if george hung his shorts to dry, it may need the bend morph  tee hee

• StezzaStezza Posts: 8,007
    Mystarra said:

the hair zip?

by Cbird .. posted the other day wink

https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/comment/5105471/#Comment_5105471

Cbird said:

Wow, I haven't seen clothes pins like that a loooong time. Very cool.

if anyone tries the hair zip, it looks empty when you load it, but appears when you drag it onto MasCarra. No idea why, lol.

my mum used those clothes pegs ... that was back when we had bread and milk delivered by horse and cart.. true! .. kids these days would be shocked lol

with th ehair, that's normal.. I copied the hair file to my hair stuff folder in the Objects tab then just drag it from there onto the model which in this case is MasCarra, all working as should be yes

thanks smiley

edited November 2019

Rock On

Rock On.png
    800 x 600 - 623K
    Post edited by Stezza on

She's sweet on Wagner
    I think she'd die for Beethoven
    She loves the way Puccini lays down a tune
    And MasCarra's always creeping from her room

laugh  angel  devil

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675
    Cbird said:

just silly

thanks. looks so cute 

• CbirdCbird Posts: 493

Rock On

Hilarious Stezza! Do you know Ashley MacIssac? From Canada's punk fiddle phase. I have to try and make a kilt now, lol

Thank you, Misty!

https://youtu.be/QP3PoEUb92s

thanks for the link @Cbird .. I've never heard of him  wink

• RedfernRedfern Posts: 1,593

LOL I made one a few years ago and nobody knew WTF it was

My late aunt had one erected upon an extended portion of her patio, more or less in line with the air conditioner's external component.  She did have a clothes dryer, but she still used the clothes line frame for certain items.  With the warm air blown from the ACeven things like tennis shoes or deep pile mats dried in short order!  And, being mounded within concrete, she didn't have to trudge into wet grass to hang items.

Sincerely,

Bill

edited November 2019

lol... yummo

Today's Wacky Models are some decorations to use on @Diomede 's Christmas tree

some candy cane and baubles - zip file attached

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas.... these wacky candy canes and baubels are still there from last year angel

Post edited by Stezza on
    edited November 2019

Thanks UB smiley

Redid the columns and some arches and stuff for version 2..... of the wacky leaning tower

did this model 12 months ago.. thought I'd revisit it again.... ended up just remodeling it again ( well about 80% of it )

version 3 ~ I'll upload it to shareCG sometime complete with my own grass texture and everything .. wacky hey!

PisaTower.png
    640 x 480 - 437K
    Post edited by Stezza on
  • You are just so prolific yes

I haven't even rendered most of my DAZ content yet I am innundated but keep it up heart

slow to the party, doh

Mascara meeting Janna

mas and janna.png
    1500 x 1125 - 1M
  • Bunyip02Bunyip02 Posts: 8,427
    edited November 2019

Going for a walk in the meadows

MasCarra Odie 1 TopazImpress.png
    800 x 1040 - 2M
    Post edited by Bunyip02 on
    edited November 2019

great renders of Mascarra peoples.. wink

I did some more wacky work on the model... some more weight painting on the boots so the laces don't go off when posing and added some more morphs to compliment @Diomede morph from earlier..

download the zip and have fun  laugh

mascarraMorphsMore.jpg
    759 x 656 - 98K
    zip
    zip
    MasCarra2 with morphs.zip
    Post edited by Stezza on
    edited November 2019

here's something really Wacky!

and I don't know why...

help!

I modeled a Tee for MasCarra which was easy enough... I then then used the same bone structure I created for the Tee so it would conform.. seems easy enough

but when I conform the Tee the right sleeve gets sucked into the body and I dunno why!

got me stuffed... anyone know why this happens and what the cure is?

I'll attach the tee for your further examination.. wink

zip
    zip
    MasCarraTee.zip
    notconforming.jpg
    800 x 660 - 100K
    Post edited by Stezza on
    edited December 2019

Santa needs a wacky sleigh this year ~ so why not a Carrara one!

For all your whizzing around the world on Christmas Eve ~ the sleigh is bundled up in the zip along with Santa's sack... hmmm... and they both have morphs as well wink

Have a Happy MasCarra Christmas yes

Santa Sleigh.jpg
    800 x 657 - 234K
    Merry MasCarramas.jpg
    800 x 600 - 508K
    zip
    zip
    Sleigh.zip
    Post edited by Stezza on

looks cute.  thanks

for the t ...  wm or deformers involved?

i've tried the wm brush a few times on miki3, arm melted to the floor

• de3ande3an Posts: 915
    edited December 2019

here's something really Wacky!

and I don't know why...

help!

