Installation Issue: Installation will begin after previous installations

2»

Comments

• Hey guys, so I was also getting frustrated by the same problem today. My Daz installation first stopped at 28%, then 41%.

And after reading the suggestion by shaunjubilee, I decided to try his crazy idea and it worked...

Every time Daz Studio installation progress changed to the "Install" button, I would simply open the Task Manager and end the DazCentral task, then open it again and resume the installation. Every new time I would reopen DazCentral, it would now get stuck at a point closer to 100%, i.e., First, it got stuck at 48%, I ended the task, then started it again and it got stuck at 64%, then 71%, then it went all the way to 100%.

Just keep ending the task in Task Manager every time the installation changes to the "Install" button.

It's really frustrating for a piece of software to have such an archaic installation process in 2022, but hey, maybe it's a way to get people to buy premium to get dedicated support from the developer team.

• PJ3DPJ3D Posts: 33

I had this issue too. De-installed Daz to Blender bridge which was the only other install attempted at this stage. Restarted DAZ Central and it worked after that.

• Halcon BlueskyHalcon Bluesky Posts: 400
    edited December 2022

I have had the same problem, before.

I attempted to install the program using Daz Central several times.

I opened a support ticket, the guy told me to use DIM, I did that and I never go back using Daz Central.

My reccomendations to all those to want using Daz Studio is to avoid to all cost using Daz Central and use Daz Install Manager.

In the navigation ribbon, click the the top right Green Icon.

Click the Product Library Icon, once you are at the Product Library page do this:

Below Filter:

Type in the space "Install Manager" without quotation marks and click FILTER Button

Now you have landed on that page, click the corresponding installer for your Operating System, in the example screenshot I got the 64-bit version for Windows

In the page for the Install Manager, you have the choice of either Zip or Exe file to download to your computer.

Click the exe file, this is the fastest way to get the things done for you.

Once downloaded in the location of your choice, locate the file and launch it.

Accept the defaults if you are using a single disk, for the other way to install it if you have an SSD, I can't give you an answer because I did try to do a custom install but failed. 

Hope this can help you!

Daz3D Navigation Bar.png
    3762 x 177 - 87K
    Top Right Green Icon.png
    625 x 320 - 20K
    Product Library Icon.png
    262 x 260 - 7K
    Product Library Filter.png
    1867 x 1020 - 75K
    Product Library Search.png
    1825 x 1647 - 144K
    Install Manager Windows 64-bit.png
    3130 x 1695 - 404K
    Install Manager Download options.png
    3042 x 1667 - 312K
    Post edited by Halcon Bluesky on
  • The Hitchhiker's Guide to the DAZCentral

Thanks to the sum of all your/our problems I was able to understand how this program (not) works...

Start DAZCentral and close the window that appears in front of you with the two choices DAZ Studio and DAZ to Blender

Then at the top, corresponding to DAZ Studio, press Install

In the left column, in the Applications category, click on Daz Studio

You will find yourself in the Overview tab with the installation progress.

After the first few minutes (after you have installed the Microsoft runtime and the DAZDIMHelper) the problems will start: you will see the percentage of the installation crashing or even reverting.

THIS HAPPENS BECAUSE, DURING THE INSTALLATION, DAZCENTRAL WILL INSTALL SOME ASSETS.

Then move to the My Assets tab (top of the screen), and in the list, you will see the installation of some assets: Genesis 9 Starter Essentials, dForce Starter Essentials, Genesis 8 Starter Essentials. (depending on when you look at this guide the assets could be less or more - in fact Genesis 9, for example, was only recently added)

The installation will fail if these assets have not been fully installed. So if you see that these hang during the installation, you will have to CLOSE AND RE-OPEN DAZCENTRAL, THEN REPEAT ALL THE STEPS FROM THE BEGINNING.

The good news is that the various installations will continue where they left off (and not from the beginning, fortunately)

However, it may be necessary to repeat the whole process even a dozen times...

However, by monitoring the whole process and with a good connection, in half an hour you can have everything installed.

Good day!

• For me it got stuck at 56% on Windows 10. First part of my solution was to change the base path location to another drive other than C: drive.
    I think this is due to some weird access settings Windows puts on C: drive.
    Then it got stuck at 67%.
    I left it there and nothing happened for 2 hours.
    Then I clicked on the various tabs on top of the screen (in the hopes to find a clue as to why it got stalled) and only when I clicked "Resources" the installation continued and successfully completed.
    Don't ask me why, this does absolutely not make any sense whatsoever since the resources tab only includes FAQ and some links to some tutorials oO

• This is my first install and I ran into this problem that I solved, that's all I did.

Reinstalling daz central, it didn't work.

Reinstalling daz central after uninstalling and deleting folders with CCclenner, it didn't work.

The same thing with a new account, it didn't work.

Same but with a new user, it didn't work.

Again, all this while taking care to delete the processes and to do a complete cleaning of the registry base of all the modifications made by daz central with dedicated software.

it finally works, here I post with the third account I created.

I think the technical service should look into the matter, finally, I said that I said nothing.

• edited January 2023

dugamer141 said:

try uninstalling this "dForce Starter Essentials" then it should  work .

This worked for me!! :)

mod edit to fix quote

Post edited by Cris Palomino on