Shows That Inspire Animations

Comments

• DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,264

...and Witcher games are on sale for 85% off too!

• oooh this is cool

• Steve KSteve K Posts: 3,203

oooh this is cool

Yeah, it is.  I get inspired to make short animations by virtual scenes like this, this is sort of the same thing for live action film makers.  Reminds me of a story about the great Rod Serling ("The Twilight Zone"), when a friend brought in a big stack of mail for him.  Serling flipped quickly thru the stack, throwing almonst all of it on his desk, but took one piece and sat down to read it.  It was a brochure offering a full sized jet airliner cockpit simulator for sale or rent (the planes had been discontinued).  He called his commercial pilot brother and asked what would happen if a transatlantic flight got caught in a hyperspeed wind.  The brother had no idea, but Serling wrote the script anyway for "The Odyssey Of Flight 33", a famous episode.  It was made believable by his pilot brother and his pilot buddies providing realistic cockpit/tower language for the dialogue.  

Video Link

oooh this is cool

This truly is an inspiration to animate!!!

Steve K said:

oooh this is cool

Yeah, it is.  I get inspired to make short animations by virtual scenes like this, this is sort of the same thing for live action film makers.  Reminds me of a story about the great Rod Serling ("The Twilight Zone"), when a friend brought in a big stack of mail for him.  Serling flipped quickly thru the stack, throwing almonst all of it on his desk, but took one piece and sat down to read it.  It was a brochure offering a full sized jet airliner cockpit simulator for sale or rent (the planes had been discontinued).  He called his commercial pilot brother and asked what would happen if a transatlantic flight got caught in a hyperspeed wind.  The brother had no idea, but Serling wrote the script anyway for "The Odyssey Of Flight 33", a famous episode.  It was made believable by his pilot brother and his pilot buddies providing realistic cockpit/tower language for the dialogue.  

Wow! Awesome!

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675

has a distinctive lighting

teal?  or desaturated?

One of my favorties from the current crop of British Arrow Awards for commercials:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oty9gFAkqfc&list=PLFgOdQEXlKwZXEgFcaaNqySq8C_GTwPV7&index=6

Mystarra said:

has a distinctive lighting

teal?  or desaturated?

Good call! I haven't seen this (second?) one yet, but will. Very inspiring!

Steve K said:

One of my favorties from the current crop of British Arrow Awards for commercials:

That's Awesome!!!

• DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,099
    edited January 2020

Enjoy

A Lesson in How Tough Animation Can Be

https://www.thewrap.com/colbert-claymation-christmas-special-video/

As block-of-clay-with-a-beard St. Nick put it: “Santa didn’t realize how much time it took to do stop-motion animation, but he does understand the commitment to CBS for a novelty holiday special.”

Post edited by Diomede on
    Diomede said:

Enjoy

A Lesson in How Tough Animation Can Be

Funny stuff.  

Kinda off track, but not really:

I just found this while browsing the forum. It's in Art Studio and is a Music Video done using Daz Studio and other video elements, including live action footage of the singer

https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/362796/music-video-created-in-daz-studio-win-your-love

edited January 2020

vfx breakdown

devil may cry 5

Post edited by Mistara on

a flash back

early scifi was about chix babes not knowing what a bathing suit is smiley

And early scifi had a lot of alien populations of only hot human females.  

Zsa Zsa = yes

svoluptuous  venutians, bit of a tongue twister

Diomede said:

And early scifi had a lot of alien populations of only hot human females.  

Zsa Zsa = yes

did they ever show the mongo worlds as one scene?

every moon was a kingdom

I loved these as a kid. No surprise that I'm a fan of scantily clad fantasy girls!

edited January 2020

in 1965, was the movie ,  Ursula Andress and Christopher Lee

She Who Must Be Obeyed

movie stuck in my head for some reason.

moyra doing a starburst

That Starburst is our Daz3d Moyra? I love the VFX! Very well done IMHO!

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,956

That Starburst is our Daz3d Moyra? I love the VFX! Very well done IMHO!

Renderosity Moyra, that star shot through ...

I just binge-watched the first season of The Witcher again. Think I might watch Alita Battle Angel again before watching it through a third time. 

Henry Cavill really plays Geralt well. As it turns out, he was already a huge fan from the games and the books - so he came in with a great love for the carraracter. You know that opening scene of the first Witcher game we talked about earlier? Yeah! They do that story in this first season! Freaking awesome! I hope that's not a spoiler. 

I don't think this is a spoiler either. It's the first 137 seconds of the show, just to help illustrate the flavor of this amazing work.

I love it!

I must also add that PhilW's Animation in Carrara course constantly inspires me to animate! LOL

I'll watch so much, then I have to go animate. Fire up the render engine and come watch some more. Rinse and Repeat!!!

Sure I've already delved pretty darned deep into animation in Carrara over the past ten years. But as I've told PhilW years ago, I know that there's a lot more I could know within the animation tools in Carrara that could help me along. I would say that sort of thing as I begged him to make another Infinite Skills course. Well Infinite Skills is no longer, but PhilW still came through! What a wonderful course. Glad to (finally) own it!

I must also add that PhilW's Animation in Carrara course constantly inspires me to animate! LOL ...  I know that there's a lot more I could know within the animation tools in Carrara that could help me along. 

Agreed.  As I've mentioned before, another resource I've found to help me know how to use the tools is the "Mastershots" book series at Amazon (three volumes, 4+ stars out of 5).  "Every technique is illustrated with samples from great feature films and computer-generated diagrams for absolute clarity."  Those computer diagrams (sort of like keyframes) are done in Poser, BTW.

Steve K said:

I must also add that PhilW's Animation in Carrara course constantly inspires me to animate! LOL ...  I know that there's a lot more I could know within the animation tools in Carrara that could help me along. 

Agreed.  As I've mentioned before, another resource I've found to help me know how to use the tools is the "Mastershots" book series at Amazon (three volumes, 4+ stars out of 5).  "Every technique is illustrated with samples from great feature films and computer-generated diagrams for absolute clarity."  Those computer diagrams (sort of like keyframes) are done in Poser, BTW.

Looks good! Thanks for the tip!

tee hee, double dumass on you

stay on target

edited January 2020

I loved these as a kid. No surprise that I'm a fan of scantily clad fantasy girls!

I loved those also.  My favorite Sinbad movie (Ray Harryhausen versions) was the one with Kathryn Grant and Kerwin Matthews, but no doubt that Caroline Munro and John Phillip Law were more plausibly in character.

Dynamation = yes

Some techniques discussed in official trailer.

Post edited by Diomede on
    edited January 2020

Rubyy Rod

long shot of the cruise ship, inspiring all my efforts at the moment

rewinded this 5 times today.  

Broose!

Mystarra said:

rewinded this 5 times today.  

Broose!

Really well done, and funny scenes, some of my favorites.  They left some out, though:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wvHMBkYg1sw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8AnW97qET4E

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,956

I reckon this could be done with Carrara, the CGI that is