Comments

• evilproducerevilproducer Posts: 9,050
    edited December 1969

Corrected the title, Dart!

• DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,332
    edited December 1969

LOL!!!
    Heh... this certainly is strange, not being able to access the internet on a constant basis!
  • ringo monfortringo monfort Posts: 945
    edited December 1969

LOL!!!
    Heh... this certainly is strange, not being able to access the internet on a constant basis!

I think Dart needs to be host for the Genesis and Genesis 2 Carrara Challenge.. ;-P hint, hint. :)

edited December 1969

LOL!!!

I think Dart needs to be host for the Genesis and Genesis 2 Carrara Challenge.. ;-P hint, hint. :)

He'll need to press his cheerleader outfit! If those pleats aren't creased just right.... ;-P

• DustRiderDustRider Posts: 2,726
    edited December 1969

Just thought I'd pop in and let everyone know I'm diligently working on next months challenge. The idea is fleshed out and just about ready to go, and I've found a very generous sponsor with stuff you all will love (if you don't already have it all). I'm waiting to get confirmation from DAZ to post the challenge (unless it wouldn't be breaking protocol to go ahead and post the challenge without all sponsors/rewards).

I hope to make this a very inclusive challenge that will spark the interests of several of the new faces that have come around over the past few weeks, and maybe even those that have Carrara, but haven't really used it. I'm sure that the hard core Carrara users should find it fun and worth while too.

Sorry Ringo, I really wanted to do a challenge that would show off the use of DAZ figures in Carrara (especially Genesis/G2), but I didn't want to exclude those who might have an older version of Carrara. I would love a Genesis in Carrara challenge though!!

edited December 1969

The great thing about Ringo and his products, is that he has been making things for Carrara for many years. I believe he made the Carrara hi-res V4 and M4 skin shaders that shipped with Carrara 7 and 8 (maybe C6 ?). Please correct me if I'm wrong.

• DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,332
    edited December 1969

The great thing about Ringo and his products, is that he has been making things for Carrara for many years. I believe he made the Carrara hi-res V4 and M4 skin shaders that shipped with Carrara 7 and 8 (maybe C6 ?). Please correct me if I'm wrong.
    Yeah...
    Ringo's store is wonderful! I love my DP Shaders and Brushes and Skies sets!
    I also love his valuable input and sweet renders! Carrarateers, we need to find out where he lives and take a field trip! :ahhh:

Sitting around a table at the local cafe, having eggs and toast, Ringo pears down at his coffee... the cream still swirling into the deep, dark liquid and exclaims: "Hey Dartan, break out that netbook. I want to make a shader of this"... ;)

• bighbigh Posts: 8,147
    edited December 1969

Yeah...
    I also love his valuable input and sweet renders! Carrarateers, we need to find out where he lives and take a field trip! :ahhh:

Sitting around a table at the local cafe, having eggs and toast, Ringo pears down at his coffee... the cream still swirling into the deep, dark liquid and exclaims: "Hey Dartan, break out that netbook. I want to make a shader of this"... ;)

drunk again :roll:

edited December 1969

I would love to get together with other Carrara users.Maybe one this days we could get a community event going. :-)

Yeah...

edited August 2014

What part of the world do you call home?

Post edited by evilproducer on
    edited December 1969

I am new the Los Angeles California area. If we get to have Siggraph 2015 here in LA again it would be great to setup a meeting at Siggraph.

• GarstorGarstor Posts: 1,411
    edited December 1969

I am new the Los Angeles California area. If we get to have Siggraph 2015 here in LA again it would be great to setup a meeting at Siggraph.

I nearly went to SIGGRAPH last year but did not have enough vacation days. Instead, I was in Wisconsin to meet up with Dart and EP. That was a great trip and I wish I had more time there.

I hope to attend next year no matter where it is held. But I'll be back in Wisconsin next year too and L.A. later this year (different sort of conference... ;-) ).

• PhilWPhilW Posts: 5,145
    edited December 1969

Sorry to be late to the party on this one, but very well done to all who entered this challenge, the entries were a uniformly very high standard and there were some amazingly imaginative and wonderful images. I will certainly pay more attention to the next challenge!

• HeadwaxHeadwax Posts: 9,969
    edited December 1969

RingoMonfort

I just wanted to say thank you for your kindness in increasing the prizes after the challenge was over!
    Thank you so much for your support.

For those who don't know, Ringo was kind enough to add an extra product to each of the winners prizes aver and above those that were promised initially.

Thank you again.

Really looking to bashing out some renders with my new shader packs!!!!

• DADA_universeDADA_universe Posts: 336
    edited December 1969

head wax said:
    RingoMonfort

I just wanted to say thank you for your kindness in increasing the prizes after the challenge was over!

For those who don't know, Ringo was kind enough to add an extra product to each of the winners prizes aver and above those that were promised initially.

Thank you again.

Thank you RingoMonfort, Daz, and congratulations to all the winners, including EP for working hard at getting more people to pay attention to the contest. It sure was fun.

edited December 1969

head wax said:
    RingoMonfort

Thank you again.

You are welcome! It sure was fun watching all the developments as the challenge progress and got to see some amazing ideas and artwork. I hope everyone had fun.
    I am looking forward to the renders you will create with the shaders.

Best Regards.

edited December 1969

Thanks everybody!

Especially to Ringo. I was going to mention the upgrade to his prizes, but since he very generously offered to do that after the challenge was closed I didn't want to put pressure on dustrider as he was looking for sponsors for his challenge. I didn't want to scare anybody potential sponsors away. ;-)

Thanks headwax, for mentioning it now, it was a very generous thing for Ringo to do.