image files stop it.
    The images I don't need it anymore.

How to cut ties with them in blender

ChatGPT had this to say:

If you're encountering missing image files when trying to pack resources in Blender, it means that Blender is unable to locate the specified image files referenced in your project. To remove these missing image files from your blend file, you can follow these steps:

Open Blender: Open your Blender project that is experiencing the missing image file issue.

Outliner Panel: In Blender, switch to the Outliner panel. You can find it typically on the right side of the interface or by pressing the shortcut key combination Shift + F9.

Toggle to 'Orphan Data' View: In the Outliner panel, there's a dropdown menu at the top. By default, it's set to "All Scenes". Change this dropdown to "Orphan Data". This will show any files that are not linked to any object in your scene.

Locate Missing Image Files: Look for entries in the Orphan Data view that represent missing image files. They'll usually have a red icon next to them indicating that they're missing.

Delete the Orphaned Image Files: Right-click on each of the missing image file entries and select "Delete". This will remove them from your blend file.

Save Your Blend File: Once you've deleted all the orphaned image files, save your blend file to make sure the changes are preserved.

By following these steps, you should be able to remove the missing image files from your Blender project, allowing you to pack resources without encountering errors.

• JamesJames Posts: 929
    edited May 5

Well I went to chatgpt too, but purging/deleting orphan data, doesnt work for me.

Post edited by James on
  • PadonePadone Posts: 3,549

Select the mesh then delete the materials.

material tab > remove material slot

https://www.versluis.com/2021/12/how-to-export-multiple-objects-from-blender-as-obj-or-fbx/ ;

Does the mesh with missing UV actually have a UV map in Blender?

The script works on blender 3.0 -ish.
    But not working on 4.0 above

The mesh has uv map in blender

Padone said:

Select the mesh then delete the materials.

material tab > remove material slot

The missing images comes from a geometry procedural I bought from blender market.
    I don't know where these images tied to.
    But the developer send me the missing images, I just need to put it into the directory.
    He says it's a bug, that should not be there.
    Probably he'll update it.