Rendering Poser scenes in 3d 180 sbs video in Carrara

2»

Comments

• PhilWPhilW Posts: 5,145

I appreciate that this will all take a lot of time, if only render time. If you can prove the concept, maybe some clever soul can automate the process to make it quicker and easier to do.

• mindsongmindsong Posts: 1,701
    edited November 2016

Hey there @blancmail75,

I picked up your tool and poked around at it to see what made it tick, and it's pretty clever/cool!

As it's a cleverly constructed, but standard scene-file, I'm excited to use it as-is, and possibly help take it a bit further, as like the similar tools that are available in Bryce, anyone who wishes to do this sort of thing would just think this rocks! Maybe we can collaborate so you can make some $ and we can get some long-needed functions for Carrara!

Like your recent post, Ive done a bunch of 'click, move camera, click' renders that really work well, but are single-shot proof-of-concepts so far. Since then I've been hacking multi-camera 'rigs' in DS, Poser and Bryce that can be moved and animated such that two animation passes can produce image sequences that I glue together to get ... Side-by-side stereo.. which is what your rig does out of the box! My current 'wish' is to have such a rig that does two 'normal' lens range shots (rather than the 180-wide) on a full-frame double-wide sbs frame in one render, so .. that's why I'm so jazzed at what you've put together...

More to come, but I though I'd drop a note, thanking you for putting that together, and recommend that anyone who is curious about the package go ahead and grab it, as it couldn't be any more elegant in it's simplicity and useability. If you can use a carrara camera, you can use this. Any video editor can edit the result of a sequence/AVI as well, and the Magix/Vegas/Corel tools all have various (and some extensive) adjustments (swap/parallax/convergence, etc.) that can be used to fine-tune the video as-is, and/or produce the simpler red/blue glasses output as well. Still not sure about the 360vr angle, but that's possibly just icing on the cake!

Up above I posted a link to a great (windows) free stereo image creation tool that does stills as well, and that site also has a basic-but capable free stereo-centric video 'editor' that helps glue these pieces together easily enough.

cheers,

--ms

Post edited by mindsong on
  • Hi Mindsong,so glad you like the camera and would welcome your input.I have made some very wierd rigs trying to do the normal(not 180 degree) side by side 3d in one pass but never got them to work.I had given up untill this vr business rekindled my interest.I could'nt see the link you mention?

Thanks again

• mindsongmindsong Posts: 1,701

Must have been one of the other spherical threads in here. The link I thought I'd mentioned is the 'stereo-photo-maker, or stereo-movie-maker' site. Been around for a good while, and there are a bunch of other cool resources/images/web-based viewers, and the like on this site:

http://stereo.jpn.org/eng/index.html

Take a look!

It looks like you've been trying to hack Carrara into doing the normal dual-image on one render rig as well, eh? IT still might be plausible. The guys at the Bryce forum (david Brinnen and Horo) have exactly that sort of rig as a product, but it does look pretty intricate. Curious if we'll ever finesse Carrara into doing this. I only poked at your product, but liked the promise held within... and will sit down with a project 'soon'.

--ms