Installation Issue: Installation will begin after previous installations

kristydiggs7kristydiggs7 Posts: 0
edited July 2020 in New Users

[Installation Issue: Installation will begin after previous installations] Hello, I keep getting stuck here... any suggestions?

index.png
1480 x 860 - 312K
Post edited by Richard Haseltine on

Comments

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604

Do you have Zbrush  and Photoshop?

• This happened to me twice and found out this is a result of Daz to Blender or Daz to 3ds Max addons.. Just close that window.. You will see Daz Studio is iinstalling... 

Annotation 2020-08-03 221753.png
    1348 x 778 - 427K
  • same problem here :-(

maybe my pc isn't supported?!

• amilakumarafl said:

This happened to me twice and found out this is a result of Daz to Blender or Daz to 3ds Max addons.. Just close that window.. You will see Daz Studio is iinstalling... 

oh my...Thanks bro

• eloytribikeloytribik Posts: 0

amilakumarafl said:

This happened to me twice and found out this is a result of Daz to Blender or Daz to 3ds Max addons.. Just close that window.. You will see Daz Studio is iinstalling... 

I have exactly the same problem... and i have not the Daz to Blender or Daz to 3ds Max addons... Any other idea that can help me? Please

• ResipiscoResipisco Posts: 0

I have the same topic an every time I close DAZ Studio and open again, if I check [insall] again it will go ahead with a view percent progess and then I have to re4paed the proceedure.

Waht happens to developers, that they implement such a shame installation code without sufficent information what possibly causes this behaivior, instead of leaving the customer in guesses. 

• Resipisco said:

I have the same topic an every time I close DAZ Studio and open again, if I check [insall] again it will go ahead with a view percent progess and then I have to re4paed the proceedure.

Waht happens to developers, that they implement such a shame installation code without sufficent information what possibly causes this behaivior, instead of leaving the customer in guesses. 

I have the exact same problem. Do you know any solution? the installation process keeps going up until 68% and then abruptly stops and the install button appears as if the app isn't installed.

• sgotachsgotach Posts: 0

mine wont pass 90%, I have no bridge programs as one of you said

big sad

• mjegimjegi Posts: 0

Hasn't anyone brought this up to their technical support?  Or do they bother to answer?

• Had same symptoms. Closed Blender and it made it another step of the way. Then closed the overlay screen like amilakumarafl recommended. It didn't show the percentage bar they posted, but it did have an 'Install' button. So pressed that and got the installation bar. It made it a little further than before then dropped back to the 'Install' button. Tried again and made it a little further.

Evidently it is downloading the Gig of program file in the background and the installer isn't showing the real issue: download not complete. Left the computer on for a few hours and came back to it. Pressed 'Install' again and it finally completed the installation. Hope this helps the next person.

• petgod1petgod1 Posts: 0

It seems I'm stuck in the same place. I have no indication that anything is dowloading in Google downloads.
    I am currently getting an install bar for Daz Studio in the Daz Studio page and I seem to have downloaded Photoshop Bridge and SciFi Siren?
    At this stage, nothing is showing in Windows 10 'Recently Added' apps to indicate I can open Daz 3D?

• scyhocescyhoce Posts: 69
    edited August 2021

Same here. I don't have anything installing besides studio, and it won't go past 69%.

Post edited by scyhoce on
  • scyhocescyhoce Posts: 69

Okay I just figured something, the whole time there was gen8 essentials being downloaded, you can make sure of this by going under My Libraray (Daz Studio Assets) and choosing the Assets tab. 

• 793s793s Posts: 0
    edited September 2021

amilakumarafl said:

Thanks, that worked for me.

• This is simply nuts. On a Mac computer, Daz Central fails entirely to install DAZ Studio. I left it running for 24 hours with a high speed internet connection. Stops at 78% and stays there, no matter what. No error messages except "Installation will begin after previous installations" which isn't an error message--it's a failed fortune cookie slogan. Logs are equally obscure. Software components are installed at apparently random locations and the less said about the interface and scripting languages, the better. 

On a Windows 10 computer, a similar thing happens. Daz Central gets to 86% (why?) and then returns to a splash screen, again with no user feedback or error messages, or any indication of what it's doing. The documentation lags far behind the software--the help files discuss Daz Install Manager (appropriately named DIM) as the installation method, not Daz Central, but give no clue how to download DIM. Even if you find the DIM download, the page requires a re-login followed by only giving the option "Save File" with no option to actually run it. It doesn't even say where it's saving the exe file! I'm a professional software developer with 30 years of experience and I find this extremely frustrating. How do new users ever succeed at getting this to work?

This is a company that doesn't know how to write software! Testing and quality assurance are just as important, perhaps more, as creating new code, because most of the cost of software is maintenance, not creation, and the less testing you do, the more maintenance you incur. That's a rule that goes back at least 40 years.

I'm trying to do a complete re-installation because the old copy kept crashing and hanging and taking ten minutes to load scenes. I've been attempting to do this for three hours on the Windows machine. I gave up on the Mac attempt. This is just insane!

