List Your Carrara Issues Here

1235»

Comments

• cdordonicdordoni Posts: 583
    edited December 1969

Perhaps it would help to create a new thread which can be stickied that outlines the goal specifically as communication by users for users concerning education in how to work more effectively with Carrara.

• IamArtistXIamArtistX Posts: 119
    edited December 1969

After the way Daz has handled this, I can't see a lot of people going out of their way now, it seems Daz has stated loud and clear what they think of Carrara and it's userbase

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited October 2014

cdordoni said:
    Some posts may well provide all the details that would be needed, but many don't and a single thread is not a good way of separating the two, or asking for more information (and working out which post the extra information goes with), and it certainly isn't a practical way of tracking progress. When we stickied this thread we understood that it was going to be a supplement for the bug reports, since those are private now and cannot be seen by other users, but that bug reports would be the way people made issues known to the development team. That didn't seem to be working, so we unstickied the thread.

This thread was started for users, not Daz. Daz has made their position quite clear that the forums are not to be used for bug reporting. Therefore, if Daz does not believe this thread is meeting its goal, that goal must have be established by Daz itself, and would contradict its own policy about recognizing any reporting of bugs in the forum. If users are happy with this thread, there needs to be no intervention unless somehow TOS is violated.

So if the content is deemed not useful, just remove the thread. Classifying it as not sticky worthy is a still way of rejecting it. Again, this thread was not started for Daz, so this rejection of information that was never intended by users to be an officially recognized form of bug reporting is puzzling.

I quote this from when we were talking about it I thought that the idea was to have a thread here, in this forum, which was a list of those Bugs that had already been filed on the bug tracker.

Here the forum team can help maintain the thread, to make sure it doesn't get abused by people posting just pure moans, not genuine bugs, and also of course, as this is the DAZ 3D Forums, there are DAZ 3D people around to see what is posted.

We can also make the thread a Sticky, so that it doesn't get lost.

To which comment I was given this reply

might be an idea, as I said in my OP, this isnt a Daz bashing thread, I genuinely want people to post things so they can be fixed and to let Daz know about them, and how we feel

Post edited by Chohole on
  • DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,135
    edited December 1969

diomede64 said:
    I agree with several others that this thread should be a sticky, or we should revive one of the previous incarnations and make it a sticky. I am trying to remember some of the issues I have posted previously.

• IamArtistXIamArtistX Posts: 119
    edited December 1969

There was no legitimate reason this was unstickied other than daz not being interested, we gave as much information about the issues as we could based on what carrara told us, but when you have a program just saying "An error has occurred while doing xxxxxxx" there is not a lot we can tell the "Dev's"

As I said if they want information release a debug version of Carrara that logs everything, then they can have all the information they want, and then maybe just maybe the Carrara community wont feel that they are being abandoned by Daz

• DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,135
    edited December 1969

Experiencing a very strange render room error as described in this thread.
    http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/48128/

It is a real pain in the butushka to search through the threads to see if anyone else had the same problem. Could we please have this issues thread restored as a sticky?

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 38,093
    edited December 1969

are you using Valentina or postgre for your content manager database, the latter will not work with carrara and gives that error

• MadbatMadbat Posts: 382
    edited December 1969

I've rarely fired up Cararra 8.5 since I bought it. Waste of money. Genesis works no better in C 8.5p than in Poser. Worse even, Poser has a fitting room.

Also, It's hard to send an error report when the error just reads error. A log file would be nice.