I modeled a Tee for MasCarra which was easy enough... I then then used the same bone structure I created for the Tee so it would conform.. seems easy enough

but when I conform the Tee the right sleeve gets sucked into the body and I dunno why!

got me stuffed... anyone know why this happens and what the cure is?

I'll attach the tee for your further examination.. wink

I poked around with this for awhile, and while I'm no expert at making conforming clothing, here's what I discovered.

The MasCarra character's rigging seems to have been created left-side first, then the left-side bones were duplicated and flipped to create an identical structure for the right side (that's what I would have done).

This seems to be fine for animating the figure, but causes a problem for conforming clothing. The reversed bone x,y,z orientation causes the conforming item to conform in the wrong direction. In this case the x axes was reversed, forcing the sleeve to conform into the body.

I tried manually replacing the right-side arm bones (just the shoulder, elbow, and hand) and found that the shirt then conformed properly. The bone x,y,z orientation now matched the bones on the left side.

I haven't figured out a way to copy the left side bones and flip them for the right side without this x,y,z orientation problem. There must be a way. It would be royal pain to have to manually create the rigging for the left and right side of a figure and have it be symmetrical.

And, of course, in order to fix any rigging problem, the skeleton must first be detached from the model, losing any weight painting that has been done.

conforming_T_problem.png
    5212 x 2972 - 4M
    Post edited by de3an on
    edited December 2019

thanks @de3an , that's what I did .. I boned the LH side first then duplicated with symmetry to get the RH side then renamed all the bones to reflect the side... I thought it may of had something to do with that but wasn't sure as it seemed to simple .. but Wendy did catch another duplicate with symmetry error before with some wheels on one of my bus models when she animated it.. similar but not the same.. maybe it's a bug in Carrara ... did I just say that!

Thanks for the info much appreciated wink

I shall go and do some deboning devil 

Post edited by Stezza on
  • thanks @de3an , that's what I did .. I boned the LH side first then duplicated with symmetry to get the RH side then renamed all the bones to reflect the side... I thought it may of had something to do with that but wasn't sure as it seemed to simple .. but Wendy did catch another duplicate with symmetry error before with some wheels on one of my bus models when she animated it.. similar but not the same.. maybe it's a bug in Carrara ... did I just say that!

Thanks for the info much appreciated wink

I shall go and do some deboning devil 

yes other programs like iClone and UE4 hate it

it sees them as duplicate bones and will flip them, I found this out rigging stuff myself

node names are hidden in Carrara and are identical on duplicated bones when you load them in other softwares inc DAZ studio via DAZcollada

you can change bone names but not the nodes

• de3ande3an Posts: 915

it sees them as duplicate bones and will flip them, I found this out rigging stuff myself

node names are hidden in Carrara and are identical on duplicated bones when you load them in other softwares inc DAZ studio via DAZcollada

I don't know what a "node" is, but might one of our talented plug-in authors be able to fix this problem with an extension? Creating new nodes for duplicated bones?

• de3an said:

I don't know what a "node" is, but might one of our talented plug-in authors be able to fix this problem with an extension? Creating new nodes for duplicated bones?

well some of them already have said Carrara SDK does not give access to them

they have the typos in genesis 3&8 Misty found

in DAZ studio you can find them using the rigging tool, the one like a bowtie in tool setting and creating, editing, renaming bones

they also show up in FBX exports to other programs

could prolly fix with text hack, power of notepad  lol 

• CbirdCbird Posts: 493

Love the renders, but really love the chance to watch issues be workshopped. It's like Carrara comes with its own think-tank smileyyes

i'm a lil confused with the mascara versions.  whih one has the rigging and the open mouth morph?

Cbird said:

Love the renders, but really love the chance to watch issues be workshopped. It's like Carrara comes with its own think-tank smileyyes

it is awesome and totally over my head... thank goodness we have Carrararists who know this stuff.. yes

Mystarra said:

i'm a lil confused with the mascara versions.  whih one has the rigging and the open mouth morph?

I've deboned and reboned MasCarra so the tee now works and will do some weight painting today on it... I'll repost a newer MasCarra later on if I get it done with the tee wink

• DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,135

The censors must be glad that MasCarra is no longer naked.  smiley

Great work on this character.  Thanks again.

edited December 2019

laugh

~ MasCarra Version 4 with Morphs ~

increased the mesh for better weight painting added the Tee... more morphs added as the old ones get lost when mesh is increased and some other mesh movements, I haven't tried but I think the hair will have to be reset as well..

Wacky Stuff this!

MasCarraV4.png
    640 x 480 - 140K
    zip
    zip
    MasCarra V4 with morphs.zip
    Post edited by Stezza on
This discussion has been closed.