• Hi, sorry for my English, I am from Russia, but I have the same problem, there are no open windows and the installation stands on the spot by 63%

• Faced with the same problem, when installing it stops at 86% and then resets. Can anyone help?

• Hey guys am not very technical but i also had the same problem of being stuck at that install button, So i ended up going to task manager and ending the daz central that i was running..and when i re-opened it again i realised that the install button had disappeared, I went on my desktop and i saw that its already been installed...hope this helps and sorry i cant write proper english..if it makes sense then yah god bless haha ! 

• shaunjubilee said:

Hey guys am not very technical but i also had the same problem of being stuck at that install button, So i ended up going to task manager and ending the daz central that i was running..and when i re-opened it again i realised that the install button had disappeared, I went on my desktop and i saw that its already been installed...hope this helps and sorry i cant write proper english..if it makes sense then yah god bless haha ! 

Strangely enough, it worked. Though I haven't started using the studio and only when I do, I will come to know if the installation was complete. I expect some errors related to missing files or libraries, but yes, the studio seems to be installed at the moment. Thanks for the tip! Cheers!

• part3dstudiopart3dstudio Posts: 0
    edited April 2022

Still no solution for this? 
    I shouldn't have updated ... 
    Trick with TaskManager didn't work for me still no icon or anything else ...Right now im trying to install via DIM (Daz Install Manager). I was going to buy this [stuff] due to this amazing rig it has for posing but at this point im going to keep using free version :) 

Ok i tried ... DIM doesnt work also ... So what now DAZ support team??? Should i reinstall Windows to use it???
    I shouldnt have unistalled the prevuious version ... it was working 
    Are there any other good softs with splendid rigs ?

• part3dstudio said:

Still no solution for this? 
    I shouldn't have updated ... 
    Trick with TaskManager didn't work for me still no icon or anything else ...Right now im trying to install via DIM (Daz Install Manager). I was going to buy this [stuff] due to this amazing rig it has for posing but at this point im going to keep using free version :) 

Ok i tried ... DIM doesnt work also ... So what now DAZ support team??? Should i reinstall Windows to use it???
    I shouldnt have unistalled the prevuious version ... it was working 
    Are there any other good softs with splendid rigs ?

At this point you should probably open a support ticket https://www.daz3d.com/help . Make sure you tell them which security software you are running as that may well be  factor.

• emre.beneremre.bener Posts: 0

Hello, I'm also stuck at "Installation will begin after previous installations". I have no antivirus. Are there no solution for this problem?

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,529

emre.bener said:

Hello, I'm also stuck at "Installation will begin after previous installations". I have no antivirus. Are there no solution for this problem?

It is saying it will begin installation after the previous isntallations have been removed. Have you checked the log? Daz Central installs multiple items when installing the Daz Studio package and at 83% it is likely that it is one of the add-ons that is sticking, not the application itself.

• I know I'm late for the party,but here is what I've found out. Go to My Assets and you should find a "dForce Starter Essentials" that should have the icon saying "open" instead of "install". And THAT'S the Daz Studio. Click on "open" and Studio will open. Worked for me. Good luck guys.

• try uninstalling this "dForce Starter Essentials" then it should  work .

• geckogod77geckogod77 Posts: 0
    edited July 2022

Well, I can tell you it's nothing anyone has done wrong nor does the problem have to do with other versions of fax or poser or anything else.

I have a brand new Alienware, Daz Studio is literally the first program I'm trying to download (ok 2nd after daz central).  The install freezes at 57% and the install button appears again.  I've shut down and restarted central. No good.  I've restarted the computer and tried again. No good.

Actually so pissed off I have to walk away for a minute.  So stoked to have gotten my computer before the weekend so I could waste the weekend learning and instead kick in the groin.

Post edited by Cris Palomino on
  • ChezjuanChezjuan Posts: 513

It looks like all these problems are related to using Daz Central to install. Has anyone with this problem tried using the Daz Install Manager?

https://www.daz3d.com/install-manager-info

It's the "old" way but uses the same database, etc. and I have never had a problem installing Studio with it.

• hansolocambohansolocambo Posts: 649
    edited July 2022

Chezjuan said:

and I have never had a problem installing Studio with it.

Me neither. Until... today. DIM or DAZ Central : same. None of them installs DAZ nor PostgreSQL CMS.

Damn...

Post edited by hansolocambo on
  • frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,925

It's best to avoid Central and go with DIM to install everything. It is a heck of a lot less headache and rarely fails and if it does it's usually easy fixes and you don't get many of the various errors that you get when you install all of your content with Central.

• hansolocambohansolocambo Posts: 649
    edited July 2022

frank0314 said:

It's best to avoid Central

Thanks, but I never used DAZ Central before. I had to try it today because DIM would not install DAZ. Sadly DAZ Central didn't work either.

First time I see an "Install Failed!" message in DIM...

Post edited by hansolocambo on